forum

IAHN - Transform (Original Mix)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Natsu

Nominated, we gonna wait for Chaoslitz and Okorin, since they also want to give their approval to the map.
Ipas
Ayyy almost there :3
Ascendance

- Magic Bomb - wrote:

get hyped

as a ctb bn i'm basically the most qualified to check maps like this right :^)

that never stopped me
Underforest
oh baby a triple
Lince Cosmico_old
lololol
melloe

Monstrata wrote:

Forlornly wrote:

regarding the breaks, i think you might have mistimed them a bit. looking at the timing points in the notepad i can see what you're going for, but i think there's a bit of a delay between where the breaks theoretically start/end and where they actually and visually start/end, probably because they fade in and out

like in the first break, set to 11003,12381, it's set to start at 00:11:003 (1) - and end on 00:12:382 (1) - which makes perfect sense, but watching-GN's play of it it looks instead like it starts on 00:11:262 (2) - and ends on 00:13:244 (5) - and this seems to be the case on a few of the other breaks, but not all of them.

Theres the fade out yes. But what was most important for me was the health bar, and other objects on the screen fading out in sync to the music. It's true, the actual "break" doesn't begin until 250 ms after the initial break, due to fade out, but i'm aiming to snap the fade out and fade in with the music, not the break duration itself. Fadein-Fadeout being snapped maps more sense because it better relates to the theme of "transforming" and seeing a visual change in progress as you go from one section to another.

Thanks for your time though!
not actually too sure what you mean, but it sounds like you wanted to visual aspect of the break to sync up with some musical aspect of the song itself. in the section i'm talking about, the first break, there's a section where the music kind of holds its breath and the humming in the music stops, until 00:12:382 (1) - when the noise kind of comes back in and resumes, and that's where you set the break to end, which makes sense atmospherically. but when i first played the map, the whole timing of the break starting and ending seemed to be off jussst slightly, but the fading nature of breaks made this perceived mistiming a lot more conspicuous, in that first break as well as in a couple of the other longer ones. i think when you set the break to end at 00:12:382 (1) - that's when the background BEGINS to fade out, but i think it would be more atmospherically effective to have it FINISH fading out at 00:12:382 (1) -

again, i didnt really understand what you said in your post so sorry if that's exactly what you addressed, but clarifying just in case
Topic Starter
Monstrata
It's exactly what I addressed. I want it to begin fading in/out, not finish fading in/out at the time stamp. I want to capture the transition, the point of transformation, not the end result.
melloe
ah ok. it still seems it'd work better for it to finish fading out when the music reenters, to have that decisive single point when the background settles back into solidity and the song continues on its way. but if the timing now is what you intended then that's fine, thanks for the reply
Chaoslitz
Bubble #4

First bubble #4 is osu! history!!!!!!!!!!!
7ambda
Just a quick suggestion, but how about adding #2 to the tags?
xxdeathx
savage ^
7ambda

xxdeathx wrote:

savage ^
Actually, I was being serious. You know, second aspire contest?

/shrug
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Considered, but I'll just add it to map description i guess. Anything under 3 characters isn't searchable anyways xD
Lince Cosmico_old

Monstrata wrote:

Anything under 3 characters isn't searchable anyways xD
Second maybe ... hehe
Topic Starter
Monstrata
Its not the same lol.
numbermaniac
The beautiful butterfly crashes osu :(
Underforest
update your video graphics, maybe your pc is low-end
numbermaniac

Underforest wrote:

update your video graphics, maybe your pc is low-end
Possibly. But I just tested it out in the Editor mode's testplay, and Auto plays it fine there. So that's good at least :p
Spaghetti
4 bubbles lol why
diraimur
when 4 bubbles are not enough
-Kanzaki
Well this is actually awesome
Okoratu
ok 5 nominations are enough, congrats
Taeyang
gratz~!
SnowNiNo_
wow
gratz monstrata :>!
Sotarks
T H E
G O D
Enon
greatz! you are worth to be winner!
Lince Cosmico_old
Congrats XD
PS:
totally fixed :v
SyraxAxoJaxco
If Lord of Triangles alone can make this awesome map,
i imagine what would happen if Monstrata collaborates with Charles445 making an Aspire diff...
Will the earth reach it's doom then??

Anyway, congrats!
I want to give my triangle cookie to you but i can't. :v
-Mo-
Congrats
Weber
monstrata r/n

OnosakiHito

That static note at the beginning. lol
Metaku
Great map congrats
Kyouren