toby fox - CORE

posted
Total Posts
show more
Seto Kousuke
[General]
  • hp 6 is too much for top diff, consider using hp 5 instead

[normal]
  • 02:41:268 (1,2,3,4) - would be cute if you re-arrange this pattern to make it end right on top of flowey like the other diffs

[Hard]
  • 1:33:554 (3,4,5,6,1) - this feels like a big spike for this diff, considering how it is 1/2 heavy with some 1/4s like 01:02:268 (2,3,4) - that uses slider tails to cover some triple sounds, would be a lot better to just use reverse arrows like : https://puu.sh/Camn7/00756d2304.png
  • 02:19:411 (3,4,5) - can u adjust the pattern on grid to make DS consistent ?

[HardCORE]
  • 01:01:197 (1,2) - plays really weird coming out from the spinner, considering how the song also has a 1/8 sound at 01:01:251 - I suggest you delete (1) and make a single hold slider of reverse arrows
  • 01:40:411 (4,5,6,7) - feels off in the song, would be better to use 1/4s to follow the melody like you did everywhere

hi u're qt
Topic Starter
Yahuri

Seto Kousuke wrote:

general, normal, hard fixed
[General]
  • hp 6 is too much for top diff, consider using hp 5 instead

[normal]
  • 02:41:268 (1,2,3,4) - would be cute if you re-arrange this pattern to make it end right on top of flowey like the other diffs

[Hard]
  • 1:33:554 (3,4,5,6,1) - this feels like a big spike for this diff, considering how it is 1/2 heavy with some 1/4s like 01:02:268 (2,3,4) - that uses slider tails to cover some triple sounds, would be a lot better to just use reverse arrows like : https://puu.sh/Camn7/00756d2304.png
  • 02:19:411 (3,4,5) - can u adjust the pattern on grid to make DS consistent ?

[HardCORE]
  • 01:01:197 (1,2) - plays really weird coming out from the spinner, considering how the song also has a 1/8 sound at 01:01:251 - I suggest you delete (1) and make a single hold slider of reverse arrows
yes
  • 01:40:411 (4,5,6,7) - feels off in the song, would be better to use 1/4s to follow the melody like you did everywhere but im not following that same instrument in this bit, i'm following the high-pitched one starting from here: 01:36:126. it would feel weird to switch back to following the other instrument right before this one ends

hi u're qt
no u
Noffy
HELLO THERE YAHURI

Skin
- Please for the love of banana make the cursor smaller, it's so large
- since cursortrail.png is a 1x1 invisible image, cursormiddle.png isn't doing anything. Remove?
- reverse arrow could be cuter, like a similar style as the numbers :3c
- why do your undertalebg.jpg sprites have move commands when they don't move?
- scorebar-bg is gameplay relevant and can not be totally invisible. even a line along the bottom length of scorebar colour to serve as a point of reference of how much health is lost could be good.

Hitsound
the whistle hitsound is used so frequently it gets a bit annoying and loses any impact it could have, honestly. Especially as it's so loud and distinct from the song. The intro was ok since it was less frequent, but hitsounding in other parts of the song are questionable. I think you could reduce the frequency to more key notes so that there's more distinction and emphasis using this hitsound rather than tingtingting everywhere

Hard
- 00:46:518 - i know there IS a sound here, but it's really non-obvious and the result is that 00:46:411 (1,2) - feels incredibly weird and like 2 is starting to nothing. would just make them one slider like 00:47:268 (3) - .
> 01:54:983 (1,2) - ^

HardCORE
- 01:04:197 (3,4,5,6,7) - these and other 5plets end up really awkward to play because you have 3,4,6,7 to the piano doubles, but 5 to the drumbeat, meaning you're clicking to two very different things in one 1/4 pattern- it's too rapid to switch, and feels unfitting to both. I suggest you just remove the middle notes from these and go for doubles. or make 01:04:304 (4,5) - into a slider.
- 01:11:161 (3,4,5,6) - these kinds of rhythms have the same issue.

extremely cute mapset, ping me in the Kagamine dungeon once the mod is applied
Topic Starter
Yahuri

Noffy wrote:

HELLO THERE YAHURI HELLO THERE

Skin
- Please for the love of banana make the cursor smaller, it's so large yes
- since cursortrail.png is a 1x1 invisible image, cursormiddle.png isn't doing anything. Remove? yes
- reverse arrow could be cuter, like a similar style as the numbers :3c yes
- why do your undertalebg.jpg sprites have move commands when they don't move? old map :(
- scorebar-bg is gameplay relevant and can not be totally invisible. even a line along the bottom length of scorebar colour to serve as a point of reference of how much health is lost could be good. NOW MUCHO SEXI

Hitsound fixed
the whistle hitsound is used so frequently it gets a bit annoying and loses any impact it could have, honestly. Especially as it's so loud and distinct from the song. The intro was ok since it was less frequent, but hitsounding in other parts of the song are questionable. I think you could reduce the frequency to more key notes so that there's more distinction and emphasis using this hitsound rather than tingtingting everywhere

Hard fixed
- 00:46:518 - i know there IS a sound here, but it's really non-obvious and the result is that 00:46:411 (1,2) - feels incredibly weird and like 2 is starting to nothing. would just make them one slider like 00:47:268 (3) - .
> 01:54:983 (1,2) - ^

HardCORE we talked in the dungeon, this is fine
- 01:04:197 (3,4,5,6,7) - these and other 5plets end up really awkward to play because you have 3,4,6,7 to the piano doubles, but 5 to the drumbeat, meaning you're clicking to two very different things in one 1/4 pattern- it's too rapid to switch, and feels unfitting to both. I suggest you just remove the middle notes from these and go for doubles. or make 01:04:304 (4,5) - into a slider.
- 01:11:161 (3,4,5,6) - these kinds of rhythms have the same issue.

extremely cute mapset, ping me in the Kagamine dungeon once the mod is applied
Pachiru
modding v1 is still a thing wtf
Noffy
hey, btw, you should totally add more cats to your sb. it'll make it 100x better
Topic Starter
Yahuri

Noffy wrote:

hey, btw, you should totally add more cats to your sb. it'll make it 100x better
n
o

Noffy
This bubble fills you with determination!
hypercyte
👀
Sotarks
i miss v1 so badly that if you need 2nd bn on this i can qualify 👀
Seto Kousuke
Despite everything, it's still you. A v1 qualify.