forum

Judges needed: Remix Mapping Contest "circles!" (osu!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
karterfreak
Hey everybody! With the osu! remix contest for "circles!" coming to a close soon with staff judging underway and community vote soon to come, we're looking for three judges for the mapping contest to follow! The submission period for this contest will take 1 month with judging taking place immediately afterwards. Dates will be decided upon the staff vote winner being decided and the results published.

Before applying to judge for this mapping contest, please be sure you are able to put time aside for the judging phase. You will have 2 weeks to finish judging, so it is very important that you can finish this in a timely manner (and not spend large amounts of time on any one submission). To judge, you must be a Beatmap Nominator who has experience in modding osu!standard. Keep in mind selected judges will not be first come first serve, meaning those who have shown previous commitment to finishing judging may get priority over those who have a bad track record for completion.

If you are interested in taking part, please leave a response here!
Wafu
Question. Why is passing the test a requirement? (Yes, I failed it, but that's not why I ask) Respectively, we took the test 5 months ago. That's considerably a long time for improvement. Those who failed still didn't take the test again (unless I didn't receive a message with it). There were some questionable things where you could answer correctly because some wordings weren't 100% clear and during the appointment, some of these were admitted to be unclear, it was a first test after all. My reason for failing was rather underestimating the 2nd part though. I don't want to be the guy who just cries because he cannot participate, just I think 5 months is quite a long time for a change. I'd probably take a part otherwise. Good luck to everyone else!
Topic Starter
karterfreak
Actually just discussed this with people on discord and we reverted the passed test requirement. Now the requirement is having experience modding osu!standard as a BN (this is subject to change for future contests, I understand the initial osu!standard test was a little shaky)
Yuii-
Would love to participate! Count me in.
Wafu

Tasha wrote:

Actually just discussed this with people on discord and we reverted the passed test requirement. Now the requirement is having experience modding osu!standard as a BN (this is subject to change for future contests, I understand the initial osu!standard test was a little shaky)
Oh, cool. In that case, I'd welcome to take a part.
HappyRocket88
Hi, count me in too!
Cherry Blossom
If the song is interesting to map, i will participate as mapper.
If it isn't, i'll be willing to judge.
ztrot
if you need someone let me know I've finished with aspire judging now so I'm open for it.
Topic Starter
karterfreak
So I currently have ztrot, Cherry Blossom, HappyRocket88, Wafu and Yuii- that have expressed interest in this. While I'd like to give an ETA things are still being held up on the web end for the remix contest. Once that's all been sorted and a news post has been made for the community vote, the mapping contest will start ASAP after the vote ends and the results are available. There's still plenty of time for others who may have interest in judging to assist us!
Okoratu
I could join as a judge depending on when the judging period is