forum

Allow to use different Approach Rates in map

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1,210
Topic Starter
Giorgos
If this topic has already been created,then sorry..

Well,why can't we use different Approach Rates in map? For example - for sliders we can put slowdown,but for circles we can't do nothing. and sometimes it doesn't look good when the song with AR 9 has a calm moment and the circles fall so fast. So,we can create inheriting timing section,and put different AR there. What do you think about it?
Kitsunemimi
No because if we had this, it would be totally disorienting and unnecessary.
Topic Starter
Giorgos

Kitsunemimi wrote:

No because if we had this, it would be totally disorienting and unnecessary.
Well,who knows. With slowdowns and 2x speed sliders it is not disorienting,and with circles with different AR's it will be?
Xgor
I can see the moments when this is useful, for example, Beats And Pieces is a song I tried to map. It starts at 70 BPM and anything over 6-7 looks wrong but ends at 200 BPM and anything under 9 looks wrong!

So yeah, this have my support but it better be justified to when it's used as this can be abused very easy.
Faust
Will definitely need special permission even if it's implemented, I also support this. We can still utilize this and keep abuse to a minimal, or at a halt, since with the addition of another feature, there's bound to be a restriction of some sort over this.
RandomJibberish
No no no no no. I dread to see the abuse this would cause despite it's potential good uses.

Xgor wrote:

It starts at 70 BPM and anything over 6-7 looks wrong but ends at 200 BPM and anything under 9 looks wrong!.
Go full troll and set AR5 for the whole thing :D
Firo Prochainezo

RandomJibberish wrote:

No no no no no. I dread to see the abuse this would cause despite it's potential good uses.
And this is why we have our friendly BATs and MATs!.

Other than that, I have no support. I'll see how it turns out before supporting.
Waryas
edit : not supporting, adapting to a new speed will confuse me.
0_o
I know there are a lot of people against this, but I really do think this is a good idea. For songs that have both soft and intense parts a changing AR could work very well.

Of course there's potential for abuse, but seeing as we have an approval system I really don't think that's much of an issue.
Mashley
Much as I want this, it'd probably end up with some terrible mapper abusing it for 'creativity'.
Jarby
Increase AR to 10 at all kiai time sections, fuck yeah.
Mismagius

0_o wrote:

I know there are a lot of people against this, but I really do think this is a good idea. For songs that have both soft and intense parts a changing AR could work very well.

Of course there's potential for abuse, but seeing as we have an approval system I really don't think that's much of an issue.
Exactly. If people tried to map "I Prefer the Sky (Remix)", they would know what I'm talking about. ;P
Luneko
Well, yes there will be many maps abusing this
but i want this :3
mm201
I totally despise when this happens on rhythm games like DDR.
ziin

MetalMario201 wrote:

I totally despise when this happens on rhythm games like DDR.
or you know, taiko.
James2250
It worries me to think how much this can easily be abused (and will be) and have to deal with mappers refusing to change any of it because "it fits"

However I have seen several maps where this idea could be very helpful...
I guess half support~
Topic Starter
Giorgos
I am surprised that my idea has such a good support.
That is the first time when I do it,so Idk if it is bad or not - that I voted 4 times for this idea by myself :)
peppy
*holds gun to head*

*cringes and pulls trigger*
Topic Starter
Giorgos

peppy wrote:

*holds gun to head*

Don't laugh,I am kinda new in this topic :) My previous ideas vere denied by you,so I don't know how does this system work.
ShaggoN

peppy wrote:

*holds gun to head*

NOOOOOO!!! *takes the gun away from ppy*

Anyways...i don't support. It would be too much confusing. Kiai is enough for me. :o
Jinxy
Oh my god

no no no no fucking no

James2250 wrote:

It worries me to think how much this can easily be abused (and will be) and have to deal with mappers refusing to change any of it because "it fits"

tldr: push button receive even worse osu community division
Luna
While I understand that there are some maps where it really fits - this would be incredibly disorienting orz
I mean, I already get enough combobreaks with unexpected 2x slider velocity changes, I don't even wanna imagine how my accuracy would plummet if this gets used D:
Card N'FoRcE
This made me remember when osu didn't refresh Approach Rate when changing Overall Difficulty some time ago and i kinda "tested" some patterns with two different approach rates.

It would be a interesting feature, but it would also kill the biggest element used for reading patterns.

Some cases in which i could see this fit are songs described above, with a break before the AR change.
That would be a really nice touch and not disturbing at all while playing.

I'm neutral about this.
0_o
Would a rule of not being able to switch ARs without a break in between be a decent compromise?
Mashley
Support, it's literally impossible to map progressive songs without this. Just make it an outright rule that this is for songs which vary in tone and not just for added difficulty.
Larto

Mashley wrote:

Just make it an outright rule that this is for songs which vary in tone and not just for added difficulty.
I am very okay with this.
Jarby

Larto wrote:

Mashley wrote:

Just make it an outright rule that this is for songs which vary in tone and not just for added difficulty.
I am very okay with this.
No, that doesn't help much. I'd say that most songs mapped here change "tone" many times throughout. It really isn't something you can give an easy yes/no rule towards.
Wishy
This feature will make maps absolutely unpredictable, I already see some maps with low AR having suddenly an AR 10 part you don't see coming.
Bittersweet

James2250 wrote:

I imagine how itd be if we just have a group of members that can take care about what can be ranked or not~ ohwait.

But no, i don't support it ._.
qlum
it could work if moderated correctly though in some maps it can really be useful to change the approach rate for example when the rythem changes completely in the middle of a map.
OzzyOzrock
YES.

"POKER FACE"'S SLOWDOWN'S APPORACH SPEED IS REAAALLLY STUPID.

But alas, I've no votes.
Hyguys
support.
but like the slider changes , ''Maximum 3 on map''
Rolled
This is a very bad idea. There are very few cases (though, strong ones) where this would be useful. If and when it does get implemented, it will only be used appropriately like 2% of the time. And adding another feature like this will just be another thing for people to complain about when somebody else says they are doing it wrong.
show more