forum

General Con/Expo Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neo@lex
I think GD has had enough of these already.
If we keep this in one thread, there's more of a chance of actually being able to get some kind of osu! meetup on the go, too.

I'll be at London's MCM in May. If I had more money I'd go to the midlands one which is in like a week or something.
Weez
If Anime North has an osu!meet up then the chances of me going would be almost 100% XP
iMuffin
I'll be going to AnimeDetour in April and i'll be dragging ztrot along for the ride haha
Mogsy
Attending Anime Boston this April. Bitches best be there.
Pokebis
Gen Con every year.
This time even staying over at a hotel so I'll be there the whooooole time.
Last year was a blast, I wouldn't mind meeting anybody there.
Guy-kun

Neo@lex wrote:

I think GD has had enough of these already.
If we keep this in one thread, there's more of a chance of actually being able to get some kind of osu! meetup on the go, too.

I'll be at London's MCM in May. If I had more money I'd go to the midlands one which is in like a week or something.
We're definitely meeting in May then,
Shame you aren't going midlands, I'll be there.
CheeseWarlock
Anime North: 67% chance of attending.
iMuffin

Pokebis wrote:

Gen Con every year.
This time even staying over at a hotel so I'll be there the whooooole time.
Last year was a blast, I wouldn't mind meeting anybody there.
I might see you there this year
Haneii

Weezy wrote:

If Anime North has an osu!meet up then the chances of me going would be almost 100% XP

CheeseWarlock wrote:

Anime North osu! meet up o/
Rantai
Brisbane Supanova in April this year.

Might even try for Wai-con next year.
Weez

Haneii wrote:

Weezy wrote:

CheeseWarlock wrote:

Anime North osu! meet up o/
:) should happen
Lilac

Rantai wrote:

Brisbane Supanova in April this year.

Might even try for Wai-con next year.
Supanova is soooo heavy on cosplaying. T_T

I'm going to Manifest on August... Saved up tons of money for it. We've already organised some people to go. PM me if you want to join I guess.
Roddie

Mogsworth wrote:

Attending Anime Boston this April. Bitches best be there.
I would like to go to Anime Boston again this year. But looks like I won't. :(
RemmyX25
@ Mogsykins going to Anime Boston

a) No money

b) No costume

c) That week is Tech week for our musical ;____;

Bring something back for me plz ilu mogsykins ;______;
Mogsy
Request things for me to find, then, Remmy. :P

If anybody is too shy to post that they're going, look for me by badge name (Rhydderch is what I believe I put down for mine) and by my cosplay (Tsunemi Chiba from BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad, Joshua from TWEWY, and one last one I haven't actually decided on). Also, obligatory guest namedrops. It's music-themed this year, so they decide to bring more standard Japanese bands this year (as opposed to Nobuo Uematsu/VGO (2010) and Yuki Kajiura/Kalafina (2009)), STEREO PONY and girugamesh.
RemmyX25

Mogsworth wrote:

Request things for me to find, then, Remmy. :P
I dunno, I'm a videogame figurine or novelty item kind of guy. I just wander the dealers room for interesting stuff.
Haneii

Mogsworth wrote:

It's music-themed this year, so they decide to bring more standard Japanese bands this year (as opposed to Nobuo Uematsu/VGO (2010) and Yuki Kajiura/Kalafina (2009)), STEREO PONY and girugamesh.

I think I'd rather go to Anime Boston instead now >w<. It's just a couple more hours drive than Anime North anyway :P. Although April 22nd- 24th might still be exam period :/. But girugamesh? I can't miss this >_<. (you guys got Yuki Kajiura and Kalafina before? Lucky bastards XD)
Mogsy

Haneii wrote:

Mogsworth wrote:

It's music-themed this year, so they decide to bring more standard Japanese bands this year (as opposed to Nobuo Uematsu/VGO (2010) and Yuki Kajiura/Kalafina (2009)), STEREO PONY and girugamesh.

I think I'd rather go to Anime Boston instead now >w<. It's just a couple more hours drive than Anime North anyway :P. Although April 22nd- 24th might still be exam period :/. But girugamesh? I can't miss this >_<. (you guys got Yuki Kajiura and Kalafina before? Lucky bastards XD)
It'd be worth it, if you have a passport. It's I think the second largest anime convention on the east coast of the United States (only behind Otakon)? Also, Yuki Kajiura is awesome, but I found it hilarious that she had a Q&A period when she could speak really only basic English.
Rantai

Lilac wrote:

Supanova is soooo heavy on cosplaying. T_T

I'm going to Manifest on August... Saved up tons of money for it. We've already organised some people to go. PM me if you want to join I guess.
If only my timetable was more forgiving... I would love to see Manifest.

Then again, with how everything is playing out so far...
Kyonko Hizara
Goin to Anime Boston in April. I will be cosplaying Aya Shameimaru :3
show more