forum

Area gui for tablets

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Caaarrrlll-Sama
If there is a topic with this already I am sorry but I couldn't find one ...

I have the osu! tablet and I have a problem setting the active area cause ingame you have to guess how big the area is and if you download the Huion 420 software you can set it BUT it doesn't have scaling options or coordinates (the software is sort of shitty in my opinion because it lacks a lot of features).

So my suggestion is to add a option for setting the active area ingame with the use of a gui, and also add an option to keep the ratio the same as the screens and to centre the active area.

For example if I make my active area 1/2 the size of the tablet it will be half the size of the tablet BUT the exact ratio of my screen (the ratio must also be an optional setting like a check-able thing cause I know not everyone plays on the same ratio as their screen) and the centring option is just nice for people that like playing in the centre of the tablet (don't know if there are more people like that but I like it cause I have a small tablet :) ).

Ps. The main reason I am suggesting this is because the Huion software is causing a jittery effect in my osu! after setting the active area and i think it's because of the ratio not being right (the dragging options in the software don't work like you would expect) and this is a problem cause I have a 16:10 ratio screen

If anyone has any questions about this or didn't understand something please feel free to ask and I will try my best to clarify :)

Edit : The Jitter was caused by a setting in the tablet software that causes snapping to certain points Q_Q so I fixed that but I think this could still be a good feature.
Endaris
Did you try to change the area via altering the mouse sensitivity?
You can scale your area that way if you don't use the Huion Software.
Bara-
But afaik you're not supposed to use the drivers when you have the osu!tablet
Instead, enable raw input and change sensitivity in-game
Outline

Bara- wrote:

But afaik you're not supposed to use the drivers when you have the osu!tablet
Instead, enable raw input and change sensitivity in-game

It works fine with me.

Caaarrrlll-Sama wrote:

*snip*

I don't believe the area matters for the osu tablet, as you get used to whatever movements you have to do on it.
Topic Starter
Caaarrrlll-Sama
The point is to have a more reliable method of getting the active area to a set standard than just changing the in-game sense because setting an active area in the software keeps it constant, where if you change it using the sense only and then switch to a new screen (i.e. Getting a bigger/smaller screen) you would need to find a new sense to have the same feel.

Outline wrote:

I don't believe the area matters for the osu tablet, as you get used to whatever movements you have to do on it.
It does matter albeit not really that much (this coming from the coding background on how games process movements) if the ratio is not set the same as your screens' the computer has to do calculations in order to pinpoint the "exact" spot where your pen/mouse stops (that's why mouse acceleration can be "disabled" via the raw input setting) and because the computer has to do the calculation it causes input delay and inconsistent results because of the fractions being rounded.

That's also why I stated the centring option alongside the "lock ratio" option, because if you can keep your ratio the same and centre your active area exactly you will eliminate MOST of the calculations your PC has to do before actually interpreting your actions on the tab.
Seijiro
Don't double post just for quoting, please.
You can quote inside your reply by using the button in the message editor or by hovering the message you want to quote (always while editing your post)
Feelteeth
I have an XP Pen Star G430 (which is designed for osu!, just like Huion 420). It has aspect ratio scaler in its software but, doesn't work well when full area is active. For some reason, .exe file of the software is not editable. Reverts changes and duplicates the tablet if you try. All changes will be lost for active area also. We need support for 16:10. My eyes are used to this ratio.