forum

osu! web updates

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Hi peoples of osu!. Just a little announcement to make you aware of a few improvements around the website which will hopefully make navigation of the forums and other areas a bit easier.

Beatmap Packs are now sorted into categories

(thanks to echo for this one)

Avatars are now visible in the header

Click your avatar to quickly navigate to the change avatar page:

Also added a new placeholder for users without an avatar:

UCP Improvements

Added a huge compose message button on your inbox (it was way too hard to find before):

and made UCP more pretty in general:

Account Standing / Ban Improvements

If you do happen to be banned, you will now know.

Beatmap Listing Filters

Added the ability to filter by maps you have previously played. I have limited the ability to filter by played/unplayed to osu! supporters only, due to the load it causes on the database. If you highly disagree with this move (unplayed filtering used to be available to everyone) then please leave a comment stating why, and we can deal with it from there :).

senaya

peppy wrote:

I have limited the ability to filter by played/unplayed to osu! supporters only, due to the load it causes on the database.
That's nice, I want to be a supporter, but there is no Moldova in the country dropbox. What should I do?
Topic Starter
peppy
You could try entering a nearby country, possibly? I'm not too sure how paypal verifies credit card details...
Claudia_old
Hehe, nice update. I especially like the new 'non-avatar' avatars and seeing mine in the header, as well as a more user-friendly control panel.
0_o
Wasn't sure whether to make a new thread for this or not, but I figured it'd be appropriate: Could the option be added to sort the theme and album packs alphabetically? Makes them a bit easier to look through.

But yeah, awesome updates :)
Cyclone

There's a comma after your last friend online. Does the same thing for me.
Topic Starter
peppy
Shhhh :p
Fabi
Also this!

2 days ago thebesthingever has changed their username to TBTE!, "their" for "his/her" ?
Natteke
Pretty damn sweet!
Sakura
I like the new additions to the website
Good Job!~
Luna
Very nice =)
Though the Account Standing Restrictions (Forum/Bancho/Online Scoring) don't line up horizontally but vertically when using IE (at least for me), which looks kinda awkward.
inb4"get a better browser"
Mostcuz
Very good, thx.
FurukawaPan

peppy wrote:

I have limited the ability to filter by played/unplayed to osu! supporters only, due to the load it causes on the database.
This really stings when my supporter status expired mere days ago.

I primarly select by unplayed maps, and it's been handy for spotting accidentally unpackaged maps (maps that the beatmap pack people somehow missed, and I was able to report a lot of these using the unplayed filter feature.)

At any rate if it's placing a heavy burden on the server I understand the reasoning, and don't mind so much to pay for the feature. Should be renewing my status before long (regardless of whether or not this remains supporter only).
Derekku

Ever17 wrote:

"their" for "his/her" ?
A feature request for a gender option in profiles was requested before but denied, so no. :p
Galkan
Nothing more to say but "Good job, guys" ;-) It looks neater now.
Fabi

Derekku wrote:

Ever17 wrote:

"their" for "his/her" ?
A feature request for a gender option in profiles was requested before but denied, so no. :p
Oh, I see!
My bad ;p

PD: I do like the updates, minors update but pretty good hehe.
Real1
So now I have to become a supporter in order to be able to "grind" properly and fast?
And I just made my comeback too...
I'll try to get supporter status I guess... Though, for a search function it shouldn't be required imo.

Suggestion:
For people with many maps and high plays, it should become available. Maybe have it restrcited for newbies unless they're supporters?
Gens
A little thing that has always been bothering me is that this:

could be pushed some pixels down, leaving it like this:

I believe the user: and pass: boxes were pushed one pixel down so why not these?

Putting that aside, great job peppy.
MrFig
Yes... Veeery Goooooooood
Daru

senaya wrote:

peppy wrote:

That's nice, I want to be a supporter, but there is no Moldova in the country dropbox. What should I do?
Use a prepaid Visa or the like, instead.
show more