forum

CTL-490 Users, we need to make our tablet great again!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SquareTude
The main issue that causes this input lag on our tablets is the smoothing, and since it is not a hardware, but rather software thing(at least I think so, and hope so) we need to write Wacom support to add an option to enable/disable this smoothing.

I know this thing about sticking nib to pen, in fact I've superglued my nib and have it pressed in as far as I can. This does eliminate some of the latency, but not all. After not playing for a while or playing with my mouse, and going back to tablet I can feel the delay and it's bad, compared to 480 or 471.
Ps. English not my first, so excuse any grammar mistakes or typos.
Endaris
I heard that the 490 has a lower lift-off distance. How do you want to fix it via software?
Topic Starter
SquareTude

Endaris wrote:

I heard that the 490 has a lower lift-off distance. How do you want to fix it via software?
I never mentioned the lift off distance. Once the pen tip is pressed in(software thinks you're trying to draw or do something) the lag is same as if I was dragging even when hovering.
Alakezam

SquareTude wrote:

Endaris wrote:

I never mentioned the lift off distance. Once the pen tip is pressed in(software thinks you're trying to draw or do something) the lag is same as if I was dragging even when hovering.
I have put tape over the nib of my pen and the smoothing was disabled, while hovering. I've helped someone here on the forums solve it by suggesting they do the same. It stops this issue completely. Drag your pen across your tablet really fast, then move your pen across your tablet really fast looking at the cursor. There is a difference. Putting tape over the pen and pressing the nib in is what makes the tablet think it's being dragged on, and this is why it works. Sure, I need a mouse to navigate instead of just using the tablet but now I can actually do cross map jumps because there is no smoothing/ delay.

And yes, it is a software feature. Maybe it's a placebo, or after not playing for a while you could move your hand much slower to aim than before.
Anecyal
Wacom needs to release better software for bamboo tablets. I wanna decrease proportion size to 3x2cm but can only do 5x4cm
Stefan
Conversations like this belongs in 13 , thanks.