forum

Prioritised Feature Requests

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
In order to get a better idea of what the community wants to see in osu!, and focus developer time in these areas, the feature requests forum now supports prioritisation based on user votes. Read on for the full details!

To begin with, every user has 2 votes, plus 2 more if you have an active supporter tag (supporters' votes are also worth double!). More votes will be distributed every few weeks/month after I get an idea of how many people should have (and there will be another announcement at that point). For the time being, go check out those features and throw some votes on the ones you want!

Please do note that highly voted features will not necessarily be implemented. It is just an extra metric to allow us to analyse what is seen as the most valuable features to the majority of the community. Also note that new accounts will not receive any votes until the next distribution wave kicks in.

Visit Feature Requests now!
Note that like the BSS kudosu priority system, you can disable priority to see the newest requests as per usual.
Max300
Awesome.
SapphireGhost
This is yes.
Torran
Whee~★
Vext_old
Fantastic idea.
dkun
Star! oh wait this is already a feature..
nadihko-chan
Nadi Likes
Sakura
I like this, thanks peppy!
jjrocks
Oh god yes <3
lepidopodus
Well this seems nice. Let's find some good feature requests to promote!
OzzyOzrock
Awesome! :D
Wassaaaa
Fantastic!
James2250
Was worried this could just turn into the star system that the maps currently have (which..doesn't work)

But with the strict limit suggested it actually doesn't seem like such a bad idea~
h3k1ru

James2250 wrote:

Was worried this could just turn into the star system that the maps currently have (which..doesn't work)

But with the strict limit suggested it actually doesn't seem like such a bad idea~
This. How about to strict it to maps too, so starring will make a sense.
Topic Starter
peppy
Maybe someone should start a feature requests with a proposal for changing kudosu / beatmap star priority ;).
Galkan
Another wonderful idea! o/
Kecco
Really useful, Well done.
ShaggoN
This is just great. It'll help ppl to see the forum more clearly, and filtered from requests like: "Guitar Hero Mode" or "Youtube channel for osu! website"
Awesome idea ppy! :)
Dotsu
wow~ Great idea :D
Aqua
Sweeeet ~
mekadon_old
lol I like this feature. inb4 use kudosu as priority stars
Pereira006
cooll !!! ^^

aswome
Zetta
Very nice peppy. This has been needed for a while.
Gabi
This looks pretty nice, hope it will be used well.

What about if you want to downvote a feature request? :P
adam2046
Should upvoting your own request be allowed?
It kind of seems useless for a person to vote up their own request.
James2250

adam2046 wrote:

I agree (as I have already seen people use all their stars on their own request and it just seems to defeat the purpose)
Luna
Well, I guess it's okay since the amount of stars you can use is really limited. If their own topic has their single most important request, I see no problem with them usin all their stars on it. I mean, it's not like it's a "free" boost since they forfeit the ability to vote up other requests they like~
This way the stars don't reflect how many people want that feature but rather how badly they want it. If everyone could only use one star per request, I'd also be against self-starring...
TBTE
This is so Great That My Mom Slapped Me in the face
Ishmon
This is Win i have a couple ideas as well ^_^
senaya

peppy wrote:

Also note that new accounts will not receive any votes until the next distribution wave kicks in.
so I can create 9000+ accs, wait a bit and RAGEVOTE all I want?
Sakura

senaya wrote:

peppy wrote:

Also note that new accounts will not receive any votes until the next distribution wave kicks in.
Having more than 1 account is against the rules, so no
James2250
It should be fairly obvious but make sure you have searched very hard for a duplicate before you go and throw stars at your own suggestion (I have seen it a few times already today)
qlum

James2250 wrote:

adam2046 wrote:

I agree (as I have already seen people use all their stars on their own request and it just seems to defeat the purpose)
hmm looks tempting to put in feature request and bump it with some of my own stars

also will stars be refunded if the feature gets implemented
Sakura

qlum wrote:

also will stars be refunded if the feature gets implemented
I highly doubt that, just like your kudosu isnt refunded if you spent it on a map and it gets ranked
Topic Starter
peppy
Nothing will be refunded when features are completed.

senaya wrote:

peppy wrote:

If you want a permanent ban to the face.
Vish024
Nice feature, but I hope you can't vote your own requests.
Topic Starter
peppy
Yes you can vote for your own requests. I don't see this being a problem. Note that if you are going to post a new feature request and spend all your votes on it, you better be pretty damn sure it's not a duplicate. If it is, your votes will be lost forever.
ouranhshc
wait, isn't it impossible to have 5 votes?
Derekku
It was originally 5 for supporters, but peppy decided to change it to 4 at the last minute.
ouranhshc

Derekku wrote:

It was originally 5 for supporters, but peppy decided to change it to 4 at the last minute.
ooo so thats how i went from 5 to 2 while only using 2 votes before he made the limit 4
theowest
AWESOME! THANK YOU! This is what I've been waiting for! :D
Fabi
Nice idea peppy!
Xgor
So, when will we exactly get more votes :?

There has been quite some nice Feature requests the latest months that I wanted to vote for but we haven't got new votes on several months
Topic Starter
peppy
I don't want to allocate more votes until I get around to implementing some of the top ones; it seems quite pointless.
Xgor

peppy wrote:

I don't want to allocate more votes until I get around to implementing some of the top ones; it seems quite pointless.
Ok, good point.
My1_old
sp, why I dont have even one vote???
I have never used one (how even if I have none)
Beuchi

peppy wrote:

Next time you should read the posts, maybe you find your question answered and you don't have to necropost a thread, like you just did.

Please don't do this again :(
Raging Bull
You were even answered already >_> viewtopic.php?p=1084498#p1084498
ZST
Corin

ZST wrote:

Why would you necrobump this, seriously, people like you irritate me.
show more