forum

[resolved] Plays.tv causing osu! to crash upon start-up

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu
Currently many users are experiencing an issue with Plays.tv and new builds of osu!, causing the game to crash when starting or very soon after.

If you have Plays.tv please close it, and or make sure it isn't running when attempting to play osu!.
If you aren't sure you have Plays.tv but you are experiencing this issue, check to see if you have Raptr, as it seems to be built into it or something along those lines.

Apparently it should be fixed, If this is still happening to some users, Make sure everything is up to date. If they are and it still persists, Please post a reply.
Oxxygen
Just to add onto this issue until a fix is implemented:
- Raptr/Plays.tv is packaged as (an optional) part of the drivers kit for AMD Graphics Cards.
- If you have closed Plays.tv, or have no recollection of running it (but do have it installed), check your task manager processes list for "Plays.tv by Raptr". Despite never starting the program myself, I had an active process by that name. After terminating that process (Right click + End Process) I no longer had issues with the osu! client crashing after startup.
Lacrimosa
Seems like it's resolved after their latest update.

Source
Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu

Nikosbks wrote:

Seems like it's resolved after their latest update.
Source

After a week of no reported issues I'll unpin this thread and mark resolved.
Xenoblade
Yep. No issues here.
Underforest
If this is fixed, then this should get moved to Resolved Issues, right?
Topic Starter
Dntm8kmeeatu

Underforest wrote:

If this is fixed, then this should get moved to Resolved Issues, right?

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

After a week of no reported issues I'll unpin this thread and mark resolved.

Actually came here to move this thread.