1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Feature Requests
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,203
show more
posted

peppy wrote:

*holds gun to head*

*cringes and pulls trigger*
Don't laugh,I am kinda new in this topic :) My previous ideas vere denied by you,so I don't know how does this system work.
posted

peppy wrote:

*holds gun to head*

*cringes and pulls trigger*
NOOOOOO!!! *takes the gun away from ppy*

Anyways...i don't support. It would be too much confusing. Kiai is enough for me. :o
posted
Oh my god

no no no no fucking no

James2250 wrote:

It worries me to think how much this can easily be abused (and will be) and have to deal with mappers refusing to change any of it because "it fits"
tldr: push button receive even worse osu community division
posted
While I understand that there are some maps where it really fits - this would be incredibly disorienting orz
I mean, I already get enough combobreaks with unexpected 2x slider velocity changes, I don't even wanna imagine how my accuracy would plummet if this gets used D:
posted
This made me remember when osu didn't refresh Approach Rate when changing Overall Difficulty some time ago and i kinda "tested" some patterns with two different approach rates.

It would be a interesting feature, but it would also kill the biggest element used for reading patterns.

Some cases in which i could see this fit are songs described above, with a break before the AR change.
That would be a really nice touch and not disturbing at all while playing.

I'm neutral about this.
posted
Would a rule of not being able to switch ARs without a break in between be a decent compromise?
posted
Support, it's literally impossible to map progressive songs without this. Just make it an outright rule that this is for songs which vary in tone and not just for added difficulty.
posted

Mashley wrote:

Just make it an outright rule that this is for songs which vary in tone and not just for added difficulty.
I am very okay with this.
posted

Larto wrote:

Mashley wrote:

Just make it an outright rule that this is for songs which vary in tone and not just for added difficulty.
I am very okay with this.
No, that doesn't help much. I'd say that most songs mapped here change "tone" many times throughout. It really isn't something you can give an easy yes/no rule towards.
posted
This feature will make maps absolutely unpredictable, I already see some maps with low AR having suddenly an AR 10 part you don't see coming.
posted

James2250 wrote:

It worries me to think how much this can easily be abused (and will be) and have to deal with mappers refusing to change any of it because "it fits"
I imagine how itd be if we just have a group of members that can take care about what can be ranked or not~ ohwait.

But no, i don't support it ._.
posted
it could work if moderated correctly though in some maps it can really be useful to change the approach rate for example when the rythem changes completely in the middle of a map.
posted
YES.

"POKER FACE"'S SLOWDOWN'S APPORACH SPEED IS REAAALLLY STUPID.

But alas, I've no votes.
posted
support.
but like the slider changes , ''Maximum 3 on map''
posted
This is a very bad idea. There are very few cases (though, strong ones) where this would be useful. If and when it does get implemented, it will only be used appropriately like 2% of the time. And adding another feature like this will just be another thing for people to complain about when somebody else says they are doing it wrong.
posted

Rolled wrote:

This is a very bad idea. There are very few cases (though, strong ones) where this would be useful. If and when it does get implemented, it will only be used appropriately like 2% of the time. And adding another feature like this will just be another thing for people to complain about when somebody else says they are doing it wrong.
There are not few cases where this could be useful. For example,a lot of songs can start very slow and in the middle they become faster,or the voice is getting louder and maybe it looks good if you add AR +1 or +2. It looks better then.
posted

Giorgos wrote:

or the voice is getting louder and maybe it looks good if you add AR +1 or +2. It looks better then.
This is exactly when you SHOULDN'T use this, and one of the strongest points against it. There's a wide enough margin of approach rates that will fit a given song, so I don't see why there'd be difficulty in finding an appropriate one. Altering gameplay to achieve a cosmetic effect is inappropriate and will needlessly confuse the player.

The only time something like this could ever be justified is if the music changes to a completely different BPM and texture.

If this ever gets added (none of the devs want this), all of faceman's rules would most certainly be enforced, plus the restriction of being only allowed on red lines.
posted
If anything there should be a way to make approach rate constant in maps like taiko with a varying bpm. Or have approach rate set by the player (but I know that will never happen).
posted
Approach rate is constant in osu! Approach rate isn't constant in Taiko. The Easy and Hard Rock modes change approach rate. I don't see any need to make this more player-configurable. It'll only make mod score multipliers harder to figure.
posted
The only time something like this could ever be justified is if the music changes to a completely different BPM and texture.
Black Hole - Pluto

:<
show more
Please sign in to reply.