forum

Childhood Misconceptions

posted
Total Posts
show more
Firo Prochainezo

jjrocks wrote:

Oh! I thought that all tv was filmed live. That and I also thought that the power rangers was real.
Aha, me too.
Arusha Shuna

JInxyjem wrote:

I thought babies were made when married couples kiss and their saliva traveled.
Mismagius
I thought babies were made when a girl would say "I want to have a baby!"
And then the baby automatically gets born
dNextGen

Nekoroll wrote:

I used to think all people were good-hearted.
Sinistro
Oh right, remembered another one. I thought somewhere there was a script that described everything we said or did, but I was unclear if the script recorded what we did or if we had to do whatever was written. Then I read the Neverending Story and was like whooooa. Even later I watched The Truman Show and was like WHOOOOOA.
Shohei Ohtani
I used to think that this leprechaun that my 2nd grade teacher hung up in her room would take over the class and switch everyone's gender.
adam2046

Sinistro wrote:

Oh right, remembered another one. I thought somewhere there was a script that described everything we said or did, but I was unclear if the script recorded what we did or if we had to do whatever was written. Then I read the Neverending Story and was like whooooa. Even later I watched The Truman Show and was like WHOOOOOA.
Fun fact, The Truman Show ruined my life.
Bestelle

dNextGen wrote:

Nekoroll wrote:

Shohei Ohtani
Also, I used to think that cumming was like pissing, just with white stuff instead of yellow stuff.
Kitsunemimi

CDFA wrote:

Also, I used to think that cumming was like pissing, just with white stuff instead of yellow stuff.
I used to think I would accidentally piss into the girl instead of... uhmm "normal intercourse"
Kurosanyan
I used to think it's impossible to spend all your days on the computer.
Senruika
i used to think that all frog, lizzard, and carterpillar are poisonous
Cyclohexane
I used to think dragons existed in China.
Bear265

Mr Color wrote:

I used to think dragons existed in China.
^This... And... I initially thought Japan was actually part of China... Like... In the middle of China...
Mismagius
Oh yeah, I though Spain was part of America and Brazil was the whole South America.
FurukawaPan
Up until 3rd grade or so, I used to think my elementary school teachers were secretly witches. It didn't help that they all came in on Halloween with pointy hats.
Ramellu
I used to think rubbing alcohol was the type that people drink owo;
SargentPie
I used to think that you could actually do the wacky, crazy tricks in SSX.

For people that haven't played SSX before, SSX is a snowboarding game where you race but also do tricks to gain boost. Boost=Speed.

Basically, you could do tricks where you take your feet off the board at 25 meters in the air, flip it around, sometimes LET GO OF IT, then place it back on your feet. I thought they were so cool that you could actually do it. Thankfully I actually didn't try anything like that...
Athyrionjh

Nekoroll wrote:

I'm still thinking/belivieving this!!

I used to think, that Broccoli was spinach - and I love spinach, so I tried broccoli, and now I like them both :D
Martinawa
I used to think that England was part of the United States.
Riik_old
hmm... this is a tough one...

I used to think automatic doors were a lie, and actually, they were operated by some guy sat in a room with a button in front of him.
Wojjan
I used to think every nation had to have a national food to be recognised as one. And since our next door neighbor was from bolivia and always bought bugles I assumed those crisps were bolivia's snack of the land.

Also I used to believe bus stops were actually part of clothing shops and the people standing there were showing off the collection.
Mara
I used to think that only teachers got in bars because every bar had "open"-sign.
GladiOol
I used to think wojjan was a boy jk ily <3
I used to think that when I closed my eyes I became invicible. I sucked at hide & seek
MathiasXII
I used to think that grown up girls were turning into monsters once a month.

It's because I misheard the word "menstruée" (menstrual in french) for "monstruée" (turn into a monster...although it's not really a word... it just sounded like a monster transformation lol)

So I was REALLY afraid of women when they said they had their pre-"monstrual" syndroms!!!! :o
Loginer
I bought into the moon landing conspiracy theory when I was nine. I even scribbled together a horribad picture book about it called "The Moon is a Fake".
adam2046
I thought I worked out how time travel works.
Wojjan
adam: cosine of the flux, but you told me not to tell you any more.