my st00pid experiment was actually rankable wwwwwwwwwwwwww
Kalibe
Janpai HYPE !!
-NanoRIPE-
HYPE!!
Beomsan
Janpai pro
Doyak
I had some discussion with timing-expert BNs and here are the conclusions.

1. This song is in 6/8 meter and in this case, musically, an eighth note is not considered as 1 beat. Instead, 3 of them is considered to be a 1 beat, and it acts similar as 2/4 meter.

So theoretically this song should be in 64bpm and those 1/1 beats in the current map should be snapped at 1/3s, and 1/2 beats at 1/6s and etc.

2. HOWEVER, there is a part that uses 1/3 snaps with the current bpm, which will be changed to 1/9 snaps if we use the correct bpm. And this doesn't exist in osu! editor, so we can't do this. So keeping the current bpm(192) is the only option.

3. But there's still one thing that needs to be changed. The meter should be changed to 6/4 to keep the length of a measure correct. In other words, 00:12:766 - is not a downbeat, but just the middle beat on a measure. You can hear 00:11:829 - and 00:12:766 - has different drums, and this is not right.

I don't agree with some things of the map, so here we go.

[Misery]
* The whole map is filled with random jumps. Yes I know that there are consistent 1/2 guitar sounds(I'll just use 192bpm) in the entire song, but they're really not dominant and don't sound strong at all. You're literally using jumps everywhere if there is no vocal or other strong instruments.
* Also there is not much of structure on the jumps. I only see them pretty randomly placed. 00:11:829 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - What is this shape? 00:24:954 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - 00:58:704 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - etc. I can basically ask you the same thing for most of the jumps. If you only thought about the flow, I'd say flow is only a very small part of what makes a good map. You need to put more logic into your map, like why this note is here and how this is related to other notes' coordination and etc.
* What seems very strange about those jumps is very clear on the kiai. Your intention of the notes is "Emphasize vocal first. If there is no vocal, just put jumps for the guitars". But you know that the vocals much much more worth to be emphasized than the consistent/quiet guitars. This map is doing the opposite. The notes for the vocals are really easy to hit and is much less intense than the guitar jumps. I don't get what makes it fit the music, other than that it makes the map overall harder.
* There are some parts that have strong drums as well, in example, 01:10:891 (1,2,3,4,5) - . But there is literally no difference than guitar-only jumps so this is like the drums are just ignored, because you would have put jumps there anyway even if there were no drums.
* To be more specific, there are stronger sounds and weaker sounds on a same pattern. For example in 01:09:954 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - , there are drums on 01:09:954 - 01:10:110 - 01:10:422 - 01:10:735 - and others are not. So does your pattern indicate it in any ways? I don't think so.

In short, this map lacks structure and needs more logical reasons behind the patterns, not just following the atmosphere you felt.

[Akitoshi's Insane]
* I can bear the sv on the kiai. But other parts have too slow sliders. What problems this cause is that on those sliders, players have to literally just stop there, which interrupts the flow a lot. If the spacing was respectively small as well, it wouldn't be much of a problem. But this map has them like "Move fast on the circles, and just stop at the sliders" white the song is rather consistent. The length of the sliders on the slowest parts are also hard to discriminate because they're way too short so they don't intuitively be recognized by their length.
Other than that it's a good diff.

[Hard]
* 01:06:204 (1,2) - Why is this a larger spacing than 01:06:672 (2,3) - ?
* 01:13:704 (1,2) - 01:21:204 (1,2) - ^
* 01:55:891 (3) - This needs another emphasis too, more than 01:54:954 (1,2) -

You have a good sense on flow, but I expect you to put something more than that in your map in the future. That said, I'll not be the one who qualifies this. Hope you can improve your map further!

Also an irrelevant comment: Why did you just delete this map even without checking the mod? You literally wasted my time lol
Akitoshi
@Doyak I mapped with slow SV since I heard the song itself feels so slow, and I believe that all harder diff needs faster SV imo xd
and unusual style makes ppl makes funnier to play I think.
Doyak
Yes, it is slow. But the spacing doesn't seem to be a slow song lol, only the sv is. This is what I meant. The overall spacing is still jumpy but only the sliders are too slow, and therefore has these issues I wrote.
Topic Starter
Janpai

Doyak wrote:

I had some discussion with timing-expert BNs and here are the conclusions.

1. This song is in 6/8 meter and in this case, musically, an eighth note is not considered as 1 beat. Instead, 3 of them is considered to be a 1 beat, and it acts similar as 2/4 meter.

So theoretically this song should be in 64bpm and those 1/1 beats in the current map should be snapped at 1/3s, and 1/2 beats at 1/6s and etc.

2. HOWEVER, there is a part that uses 1/3 snaps with the current bpm, which will be changed to 1/9 snaps if we use the correct bpm. And this doesn't exist in osu! editor, so we can't do this. So keeping the current bpm(192) is the only option.

3. But there's still one thing that needs to be changed. The meter should be changed to 6/4 to keep the length of a measure correct. In other words, 00:12:766 - is not a downbeat, but just the middle beat on a measure. You can hear 00:11:829 - and 00:12:766 - has different drums, and this is not right. :arrow: changed the metronome to 6/4

I don't agree with some things of the map, so here we go.

[Misery]
* The whole map is filled with random jumps. Yes I know that there are consistent 1/2 guitar sounds(I'll just use 192bpm) in the entire song, but they're really not dominant and don't sound strong at all. You're literally using jumps everywhere if there is no vocal or other strong instruments. :arrow: Tbh when I map this I just consider the drums and never followed any vocals and I just put jumps whenever there are drums xD
* Also there is not much of structure on the jumps. I only see them pretty randomly placed. 00:11:829 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - What is this shape? 00:24:954 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - 00:58:704 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - etc. I can basically ask you the same thing for most of the jumps. If you only thought about the flow, I'd say flow is only a very small part of what makes a good map. You need to put more logic into your map, like why this note is here and how this is related to other notes' coordination and etc. :arrow: I agree that jumps are not that structured but I think it's plays a little bit okay and not that difficult to read, but I revert that thing into sliders cuz the "weak guitar" thingy you said and I didn't remove the jumps at the drum parts
* What seems very strange about those jumps is very clear on the kiai. Your intention of the notes is "Emphasize vocal first. If there is no vocal, just put jumps for the guitars". But you know that the vocals much much more worth to be emphasized than the consistent/quiet guitars. This map is doing the opposite. The notes for the vocals are really easy to hit and is much less intense than the guitar jumps. I don't get what makes it fit the music, other than that it makes the map overall harder. :arrow: I made some of the parts into slider to reduce the density and I'm really clueless what to do I'm sorry I'm not really good at this xD
* There are some parts that have strong drums as well, in example, 01:10:891 (1,2,3,4,5) - . But there is literally no difference than guitar-only jumps so this is like the drums are just ignored, because you would have put jumps there anyway even if there were no drums.
* To be more specific, there are stronger sounds and weaker sounds on a same pattern. For example in 01:09:954 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - , there are drums on 01:09:954 - 01:10:110 - 01:10:422 - 01:10:735 - and others are not. So does your pattern indicate it in any ways? I don't think so.

In short, this map lacks structure and needs more logical reasons behind the patterns, not just following the atmosphere you felt.

[Hard]
* 01:06:204 (1,2) - Why is this a larger spacing than 01:06:672 (2,3) - ? :arrow: If you've observe, I've been alternating the jumps on the whistles and claps and also vocal there is kinda lows down the tone
* 01:13:704 (1,2) - 01:21:204 (1,2) - ^ :arrow: the other one if vocal and the other one is drums
* 01:55:891 (3) - This needs another emphasis too, more than 01:54:954 (1,2) - :arrow: spaced it out

You have a good sense on flow, but I expect you to put something more than that in your map in the future. That said, I'll not be the one who qualifies this. Hope you can improve your map further! :arrow: this is a big help for me tbh xD

Also an irrelevant comment: Why did you just delete this map even without checking the mod? You literally wasted my time lol :arrow: I just feel demotivated to push the map by that time, I'm really sorry for that xD
Thank you very much Doyak! Popping the bubble cuz of timing change
HappyRocket88
Greetings! I was told to give a look of the highest difficulty! >w< Here I go!

[Misery] Wao wao wao! I'm really impressed with the transitions that the overall patterns make leading into intuitive and catchy motions thanks to the sense of flow you've mapped with this map. I don't really know if there's any purpose behind them but I do can tell they fit the song! \(>w<)/ However, I have some few concerns I'd like to point out to see whether they can improve the fact they're meaningless for Doyak. ;w;

1. 00:12:766 (1,2) - Lowering the distance snap here doesn't look bad but for consistent purposes, would it be better if they have large spacing as it's done along the whole map? :o
  2. 00:24:954 (1,2) - I liked how this broke the stack-consistency you managed with the drums over the previous patterns but personally saying, it feels somewhat weird to move the cursor so harshly due to the motion these two circle create. The way I see things, it would suit better if you stacked them as well as you've been doing before. Then, players would get more aware of the structure if you decided to keep it here too. :3
  3. 00:30:579 (1,2,3,1) - I'm not really sure if changing the transition of the rhythm here with this 00:31:516 (1) - is a good idea. The reason I say that is because I don't really think breaking the 1/1 chain of sliders fits well the mapset since it switches so suddenly to this 1/2 burst of rhythm. It would feel more natural if you could change it for this https://mingi.s-ul.eu/THvW79TS instead so the transition of rhythm will feel way more perceptive. Try it! :3
  4. 00:35:735 (3,1) - This spacing could be reduced as well. /u\ It's way too much for spacing on 5.54x when the next pattern lowers it to 4.16x
  5. 00:52:766 (3,4) - This is only a suggestion but I think this could fit better if you changed it for a 1/2 slider instead as long as this doesn't follow the drum-drum pattern you followed just before.
I don't have a lot of complains regarding the jumps. /o\ Maybe some of them can be nerfed as long as they don't belong to the drum-emphasis the song offers like 01:28:079 (2,3,4,5) - 01:39:329 (2,3,4,5) - etc! Best of success with this! >w<
Topic Starter
Janpai

HappyRocket88 wrote:

Greetings! I was told to give a look of the highest difficulty! >w< Here I go!

[Misery] Wao wao wao! I'm really impressed with the transitions that the overall patterns make leading into intuitive and catchy motions thanks to the sense of flow you've mapped with this map. I don't really know if there's any purpose behind them but I do can tell they fit the song! \(>w<)/ However, I have some few concerns I'd like to point out to see whether they can improve the fact they're meaningless for Doyak. ;w;

1. 00:12:766 (1,2) - Lowering the distance snap here doesn't look bad but for consistent purposes, would it be better if they have large spacing as it's done along the whole map? :o :arrow: Made the spacing more wide xD
  2. 00:24:954 (1,2) - I liked how this broke the stack-consistency you managed with the drums over the previous patterns but personally saying, it feels somewhat weird to move the cursor so harshly due to the motion these two circle create. The way I see things, it would suit better if you stacked them as well as you've been doing before. Then, players would get more aware of the structure if you decided to keep it here too. :3 :arrow: okay but idk if I did right xD
  3. 00:30:579 (1,2,3,1) - I'm not really sure if changing the transition of the rhythm here with this 00:31:516 (1) - is a good idea. The reason I say that is because I don't really think breaking the 1/1 chain of sliders fits well the mapset since it switches so suddenly to this 1/2 burst of rhythm. It would feel more natural if you could change it for this https://mingi.s-ul.eu/THvW79TS instead so the transition of rhythm will feel way more perceptive. Try it! :3 :arrow: Did something about it
  4. 00:35:735 (3,1) - This spacing could be reduced as well. /u\ It's way too much for spacing on 5.54x when the next pattern lowers it to 4.16x :arrow: Nerfed
  5. 00:52:766 (3,4) - This is only a suggestion but I think this could fit better if you changed it for a 1/2 slider instead as long as this doesn't follow the drum-drum pattern you followed just before. :arrow: sure
I don't have a lot of complains regarding the jumps. /o\ Maybe some of them can be nerfed as long as they don't belong to the drum-emphasis the song offers like 01:28:079 (2,3,4,5) - 01:39:329 (2,3,4,5) - etc! Best of success with this! >w<
Many thanks Rocket =w=! I also nerf some spacings in the chorus and outro but I will ask for more opinions about the last diff xD
Chaoslitz
m4m (sorry for late mod)

[General]
  1. metadata prove?
[Normal]
  1. 00:56:829 (1) - Put more emphasize on start of kiai? (Using 2/1 slider doesn't really emphasize the vocal on chrous imo)
  2. 01:11:829 (1) - ^
[Hard]
  1. 00:54:954 (1,2,1) - The rhythm used should be denser than in Normal diff
[Akitoshi's Insane]
  1. 01:34:329 - Missing Finish

Nice mapset :0 can only point out some minors issues, call me for rebub
Topic Starter
Janpai

Chaoslitz wrote:

m4m (sorry for late mod)

[General]
  1. metadata prove? :arrow: It's on the description :D
[Normal]
  1. 00:56:829 (1) - Put more emphasize on start of kiai? (Using 2/1 slider doesn't really emphasize the vocal on chrous imo)
  2. 01:11:829 (1) - ^ :arrow: Fixed both
[Hard]
  1. 00:54:954 (1,2,1) - The rhythm used should be denser than in Normal diff :arrow: I think it's fine since this is calm
[Akitoshi's Insane]
  1. 01:34:329 - Missing Finish :arrow: fixed for akitoshi xD

Nice mapset :0 can only point out some minors issues, call me for rebub
Thank you so much! updated
Chaoslitz
looks fine now

Bubbled!
Pentori
recheck

turn off widescreen support on aki's diff
also now that you've nerfed misery a lot you should change these od values too because they're not suitable
insane: od 7-7.5
misery: od 8-8.5

poke me when ur done
Topic Starter
Janpai

Pentori wrote:

recheck

turn off widescreen support on aki's diff
also now that you've nerfed misery a lot you should change these od values too because they're not suitable
insane: od 7-7.5
misery: od 8-8.5

poke me when ur done
fixed all and I fixed it for Aki. sorry if I made sth wrong T^T updated
Pentori
qualified!
meii18
Congratz Janpai!! :3
Topic Starter
Janpai
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
thank you very much pentori <3 and for all the people who helped me in this map and akitoshi for the insane gd xD
Tifa
ooo :)
Akitoshi
wow gratz! :)
Narcissu
gratz!

domSaur

Janpai wrote:

Congatulations◉ω◉
wajinshu
Finally, congrats!
_DT3
Gratzzzzz
Dailycare
!
Sotarks
CONGRATZ KOHAI-CHAN :3
IamKwaN
would you mind telling me where exactly the wording "澤野弘之 feat. 小林未郁" appears?
HappyRocket88
Congrokolations! :3
Topic Starter
Janpai

IamKwaN wrote:

Idk xd ByBy handled it before and she said to me after that post it is just the same as https://osu.ppy.sh/s/310717
Ozato Fumika
gratz :3 hope the metadata thing goes well.
Shmiklak
grats
HabiHolic
Congratz!
Topic Starter
Janpai
Aww (*^﹏^*) thank you very much to all of you !
meii18

IamKwaN wrote:

Because the soundtrack is originally made by Hiroyuki Sawano.Moreover, Mika Kobayashi is like a featuring of the soundtrack.I even saw that Mika said on her official website that she collabed with Hiroyuki Sawano http://puu.sh/rzCTh/42577bf7e9.jpg *she says something about that Hiroyuki Sawano was letting her to participate as vocal*.I though it is like Kill la Kill OST 'Before My Body Is Dry'.The album was originally posted on Hiroyuki Sawano's official website
http://puu.sh/rzD9h/856bd8b1a8.jpg.That's all I can say.
IamKwaN
in other words, there is nowhere exactly stating current artist?
Yuii-
Went through the websites ByBy mentioned and I gotta agree with her, there's nothing that establishes the current artist other than his webpage.

EDIT: Had a conversation with KwaN, we agreed that "Mika Kobayashi" should be the artist instead as she is the singer, and considered as the main artist for metadata.
IamKwaN
The booklet of the original soundtrack shows specifically that the vocal of this song is by Mika Kobayashi. You may wonder, circle name or alias of CD (e.g. FELT) as the artist is the routine practice for doujin works in this game. However in this case, Hiroyuki Sawano is not a circle, the only leftover is the vocalist.

Unless we are short of information, self-interpreted artist such as combining two artists using "feat." is not acceptable.

Please fix the artist as follows:

Unicode Artist: 小林未郁
Romanised Artist: Mika Kobayashi

http://i.imgur.com/tU2TOAi.jpg

Poke me if you have done fixing the above through forum pm, I am glad to move your map forward again.
meii18
Seems like the current one before my check was fine.I am sorry for giving you wrong metadata.
show more