forum

CtB players can play osu! standard, shut up already.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Sean]
Yet another pointless argument in #osu about whether or not a CtB player chose to play CtB because they suck at osu! standard. Lasted about 35 minutes until I got pushed over the edge, did a run on one of my favorite maps, and recorded it.

So, without further a due, enjoy.

Sound quality IS terrible, because of the fact that my Realtek HD Audio drivers, like to boost the Stereo Mix recording through the roof. That's two notches from being muted, two freaking notches.... That's like, 2mm from being muted... Oh well.

Note: I just uploaded it, but max quality should be 720p, so don't bitch at me, blame YouTube.
dNextGen
?
Drafura
?
Mastodonio
It doesn't matter if you play osu standart,or taiko,or ctb - they all are not so easy to play. I heard such things about ctb too,but I hear such words only from noobs,who sit every day in osu channel and talk crap about everything around (I didn't mean all people in osu channel). So,it doesn't matter,what do you prefer - and there is no point to prove your osu skills,because that people are not worthy to see it ;)
P.S. I didn't want to hurt someone's feelings xD I just say what I think about it.
h3k1ru

[Sean] wrote:

player chose to play CtB because they suck at osu! standard.
Topic Starter
[Sean]

h3k1ru wrote:

[Sean] wrote:

player chose to play CtB because they suck at osu! standard.

Giorgos wrote:

So,it doesn't matter,what do you prefer - and there is no point to prove your osu skills,because that people are not worthy to see it ;)
It's idiots like these that are so up them selves to realize anything. I'd point out that Mikhe, the current top CtB player, is quite good at both CtB and osu! standard. But wankers like this can't see the facts, and only believe in what they perceive as the truth. Small minds produce low intellect.
Kitsunemimi
I can tell you right now that this thread won't lead to anything good. But you know what, there's not much I can do about it other than not actually posting here (too late). However, I suggest that you people actually remain calm about this, because it's almost so damn easy for something like this to get out of hand.

Also, I play both CtB and standard too, but that's all I'll say right now.
Topic Starter
[Sean]
The whole topic about "Which mode is best" comes back to this very same thing. Whether or not taking it out of context, or taking it too far, is not the point (It probably is). It's the fact that I've been playing CtB full on compared to osu! standard now for about 7-8 months, and I put up with the fights after saying something in chat to someone, and doing a /np for the sake of telling them to play it.

The second "(Catch the Beat)" is spotted on the end of a song, the arguments start.
Zekira
The whole topic about "Which mode is best"
Where?

The only argument I actually hear is about whether or not CtB is a rhythm game or not, but that's pretty much it. I don't really notice any discrimination between the modes...
eru
some ctb players are used to be a standard player, like me lol
James2250
Probably a bad idea to make a thread every time a stupid convo happens in #osu~
Weez
Not all CtB players can play standard. I know people that are down right horrible at standard (so much that it's funny). But that also goes for people on standard, they can be terrible at CtB. Its all about what you want to play and what you like to play. Anyone thats makes stupid ass arguments like "CtB is the best" "No Taiko" "FUCK YOU No standard is the real game" are just idiots that really haven't played much of the other modes :/
Lunah_old
Hiyorin

Weezy wrote:

But that also goes for people on standard, they can be terrible at CtB.
ikr? There are so many songs I can fc in standard but actually fail on ctb.. I find jumps in ctb ridiculously hard
intermu
butthurt much
GladiOol
u jelly?

I thought mikhe was biggest CTB jelly.
I guess not ): sorry mikhe! [Sean] is my favorite now (:
dNextGen

GladiOol wrote:

u jelly?

lol you win gladi
Krzysiek
First: straight on topic, I wanna say that neither osu! nor Taiko/CtB are serious business (no money involved and not much fame).
Second: games are meant to be played and enjoyed. If you're frustrated with playing, you should reconsider playing osu!, it's unhealthy.
Third: the difficulty of being the best in the game is roughly proportional to number of rivals. osu! player count is superior to Taiko/CtB.
Fourth: amount of actions and its difficulty needed to complete the same map on all three modes makes CtB the easiest mode for most players.
KRZY
Do I win yet

Lybydose
one of my TWO ctb FCs (the other is that SS a few songs up)

flashlight of course
Ibuki Suika

Lybydose wrote:

one of my TWO ctb FCs

flashlight of course
:?

OMFG.........

FL Master............
Shana
so what?
Shana

Lybydose wrote:

one of my TWO ctb FCs (the other is that SS a few songs up)

flashlight of course
fucking awesome
Jarby

[Sean] wrote:

without further a due
Fabi
This thread is shitty and useless, why would you prove something stupid like that?.

You mad without further a due.
Jarby
I take every opportunity to post shitty and useless Marina images of course. In addition to that, the error did bother me more than it should have. Er...

Fabi
Oh Jarby <3 my bad, I was pointing my reply to [Sean].
Jarby

Ever17 wrote:

Oh Jarby <3 my bad, I was pointing my reply to [Sean].
The fact that it could easily be read as a response to my post is reason enough for me to attempt to justify my actions.
Glass

GladiOol wrote:

u jelly?

trololo

using No Fail and getting a B on that easy map isn't really a good "proof" imo, but of course some CtB players are also good(subjective) at standard. This is yet another pointless topic that should've stayed in #osu in the first place
Atelier Nugra
errr.. what ?
OzzyOzrock
GUYS, TAIKO PLAYERS CAN PLAY CATCH THE BEAT AND OTHER GAMES. LOOK I HAVE PROOF.

YEAH, WHAT NOW? DIRECT PROOF. SHUT UP ALREADY.

ShaggoN
Gosh, what a thread. o.o
If i listened to every stupid person i would end in room with soft walls. :lol:
So instead of posting thread like this just try to calm down, and play what you want to play.
Vish024
This is a really unnecessary thread which doesn't settle anything and this itself is a really unnecessary post which points out the obvious.
Blaziken

FruitTingles wrote:

Weezy wrote:

But that also goes for people on standard, they can be terrible at CtB.
ikr? There are so many songs I can fc in standard but actually fail on ctb.. I find jumps in ctb ridiculously hard
I can agree with the jumps being hard :D
Mashley
I think the point people are trying to make is that, for the most part, CTB is much easier then osu!. But you should play what you enjoy; osu! is easier than cutting off your own arms, doesn't make it a worse thing to do.
lolcubes
That necro wasn't necessary.
Locked.