forum

[duplicate] osu! Campaign Mode!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
fatlooser
I was thinking maybe there could be an osu! campaign mode. Maybe you could 1v1 bots to progress in the game and earn points if you win that you could spend on new areas to got to that unlock new bots or some kind of cosmetics. As you progress, the game will get harder and you have to have at least a certain amount of accuracy or score.

I know, kind of a shitty idea, i just thought it was kind of cool.
Pawsu
Well, I don't know about the bot idea, because it seems a little flawed, but the "nonstop" idea has already been requested before as seen here.

Don't personally see a reason to add bots into the idea.
Zafufu
I think the mode would only work if Osu! had some set default maps for it (not ones you can delete.) And honestly, Osu! is more of a community game, so I don't think the campaign would get very far since it wouldn't involve ranking boards or any online interaction. I also don't see what could be unlocked when we can download any map or skin we want anyway (though achievements may work.)

To put my opinion overall, the idea of a mode for unlocking items just wouldn't work in a game that has most of its content created by the community.
Reha
-
Topic Starter
fatlooser

Zafufu wrote:

I think the mode would only work if Osu! had some set default maps for it (not ones you can delete.) And honestly, Osu! is more of a community game, so I don't think the campaign would get very far since it wouldn't involve ranking boards or any online interaction. I also don't see what could be unlocked when we can download any map or skin we want anyway (though achievements may work.)

To put my opinion overall, the idea of a mode for unlocking items just wouldn't work in a game that has most of its content created by the community.
I ment like when you press the big osu! button you could go to play then click campaign mode
Seijiro
Idk... your request is a lot similar to t/146634/start=0&&hilit=story+mode , even if it's not exactly the same (there are bots and progression tho) and a more general idea of unlockables with levels has already been requested.

Anyway, I see it as impossible since osu! has no story at all to support a campaign of any sort. This is not a FPS :p
Topic Starter
fatlooser
i was not really thinking a story line, just more of something like clicker heroes but instead you play osu! beatmaps to win and the upgrades are different