show more
charlotteawoo
JMC
tablet area full

monitor resolution 1440*900
osu resolution 1280*800
Chankles
bentyhunter
I thought mine was pretty standard but looking around it's pretty different.
JAKACHAN
Used to be Full Area 1440x900 but now I'm Full Area 1920x1080.
Piotrekol

JAKANYAN wrote:

Full Area 1920x1080.
I'm trying to start playing taiko tough :P :C
Sasumi_old
Mythras
full!
Malleta
Most people who posted here, use small areas... lol

JAKANYAN wrote:

Used to be Full Area 1440x900 but now I'm Full Area 1920x1080.
osu 1024x768? or full screen?

Unkind wrote:

full!
resolutions? :3
cirno-_old
Saint_old
Full, but with 800x600 resolution.
deadbeat

tiny \:D/
Yumz

:)
[-Shadowa-]
1280x960 osu! resulotion
and..

btw anyone knows how to disable holding shortcut for rightclick?
JAKACHAN

This is mapped directly to my osu! window.

So I am playing at the largest area possible.
-Soba-
Natsu
Full Area o3o
Claire_old_1
CTL-470 Full Area (Force Proportions) [1920x1080 Full Screen]
rmanz
Mapped to fullscreen osu! window.
I used to play full area when I used pen tapping, but after switching to hovering + keyboard only I had to make it smaller.
Jafem
So i was like... Lets try osu with tablet! 1 minute later... Screw this this is hard!
so i will perfer the mouse and keyboard :P
Icyteru

-Soba- wrote:

what?
Fabi
Juza26

thelewa wrote:

I see so many people without force proportions that it makes my brain hurt
Do you hover by the way?
Arcanine
Full area and forced proportions.

I play on windowed widescreen mode because it looks better than 800x600 in my opinion.
Poligen
Well, this is mine. I originally tried to be all Cookiezi and play full tablet area, but I got lazy QQ

Tsukimi Luna

Moderately large
TakuMii
I've been playing a lot with my area recently, and I think I've settled on (the equivalent to) what I used when I first got my tablet.

Screen area is 1366x768, just like my 11" ultrabook. My window is 1228x768 (16:10) but that doesn't affect gameplay.
Minah

didn't force on purpose :3
Marqueur

Still hesitating between full or medium area.
Arcanine

Vhoxel wrote:

Full area is the way to go.
TakuMii

Vhoxel wrote:

You'll want to be using full area, or at least 75% of your tablet. Your 'medium' is too small IMO.
enik

I call my area medium.
Marqueur

Arcanine wrote:

Full area is the way to go.
Yeah, i played some beatmaps switching between full and small area, and i'm actually more confortable with full.
Also, osu's résolution is 800x600.
pitbull2k4
What do you guys with full area move to get across the tablet (arms/wrist)? I've tried full, but I feel uncomfortable having to move that much, beyond just the fact that I'm not used to it. I'd like to full area sometime though.
TakuMii

pitbull2k4 wrote:

What do you guys with full area move to get across the tablet (arms/wrist)? I've tried full, but I feel uncomfortable having to move that much, beyond just the fact that I'm not used to it. I'd like to full area sometime though.
A lot of people use their wrist, but personally, I rest the ball of my wrist on the edge of the tablet and use my fingers to move the pen around. It sometimes gets uncomfortable though.
Marqueur

pitbull2k4 wrote:

I personnaly play osu windowed, so i don't have to move too much.
Hula

Just upgraded to this from <1/4 of the space used, doing fast star patterns with a tiny area is really rough, but this helps a bit I think
JareDeZane

I'm stuck with this. Can't go any smaller/bigger.
Hula
SPOILER

JareDeZane wrote:

I'm stuck with this. Can't go any smaller/bigger.

Isn't this area size really hard for you to do jumps on? Not to mention the random slider breaks?
Dexus

1920x1080 screen
1366x768 game window
1229x768 screen area

Everyone uses such tiny areas, must be hard.

Edit: Just noticed YayMii and I have the same but reversed settings, kinda funny.
Impossible to get 16:10 at 768p ;_; (it's 1228.8 for the width so I just rounded up)

I'll probably switch to 1152x720 screen area with 1280x720 game window.

You can get more precise mapping by using the Mouse keys
[ Control Panel\Ease of Access\Ease of Access Center\Make the mouse easier to use ]

First I set the game window to the size I want my tablet to play with (I always use a 16:10 resolution) then I use the mouse keys to get a precise placement. Then I just switch the game to a 16:9 resolution and play on that.

I never change the tablet area. I really wish I had a bigger tablet so I could play on bigger resolutions and match the movements. I find if you're playing with a large resolution the inputs get misplaced because you're not moving the same distance as you are with your tablet.
show more