forum

[duplicate] Multi key tapping

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Raesor
Ok, apology in advance if this is a repeat, I searched the other tabs a little bit but haven't found this idea so I hope it's a good one.

I was thinking of how it would be cool if we could bind more than just two keys at a time to tapping. Of course this would make the game easier in some areas, such as high bpm streams, or even streams on DT, so I was thinking at the very least, this would be a good difficulty reducing mod, where it allows you to use 1-2 extra keys that you have bound specifically for use only when this mod is enabled.

However I'm not sure whether I want to suggest it as a mod, or as a normal feature, because while having more keys makes for faster tapping, for many people, myself included, it would make it easier for them to stay in rhythm. For me, I find it a lot easier to keep to the rhythm with my ring, middle, and index finger. Am I just weird, or does anyone else agree? Is this a balanced idea, or is it too op, and should instead be best added as a mod?
Endaris
The game is not designed to be played with more fingers. 2 per hand max with keylocking between hands.
I guess it may be entertaining as a mod but there's no way this will ever make it into regular gameplay.
Sandy Hoey

Endaris wrote:

The game is not designed to be played with more fingers. 2 per hand max with keylocking between hands.
I guess it may be entertaining as a mod but there's no way this will ever make it into regular gameplay.
I honestly don't see it being added as a mod either. It just doesn't really add anything to the game
Pawsu
This would be missing the entire point of the game?
This got denied here.
Bara-
Just learn to stream

Also, Quib, you made my day
Nathanael
There might be no more fun if we had three or more keys for tapping. A duplicate anyway.
Topic Starter
Raesor
Oh, sorry for the repost then - I didn't look as far back as 5 years ago :3 . Also the streams aren't really a problem unless its like 1/4 beats at 200 bpm.. that's a bit over board lol.
I guess this is just one of the disadvantages pen players have to take when they switch from mouse - with mouse, you can use the 2 mouse buttons and the two keys on the keyboard. On a pen, you can't really click, otherwise you have to press the keys on the side of the pen, which is basically impossible to do without moving the pen too much, causing a fault, or you have to tap down on the tablet, causing a slight movement as well.