forum

[invalid] In edit mode: option to delete all notes up to a point

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +1
Topic Starter
Mio Winter
When wanting to practice certain parts of a map, I can go into edit mode and practice from there. But this doesn't allow me to play with certain mods (especially half-time is usefwl for practicing), and edit mode is laggier than playing mode, so it's problematic for humans with poor computers.

My current solution to this is to delete all notes before the part I want to practice, and then save it as a new difficulty and go into play mode and play it with the mods I want to use. But deleting all notes previous to a set point is a lot of work, especially for long beatmaps, so I almost never use this solution. It would be great if it could be done with a single click. : )

I'm not a mapper so I don't know if it would be usefwl for them, but it certainly wouldn't make it more difficult to map songs.

Tags: Practice mode, editor

Edit: Did you know that you can select whole parts of song by clicking on the timeline and dragging? Neat feature, I know! (Yes, this sort of makes my suggestion obsolete. (You can mark it as invalid.))
Seijiro
Umh... for mappers it won't really change much, since what's important is placing objects rather than deleting them (but someone may have the need to, who knows), but players could actually profit from it I guess. It's not a bad idea imo.

(I hope you know you can select whole parts of the map by dragging on the timeline already, even if this request might be handy anyway)
Monstrata
Just highlight on timeline.
Lacrimosa
It could be something similar to how selecting files with Shift works. I agree that this would be really helpful since highlighting the notes on the timeline takes a while (especially if the part you want to practice is near the end of the map and the map is too long) and it's not that convenient.
Endaris
The speed of the selection scales with how far to the left/right you move your cursor. I don't have a problem marking an entire song within 1 second.
And it's faster from start to end if using fullscreen.
Topic Starter
Mio Winter

MrSergio wrote:

(I hope you know you can select whole parts of the map by dragging on the timeline already, even if this request might be handy anyway)
0o

*tests*

Thanks! You're awesome!
Bara-
Go to the end of the part you want to practice
Click on the bar at the top, hold the mouse click and tap 'v'
Then press delete
Do the same with the parts before the certain part, but tap 'z'
Topic Starter
Mio Winter

Bara- wrote:

Go to the end of the part you want to practice