PC & Xbox 360 Multiplayer demo is out right now
Xeno_old
Downloading :)
Remco32
Played it
Realized it was a CoD with superpowers
Uninstalled it
Nachy
Already played the leak and got to mess around with the Sandbox and a few of the intro levels in the single-player. It was really fun and managed to max the game out with smooth frame rates. Real shame that the demo is not only just a direct port of the 360 version, but it's multiplayer only. (plus multiplayer gone from Battlefield clone watered down to CoD clone, which seems like a cop out to appeal and be more accessible to the consoles more)

Demo is pretty mediocre, had a few fun matches here and there, mostly being with the instant-action team deathmatch mode. Nanosuit powers+sliding is fun. Though got boring quick due to being 2 maps plus the Nanovision is ridiculously OP which is like a mini-wallhack, I could practically see everyone with it.

Crash Site is an awful mode, the ever changing capture points due the pods exploding sounds like a good idea on paper, though in gameplay it's boring and no fun. No one was really cooperating on capturing the points, and even if they are, it's just plain boring. Stand for a while on a pod, gain points, hope you don't get ambushed by a group of 2-4 soldiers, die, respawn nearby, kill enemies, rinse, repeat, vice versa.

I kinda liked on how killstreaks were handled here a bit, where you had to pick up their dog-tags (at least that's what I think they are judging from the pick up sound) since they prevented some killstreak gunship or orbital beam spam, so no sniper camping on spawn points and shizz

Overall was a pretty mediocre demo, not too shabby. But felt too consolized comparing to the first one, PRESS START screen, Aim Assitance, no leaning, mouse acceleration, FOV like you're looking through a tube, DX9 only, 12 players and etc.

Also got to admit the graphics still looks pretty awesome despite being locked at DX9 at the demo, Hardcore/Max settings went pretty smoothly 68FPS only dropping to 42FPS or so.

warninglolimagedumplollol

MDuh
OMG, thats some nice screenies there ;o
very large difference w/ the previous crysis..

well anyways, I wont get this game, physX suck on ATI and I can't max my settings to that game
Topic Starter
Xanek
6/10 imo, also holy shit i wondered why i was lagging so badly, damn spoiler..
Mara

Could be better. But it's okay.
Rantai

Remco32 wrote:

Played it
Uninstalled it
Exactly this for me.

I'll stick to BFBC2 XD
qlum

Rantai wrote:

Remco32 wrote:

Played it
Uninstalled it
Exactly this for me.

I'll stick to BFBC2 XD
exactly the same for me including the bfbc2 part
Lilac
Bad Company 2...

...Wish I got that, I'm pretty sure that could run on my computer unlike this.
qlum

Lilac wrote:

Bad Company 2...

...Wish I got that, I'm pretty sure that could run on my computer unlike this.
crysis 2 is about as heavy on a pc as bfbc2
Lilac
And apparently Crysis 2 is just like Crysis 1.

...Herp.
Loginer
Halfway through the campaign. Doesn't have much of a story, but the action-filled gameplay keeps you hooked for hours. All three suit modes (strength and speed have been combined into a power mode) are actually useful this time around, and I find myself not exclusively using cloak to deal with everything.

The game world isn't as open as in the first game, which is good; this one actually has some level design to speak of. The graphics are great, although they're definitely a step down from the original game (low-res textures everywhere, volumetric particles are gone). Things like the suit wheel and leaning are still in, so I have no idea what people are talking about when they're calling the gameplay "dumbed down for consoles".

Oh, and the soundtrack is amazing.