posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hi Im Faker
Please delete this post
darkmiz

Hi Im Faker wrote:

A wall of text because i suck at coding, sorry

This is effect of practicing in that way (after about 700 retries, from 93.91% 10 misses - april 13 to 96.73% FC may 30, to the final of 99.39%!!! at june 23) 2 months and my acc increased drasticly.. tryharding

And remember, play under your limit and you will be bad, play with your limit and you will have it, play over your limit to don`t have any.
fixed your youtube link

amazing skills, how you can stream so fast and so consistently with one hand

slow fingers is the reason i gave up on standard and switched to taiko is because I can use two hands 8-)
karterfreak

Hi Im Faker wrote:

starting patterns with middle fingers is simply confusing.
For discussion purposes I'd not say middle but your non-dominant finger, otherwise this won't apply to all ddkk players. I personally do a lot of my singletapping for dons on my middle and kats on my index. The idea behind this isn't wrong though, as you want to ideally train your hands to not care which finger you start with and instead to start using the finger that'll cause the least amount of strain on your hand (which happens to be alternating specific patterns at high bpm, though what those patterns end up being I'm sure will be different for every player)

A good way to practice 3 mentioned in the explanation later on is to play the song once using dominant fingers to lead, then play it again with non-dominant fingers, similar to methods you can use to learn alternating with a kddk playstyle.

Hi Im Faker wrote:

You won`t do anything without synchronization even though you are fast (WELL, JUST LIKE ME LOL, not anymore ^_^) I mean, really try to alternate everything you play. Tasha does it and his acc is amazing (over 98% at xi - Aragami [Inner Oni with HR, simply amazing)
or play them in a non intuitive way / alting (specific 1/4 patterning)
Dunno if this is the best example lol. I find this map easier to read with HR, and the map itself isn't extremely fast. You talk about my accuracy and always alting but I don't always alt and truthfully getting an acc similar to this video would be extremely difficult even for me (Notice I'm not in the top 50 for this map). To get good acc you need consistently accurate timing and the hand speed to play at the bpm required. Without both, you won't be able to achieve good acc (I lack the hand speed to maintain this bpm without losing consistency). I appreciate the mention though :)

One thing I'd like to mention outside of this explanation is if you're seriously devoting yourself to a ddkk playstyle, you will eventually need to put your keys close to manage 1/6 monocolours and long 1/4 monocolours at a certain bpm threshold. default key locations work well, I personally use cvbn.
Raiden
Why isn't Renatus on your top plays? O.o
Topic Starter
Hi Im Faker
A good way to practice 3 mentioned in the explanation later on is to play the song once using dominant fingers to lead, then play it again with non-dominant fingers, similar to methods you can use to learn alternating with a kddk playstyle.
I`ve never met any ddkk who used middle finger as a dominant one, but yeah, fixed

One thing I'd like to mention outside of this explanation is if you're seriously devoting yourself to a ddkk playstyle, you will eventually need to put your keys close to manage 1/6 monocolours and long 1/4 monocolours at a certain bpm threshold. default key locations work well, I personally use cvbn.

Darkstoorm used it to get his S on technonationalism, i personaly just double tap like big K or big D though it can fatigue players out.
Dont worry Tasha, you are great example of high skill ddkk

Raiden wrote:

Why isn't Renatus on your top plays? O.o
To show mercy to acrith, he was practicing so long and so hard to get over me in rank, now i made his hard work worthless (i really hate this guy)
https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/commen ... y_offline/
I can understand that i wont get pp for A DT compared to S HR but my blood boiled when my first FC on that didnt mean shiet :|

amazing skills, how you can stream so fast and so consistently with one hand

slow fingers is the reason i gave up on standard and switched to taiko is because I can use two hands 8-)
How can other do that? I play rhythm games since DJ Hero 2 was released but ive never treated that as something competetive thanks to my low self-estem back in the days so im into that for quite a long time. Thanks for fixing link
Catgirl

Hi Im Faker wrote:

I`ve never met any ddkk who used middle finger as a dominant one

hi there~

i singletap with both middle fingers in taiko, singletap with my middle finger in standard, and when i heavily played 7K VSRGs back 3+ years ago my middle fingers were always the strongest too, not sure why, cause i used all my fingers pretty equally.

i personally think most of my accuracy problems aren't just because I'm ddkk, but because i just struggle with rhythm and reading, which is why i basically only play HR cause it's easiest for me to read for accuracy. i also have no idea how to play DT, so anything easy that's OD6+DT i just get like 94% if I'm lucky. if the same map was pure OD10 without DT and 1.5x the normal bpm so no DT mod is active, i guarantee i get better accuracy.

alternating is a great tip and i just want to say it not only helps with high bpm but it also helps with playing awkward rhythm stuff such as 1/3+1/4+1/6 streams because trying to alternate ddkk requires you to change your hand speeds very often.

and of course the obvious answer to getting better acc is to just play more. i was rank #800-ish with about 96.5% and the lowest acc of all 3-digit players. now I'm at 98.5% playing almost exclusively OD7+ maps.
Topic Starter
Hi Im Faker

Catgirl wrote:

Hi Im Faker wrote:

I`ve never met any ddkk who used middle finger as a dominant one
hi there~

i singletap with both middle fingers in taiko, singletap with my middle finger in standard, and when i heavily played 7K VSRGs back 3+ years ago my middle fingers were always the strongest too, not sure why, cause i used all my fingers pretty equally.

i personally think most of my accuracy problems aren't just because I'm ddkk, but because i just struggle with rhythm and reading, which is why i basically only play HR cause it's easiest for me to read for accuracy. i also have no idea how to play DT, so anything easy that's OD6+DT i just get like 94% if I'm lucky. if the same map was pure OD10 without DT and 1.5x the normal bpm so no DT mod is active, i guarantee i get better accuracy.

alternating is a great tip and i just want to say it not only helps with high bpm but it also helps with playing awkward rhythm stuff such as 1/3+1/4+1/6 streams because trying to alternate ddkk requires you to change your hand speeds very often.

and of course the obvious answer to getting better acc is to just play more. i was rank #800-ish with about 96.5% and the lowest acc of all 3-digit players. now I'm at 98.5% playing almost exclusively OD7+ maps.

You know, a lot of players pm me with ``how to get better i am playing a lot`` and this type of shit but they are not getting better, i just described my way of getting high acc with a technique, not just pure playing but in fact it is also needed
-Kazu-
tbh (and it could be just me) the only thing that worked for me to start improving acc ( I'm kkdd) was to try getting consistent with high bpm streaming by playing a lot of dt (so speed wasnt an issue and also i already could handle any type of pattern but monochrome streams then start playing high OD maps. At the start i played slightly faster than the map's bpm because i was too used to play DT but after some weeks i improved a lot