forum

[Marathon] Camellia - Light It Up --- hitsounding help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nines
ORIGINAL POST UPDATED 9/13/16 17:00 PST

I have some ideas of hitsounds to use from an old, but massive, hitsound pack I found on the forums 2 years ago, but I'd like to see what other people have in mind. Can anyone provide some hitsound files that they think would go good with the song that I can use?

Old Original Post
EDIT: Didn't even give anyone a way to see the map :p added a link

EDIT 2: So far, I've gotten 1 test player, with 1 mostly positive feedback, a result which felt super great. I mean, even letting me know that I'm on the right track with this, or that I've got a good map so far would be lovely to hear. Keeps me super motivated to keep going, ya know?

EDIT 3: feeling pretty good about this guys.

EDIT 4: No more dropbox uploads and all that tedious stuff. FINALLY got support for the extra submissions.

So like, I'm mapping Light It Up by Camellia, and I may be overthinking a lot here, but I feel like I need guidance out of a possible "mappers block," rather than my own creative spark (hence the blockage). I'm slowly getting to a point where I don't know how much I can handle all by myself.

I've attempted mapping tons of Camellia's songs, but I never really mapped them the way I feel like I'm mapping this song, a way which is I guess.. cleaner(?).

I feel like it's worth mentioning that I spent at least an hour looking for a good background. That's when I realized the picture I chose was perfect. If you haven't read Yuumei's comic Knite, READ IT and then you'll understand how perfect the background pic is. :>

Enough of the contextual things and moving on to my point...

I'm not quite sure how doing [Collabs] works, so I'm not sure if that's really what I'm asking for. I'm imagining the kind of help or the kind of ideas I might receive from this, and it would involve other people contributing possible ways to map segments of the song. Maybe someone will see a "better" way to map things I already have mapped, or maybe someone would actually like to collab with me. Idk.

The only thing I DO know, a large enough amount of people in the osu! community like Camellia. The Camellia maps that are ranked are just. wow. so awesome. I don't want my map to fall short to the quality of currently ranked one's. I know I don't have as much experience in mapping as fantastic and as seasoned as sukiNathan, RLC, Skystar, ProfessionalBox, toybot, Priti, etc. Forgive me for having not mentioned you if you belong in that list, I just don't want to drone on too much. :)

So yeah, TL;DR, I'm an amateur mapper with nothing ranked yet, I'm mapping a Camellia song I just don't want it to be crap. Can anyone help me with this?
h1b1k11
Uhm- I'm kinda of a newbie too so maybe we could do a collab? I can show you an example of my mapping if you want (I kinda continued where you left off in 'hella turn').
And I have a modding queue of my own so it'll be easier and faster if I did M4M with your map with others to get mods.
Topic Starter
Nines
Just hit the halfway mark! Thanks for your support guys~

As of 00:57 PST 7/26/16, please re-download the map using the link in the OP.
_Meep_
Leme join in da fun c;
can I do a collab with you?
Ayyri
more camellia
_DT3

Ayyri wrote:

more camellia
Bara-

_DT3 wrote:

Ayyri wrote:

more camellia
Pachiru

Bara- wrote:

Ayyri wrote:

more camellia
headphonewearer
wow dude really nice mapping style you got there!
maybe add some kiai? and im pretty sure the offset is 1139. try that.

good luck!
Topic Starter
Nines

havkz wrote:

wow dude really nice mapping style you got there!
maybe add some kiai? and im pretty sure the offset is 1139. try that.

good luck!
Thanks!!

news flash. finally uploaded the map through BSS. Sorry for the long wait. dropbox and puush so tedious, smh
Topic Starter
Nines
I'M DONE PPLZ :D

Please feel free to hit me up with M4M or something. Or if you just wanna ya give some quick feed back, PM me. Thanks thanks thanks kbye~
Topic Starter
Nines
ORIGINAL POST UPDATED 9/13/16 17:00 PST
Topic Starter
Nines
Request to move to Beatmap Questions please~

or should I just make a new thread

or is this the correct category lol
headphonewearer

Tsuchimikado wrote:

Request to move to Beatmap Questions please~

or should I just make a new thread