forum

Show multiplayer scoreboard when spectating

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +238
show more
YodaSnipe
eh?
Skyara
Is it really that hard to make it ? :o I thought to this idea many times and never understood why it hasn't been added yet :/
-Athena-

Skyara wrote:

Is it really that hard to make it ? :o I thought to this idea many times and never understood why it hasn't been added yet :/
Unfortunately thinking about them and implementing them are 2 different things, if a feature is held back there must be a reason.(perhaps this would cause lag to the players? Or maybe it's too strenuous on the servers?)
Sakura

-A t H e N a- wrote:

Skyara wrote:

Unfortunately thinking about them and implementing them are 2 different things, if a feature is held back there must be a reason.(perhaps this would cause lag to the players? Or maybe it's too strenuous on the servers?)
Or maybe is too low priority to be implemented.
-Athena-
Well I believe +81 though not very high, is pretty significant
Considering the large non-vocal community playing this game, since this feature relates to that general gameplay itself (watching friends play, everyone does it from time to time), I think it may have more support than what we see here.
Though priority ultimately depends on the amount of stars, so you could call my point moot.
Sakura

Derekku wrote:

Getting all of your friends/country players/etc. to post in your thread to support it will not make it any more likely to be added. If it's a bad request, then it's a bad request. If it's low priority, then it's low priority.
Replace "post" with "vote" and voila!

tbh i dont know how high or low of a priority this feature is, but it's another likely scenario.
Gaba

Sakura Hana wrote:

Derekku wrote:

Getting all of your friends/country players/etc. to post in your thread to support it will not make it any more likely to be added. If it's a bad request, then it's a bad request. If it's low priority, then it's low priority.
Replace "post" with "vote" and voila!

tbh i dont know how high or low of a priority this feature is, but it's another likely scenario.
This would totally make sense if this were a bad request.
Tom69_old
I'd love to see this implemented.
ReVeNg3r

Windoffs wrote:

I would like to get multiplayer feature for spectating all players, not just one person. And switch between players by clicking on the nickname in the scoreboard.

it's very usefull feature for streamers, who wants to stream multiplayer games / tournaments
this is the very far future :D
now is ppy working on the new ranking system ,he is alone (i guess) we cannot expect that we get any idea make a request for it, get high priority (stars) and expect from him to implement it right now.we have match history ,it has even not 1 year yet. with it will come
Mercurial
Support without stars.
Kurokami
I don't have star but support.
peppy
i want this to happen so badly.
YodaSnipe
^ eh?

for real?

I don't understand sarcasm, so just be straight :P
peppy
i don't use sarcasm unless i explicitly add tags. it's impossible to gauge on the internet.
halo398
i always wanted this cuz then its like mario kart live
Aoriki
Sounds like a good idea o-o (Support)
Aurele
I support this, even if I can't vote. o_o'
Tsukimi Luna
seems logical xD
I've ran out of votes ;w;
Tsukasa
It's a nice idea. Especially when you want to know who's winning and such.

It's ideal for competitions like OWC and such. Or the ladder match thing that's being done
K a Y e
Yes! This would be useful xDD
Support
emergist
Useful feature.
GeeNX
+1

emergist wrote:

Useful feature.
Mizei
would love this :D
Wishy
Basically when spectating someone who's in multi, being able to see their play plus the scoreboard to the left (like the one you see when you're playing multi yourself), being able to switch between players by clicking them on the scoreboard on the side.
theowest

Wishy wrote:

...being able to switch between players by clicking them on the scoreboard on the side.
Here's the request for that t/13008/
VelperK
This is actually the best feature peppy could implement in the short time
ursa

VelperK wrote:

This is actually the best feature peppy could implement in the short time
yap , also I hope this Feature are avabile ASAP :)
Yousoro
I hope this becomes a feature :P
Abel
Sounds good , hope this will get implemented o3o
she_old
this would be so much fun
Kingkevin30
bump
Kemdo
Thought this thread was going to die O - O - This should be implemented as it would be pretty nice to have a player's point of view^^ I Would give you stars but I am all out I'm afraid ; ___ ;
Broccoly
bumping this
requested 4 years ago and still not implemented...
xasuma
I want this . I would like that you could click on the name of any person inside the multi-player, and switch to their perspective.

So if I'm initially spectating a player, I can switch between all players in the room with just one click.
Unsafeman121
So what Wishy was saying Xasuma?:

theowest wrote:

Wishy wrote:

...being able to switch between players by clicking them on the scoreboard on the side.
Here's the request for that http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/13008/

In terms of the multiplayer scoreboard ~ I completely agree, and by the looks of it, peppy also wanted this to be a thing at some point:

peppy wrote:

i want this to happen so badly.
Osu! has developed so much in the past four years, going from strength to strength, and I feel that this would be a good way of both encouraging people to play on multiplayer and possibly more people will either host/ participate in tournaments (because let's face it, the current tournament forum section basically dies when it isn't near OWC time).

It's been 4 years since this thread was originally posted ~ so unless there is a negative to adding this (which I must be missing, and yes I admit I don't know how complicated (or not) it would be to implement this) but I feel the time is about right for this to become a thing now and it would really enhance the osu spectating experience.