forum

[resolved] BSOD when closing the game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rockageek
Problem Details:
windows crashes evertyime I close the game (normal close or taskkill)
I got 3 crashes so far in 2 days

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
There are 2 different errors but all linked to the same .dll
First one :
On Mon 27/06/2016 00:39:46 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\062716-36192-01.dmp
uptime: 29 days, 02:47:36
This was probably caused by the following module: cdd.dll (cdd!CddBitmapHw::Release+0x33)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF90107F0FAD8, 0x0, 0xFFFFF96000964107, 0x0)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\cdd.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Canonical Display Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Second one :
On Tue 28/06/2016 17:23:48 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\062816-18813-01.dmp
uptime: 1 day, 16:42:36
This was probably caused by the following module: cdd.dll (cdd!CddBitmap::RemoveFromCddBitmapList+0x30)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8021631CB26, 0xFFFFF88011F76AE0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

Third One :
On Tue 28/06/2016 19:19:48 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
uptime: 01:54:56
This was probably caused by the following module: cdd.dll (cdd!CddBitmap::RemoveFromCddBitmapList+0x30)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8036DEC5B26, 0xFFFFF880113AD8F0, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.

I did nothing special with my pc recently, I didn't installed softwares so far. I really don't know how this happens but it's really a problem because I have to keep the game always opened if I don't want another crash.
I'm running on Windows 8.0 64 bit
WhoCrashed conclusion : This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
Any help is welcome !
osu! version: 20160616cuttingedge
Underforest
cdd.dll is the Canonical Display Driver dll - so I figure that problems with it are related to problems with the video drivers.
Topic Starter
Rockageek
Good point ! Gonna update my Graphic Drivers.
I remember the last time I did it my computer didn't crashed but...black screen and had to reboot to acess windows again.

EDIT : update done well ! No crashes during installation, and no crashes when closing osu.
Hope this will keep going...will update this post if I get another crash within some days.
Running version : 368.39
Dntm8kmeeatu

Rockageek wrote:

Good point ! Gonna update my Graphic Drivers.
I remember the last time I did it my computer didn't crashed but...black screen and had to reboot to acess windows again.
EDIT : update done well ! No crashes during installation, and no crashes when closing osu.
Hope this will keep going...will update this post if I get another crash within some days.
Running version : 368.39

Going to mark resolved for the time being since it is indeed working now.