forum

How did you learn HD+HR?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
repr1se
Did you start with HR and HD simultaneously but separately? Learned one mod exclusively then used the other? Said "fuck it" and did both at the same time?
rekhichem
k so I am not a hr/hdhr plyer (yet ?) so I don't know if this will help you out but for me hdhr and hr are almost the same , I do play hr only most of the time these days to train it , once I get used to the map with hr I just add hd and it feels totaly natural as if nothing happned.
Also I asked a 7k pp random hdhr player guy and he told me : " If you want to learn hr/hdhr just play enything you find with hr/hdhr and you will be better at it , you won't feel the improuvement part and it will be fun" or something like that x).
chainpullz
Started out playing just HR but wouldn't say I had learned HR completely before I tossed HD on. They play pretty differently tbh. HD makes the AR feel like .2 or .3 lower but the map also becomes more difficult to read/aim. HR on the other hand is easier to read/aim assuming you are comfortable with the AR.

Similarly HDHR feels way different than AR9 (or lower) HD. The issue being that somewhere between ar9 and ar10 you are crossing the line and heading to a different extreme (low ar obviously enforcing extreme density). On one side you have plenty of time to decipher what is going on for each pattern but you have to be able to untangle the various patterns that are all on the screen at once. On the other side you have both very little time and information to decipher what might be a very complex pattern.

Essentially only playing one of the two mods will cause the skill you build to be in areas that are somewhat unrelated to the areas that are stressed by playing both of the mods at once.
[Haku]
I started playing HD evrytime to the point that I never play without it, and that way before even thinking about HR. So I naturally added HR after that.
For the training part, I had trouble with the CS, and just by trying to beat some friends, I retried a lot the same songs and I get used to without thinking about it.
But it's all personal and I don't necessarily recommend doing that to everyone.
[Haku]

chainpullz wrote:

Started out playing just HR but wouldn't say I had learned HR completely before I tossed HD on. They play pretty differently tbh. HD makes the AR feel like .2 or .3 lower but the map also becomes more difficult to read/aim. HR on the other hand is easier to read/aim assuming you are comfortable with the AR.
Personally I always feel HD is easier to aim/read and HR harder ('cause of AR but mostly of CS), since HD clean up the screen of all that you don't need to see. I guess s it depend of people.
rekhichem

[Haku] wrote:

chainpullz wrote:

Personally I always feel HD is easier to aim/read and HR harder ('cause of AR but mostly of CS), since HD clean up the screen of all that you don't need to see. I guess s it depend of people.
well it really depends xd for me HDHR is easier than nomod ar 9.x + HD ,but I geuss that I suck lol :D .
Topic Starter
repr1se

chainpullz wrote:

Similarly HDHR feels way different than AR9 (or lower) HD. The issue being that somewhere between ar9 and ar10 you are crossing the line and heading to a different extreme (low ar obviously enforcing extreme density). On one side you have plenty of time to decipher what is going on for each pattern but you have to be able to untangle the various patterns that are all on the screen at once. On the other side you have both very little time and information to decipher what might be a very complex pattern.

Essentially only playing one of the two mods will cause the skill you build to be in areas that are somewhat unrelated to the areas that are stressed by playing both of the mods at once.
That's fair. I've been trying HR for a while. It has helped my accuracy but AR10 is something I struggle with when there's a high note density. Doing 4 star HR has been helping. I've also been doing them separately as well. For now, HD is easier than HR, but that could change!

rekhichem wrote:

k so I am not a hr/hdhr plyer (yet ?) so I don't know if this will help you out but for me hdhr and hr are almost the same , I do play hr only most of the time these days to train it , once I get used to the map with hr I just add hd and it feels totaly natural as if nothing happned.
Also I asked a 7k pp random hdhr player guy and he told me : " If you want to learn hr/hdhr just play enything you find with hr/hdhr and you will be better at it , you won't feel the improuvement part and it will be fun" or something like that x).
Yeah this is something I've been doing as well. Thanks for the tip!
ilovehaikyuu_old
idk i just play those beatmaps w hd + hr and i did it idk why

play more
KupcaH

ilovehaikyuu wrote:

idk i just play those beatmaps w hd + hr and i did it idk why
Pro. Teach us, noobs, how to play.
Risa
^ but he's alr banned lol
KupcaH
His skills were too amazing.
Drezi
I for one started playing with HR only, until I stopped failing maps with it lol. Then added HD and been playing them together ever since. I don't think it matters too much how you approach it tbh, learning regular HD (with AR9ish maps) is most certainly not a prerequisite, and is actually significantly harder than using HD with AR10.