forum

Co-op of Relax and Autopilot [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ricket
I've tried searching but I don't see anyone suggest this so...

I was thinking that perhaps in Multiplayer Co-op mode, maybe we can have some players playing as Relax and Autopilot mod? So let's say A and B are playing together, A will only move the mouse, and B will do only clicking. It'll be pretty interesting how in sync the two people are and it can let people play harder maps when they're not up to that skill level yet.

I'm not sure if it's how do-able it is though...

[Anyway, I was also thinking that Multiplayer can have "optional" mods for individuals, like A plays without mods but B plays with Hard Rock. But I'm not really so supportive about this idea because it would defeat the purpose of Multiplayer and I don't know if it would be fair for B to get a higher score, although this would be useful for cases when more skilled players are playing with less skilled ones.]
Gabi
I believe both your ideas has been requested before.

The first idea is probably not possible to implement due to latency. (allthough i have no idea if you can do a rollback to sort that out)

Second idea viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17587&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=multiplayer+mods
blissfulyoshi
Regarding the first idea, you could potentially just have one person hit his mouse/keyboard/tablet to the music and have one person move his cursor to the note and just calculate later if the mouse was at the right position at the right time for the input to register. (as Gabi said, a direct implementation cannot be done because of latency)

Still, this is quite boring imo. Basically you reduced this to a 1 button rhythm game for one person and a move the cursor to the next spot for the other person. That is the way I see it, if you can justify it otherwise, go ahead. For now, no support.
Kitsunemimi

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Still, this is quite boring imo. Basically you reduced this to a 1 button rhythm game for one person and a move the cursor to the next spot for the other person. That is the way I see it, if you can justify it otherwise, go ahead. For now, no support.
I actually think this would be a really good idea. I mean, even if it is reducing it down to a 1 button game/move cursor thing, that's essentially the function of Autopilot/Relax? Except instead, you're playing with your bestest osu! buddy who happens to be noob like you, who can't stuff of [Insane] difficulties. It's taking those two mods to the next level and is a whole lot better than playing with yourself... really. So support from me; although it'll be difficult to implement, it could be really fun.
rust45
Tip for local players who have real friends. Give one person the mouse and the other the keyboard.

IT'S SO INNOVATIVE!!!!
Topic Starter
Ricket
I do agree that it would be boring if both players were capable of playing the map themselves, but some people do play hard maps which they aren't able to play due to lack of skill with the Relax or Autopilot mod. So now it's just like finding their so-called "other half" in the Multiplayer to achieve something they couldn't before. :)

I did consider about the problem about latency which is why I said I didn't know how feasible it is.

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Regarding the first idea, you could potentially just have one person hit his mouse/keyboard/tablet to the music and have one person move his cursor to the note and just calculate later if the mouse was at the right position at the right time for the input to register. (as Gabi said, a direct implementation cannot be done because of latency)
If this was done maybe there can also be an option to watch the whole "playthrough" again at the end of the game (if they want to, that is), with both the cursor movement and the hitting. Again, I don't know how feasible it is.

Maybe this would be a pretty boring idea for players who can already play almost every difficulty of every map but I'm honestly thinking that other newer players would appreciate it.
RandomJibberish
Why don't new players just play the high quality, full length easy diffs present on every map?

OH WAIT
Topic Starter
Ricket

RandomJibberish wrote:

Why don't new players just play the high quality, full length easy diffs present on every map?
It gets dull. :(
RandomJibberish
If your easy diff is dull for a newb you're doing it wrong or they should be playing normal

not like most maps have proper easies anwyay though
Topic Starter
Ricket
Nevertheless, it's rather interesting to try out new and harder difficulties, especially if you like a certain song a lot and you can only play in normal or something because hard is too difficult and there's nothing in between. I love playing all the insane songs (which I probably can't pass anytime near) with relax mod and hearing the complicated deathstream hitsounds.

I mean, wasn't that the purpose of the two mods anyway?
RandomJibberish
I'm not particularly disagreeing with this request, I just found an excuse to troll the spread of most recent maps lol
Topic Starter
Ricket
orz