forum

General Visual Novel / Galgame thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
those
I cried reading tomoyo after. Three times.
Sallad4ever
Finally finish with MuvLuv Alternative

Now that I actually finish it, I feel satisfied and also empty at the same time. There has never been any VN that give me a crazy mood swing every time I play it. The end is not what I expected but using the opening song for it really gives of the feeling that the game finally ends. Bravo MuvLuv Alternative

I'm interested in the chronicles now and I'll probably get Altered Fable even if it's bad
Valentiino
http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/index.php

It's finally here (it's been around for 4~days now, so kinda slowpoke, I never browse this section anyways).

Rewrite Character patch! Finally all of us non moon-readers can enjoy this masterpiece
okenoshofu
Deardrops is finally getting a BDA!
Kalle_old_1
I tried one, somehow got into a bad ending... i will never touch a vnovel again.
Lance
Finally got around to G-Senjou. Tsubaki's route was mediocre to say the least I preferred her bad end. Hopefully the rest will be be better.
UnderminE
I waited for Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o 8 for months and months because of cute characters but well.. Finished it days ago and it was pretty boring ;_; I expected some quality even if it's totally a h-game.
Faust

UnderminE wrote:

I waited for Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o 8 for months and months because of cute characters but well.. Finished it days ago and it was pretty boring ;_; I expected some quality even if it's totally a h-game.
Hahahahahahahahahaha.
UnderminE
I mean

What.
Yafutsufa
all i`ve been playing.... :
*Kamidori : Alchemy Meister
* Tomoyo After
* Fate Stay Night
* Da Capo
* Shuffle
* Demonbane
* Narcissu 1&2
* Cosplay Fetish Academy
* Hinata Bokko
* Ef fairy tale * forgot the name <<<*
* Brass Restoration
* Red Shift
* Muv-Luv
* Osananajimi wa Daitouryouu
*Deardrops
* Suika
* Snow Sakura
* Katawa Shoujo
* Saya no Uta
* Princess Waltz
* Little Busters!
* Clannad
* A profile
* Sengoku Rance
* Hoshizora no Memoria
* Utawarerumono
* Love Love H Maid
* Sexy Demon Transformation
* Imouto..... *forgot the name too <<*
* Ever 17 infinity
* Canvas 2 : Rainbow Sketch
* Gadget Trial
* Eien no Aselia

well gonna edit it if remember somemore :o :o
Jacqli

Yafutsufa wrote:

all i`ve been playing.... :
*Kamidori : Alchemy Meister
* Tomoyo After
* Fate Stay Night
* Da Capo
* Shuffle
* Demonbane
* Narcissu 1&2
* Cosplay Fetish Academy
* Hinata Bokko
* Ef fairy tale * forgot the name <<<*
* Brass Restoration
* Red Shift
* Muv-Luv
* Osananajimi wa Daitouryouu
*Deardrops
* Suika
* Snow Sakura
* Katawa Shoujo
* Saya no Uta
* Princess Waltz
* Little Busters!
* Clannad
* A profile
* Sengoku Rance
* Hoshizora no Memoria
* Utawarerumono
* Love Love H Maid
* Sexy Demon Transformation
* Imouto..... *forgot the name too <<*
* Ever 17 infinity
* Canvas 2 : Rainbow Sketch
* Gadget Trial

well gonna edit it if remember somemore :o :o
the words that i give a bold means i played it too.. other else are:
- Eien no Aseria : Spirit of eternity sword (can't wait for the second one)
- My GF is a President ( i forgot the japanase name)
- Edelweiss
- Soul Link
- Maid Stroy
- Sono Hanabira

that's all for now.. T__T
Yafutsufa

Jacqli wrote:

- Edelweiss
- Soul Link
- Maid Stroy
- Sono Hanabira

very nice indeed bolding only some =3= and my GF is a president is the Osananajimi wa thingy~ like my game list there
Jacqli

Yafutsufa wrote:

Jacqli wrote:

- Edelweiss
- Soul Link
- Maid Stroy
- Sono Hanabira

very nice indeed bolding only some =3= and my GF is a president is the Osananajimi wa thingy~ like my game list there
that's great you played VN a lot... T__T (i'm very envious of you...)
Zerostarry
I don't know where to discuss this, and I don't have a blog or anything so I think I should do it here..?

It's been a year since Katawa Shoujo came out. I eagerly read all of Rin's route, the only one I was interested in. Thought it was terrible, and moved on. To be honest I have kinda been hating it for the sake of hating it, because of it's popularity on certain internet places. Sort of like MLP. But anyways, I looked back on it today, and realized that Rin acts exactly like someone i've grown to know very well in the past year.

Dealing with a selfish person who is neutral about everything, it really is a painful thing. I can really relate to Hisao in that regard.. just looking back on it now makes me so sad. ;_; I can't even read this route again, I don't want to put myself through the memories, it would be stupid of me.

I have a lot more to say about this but it would be redundant, and it would just be a sappy story about me and someone who I used to talk to.. orz

tl;dr look back at KS and see if you can look at it from a different perspective 8-)
Lance
I'm probably going to do a reread of KS to mark the 1 year anniversary. After all the hype and waiting I'm certain I didn't gauge it's quality accurately on the first read through.

Also, I hate to advertise, but a project I helped with released a demo for a future VN recently. I'd love to get a few opinions on it if anyone is willing: http://www.lastrailproductions.com/
UnderminE
Okay a suggestion from me to the web-designer: http://puu.sh/1Jm87 This style of spacing between the letters and words looks bad and scientifically it hurts readers' eyes. Just saying \:D/
Shirotaku
i probably can find this answer if i lurk around the thread but i think im gonna be a lazy ass and
just gonna ask ....

anyone got a good website to download VN's ?
UnderminE
Erogedownload?
Jacqli

UnderminE wrote:

Erogedownload?
damn slow speed.. The file host really mean...
Hoverlegs
Fuwanovel if you like torrents.
skywind08
Has anyone heard of "Heartache 101"?

not fully VN but it's a VN!!

BTW, it's nice :3
cuz you can create your own girl
Shirotaku

Hoverlegs wrote:

Fuwanovel if you like torrents.
'w')b thanks ive been looking for torrent downloads :3
those
Is there an English patch available for Dracu-Riot
Magicphoenix
^Yeah, there's a partial release of the prologue I believe, translations are @34% atm tho so no full translation yet. Will probably be completely translated by the end of the year if the translations proceed at average speed ...
those
Surprisingly enough this was actually part of the reason why I asked
Jacqli

those wrote:

Is there an English patch available for Dracu-Riot
I want to play that VN too.. ;__;
btw i know to play a VN without the english patch but we can play it...

by using a software
my friend has just finished Dracu-Riot without any english patch (but he can't read japanese words)
UnderminE
If it's a normal VN which has daily-life conversations in it and if you are a decent anime-watcher/VN-reader, you can understand most of the conversations without a patch. If it has VAs though.
Yafutsufa

UnderminE wrote:

If it's a normal VN which has daily-life conversations in it and if you are a decent anime-watcher/VN-reader, you can understand most of the conversations without a patch. If it has VAs though.
the problem will be the protagonist words..... since most of protagonist didn`t say anything.... and the branches.... what would you choose if you didn`t even know the answer???
Cropzy
Katakawa Shoujou
UnderminE

Yafutsufa wrote:

UnderminE wrote:

the problem will be the protagonist words..... since most of protagonist didn`t say anything.... and the branches.... what would you choose if you didn`t even know the answer???
Still better than using a software which translates everything wrong >< I remember in Umineko it translated Dlanor (character name) something like "chicken" or something. We thought like "Why are they talking about chicken this seriously?" for a bit lol
Lance
G-Senjou was utterly bland. I don't understand why it gets as much attention as it does.

Cropzy wrote:

Katakawa Shoujou
okay
Yafutsufa

UnderminE wrote:

Still better than using a software which translates everything wrong >< I remember in Umineko it translated Dlanor (character name) something like "chicken" or something. We thought like "Why are they talking about chicken this seriously?" for a bit lol[/quote]

how the hell the translator didn`t check again.... is there no quality checker or something at the team ==" fail team
Konei

UnderminE wrote:

Still better than using a software which translates everything wrong >< I remember in Umineko it translated Dlanor (character name) something like "chicken" or something. We thought like "Why are they talking about chicken this seriously?" for a bit lol
Can't stop laughing xD
-[Asuna]-
Oh man. Lets see...

Little busters! - first vn, was amazing. I got to the end, my eyes started raining, my dad walked in, awkwardness ensued.

School Days - yeah don't play this unless everyone is in bed. Also sekai is awesome.

Planetarium - Considering its straight up story, no choices involved, it was really good.

Clannad - yeah to long for my current schedule, pretty good though.
Momochikun
Little Busters!
Hoshizora no Memoria

Harp Note
I occasionaly see this topic, it's always interesting to know what VN people read. But names just keep repeating, well that's anybody fault, i think the majority (including myself) only wait for english translations, I wish to learn japanese xD

Of the VNs I have read the ones i like the most are:

Muv-Luv: the first "two" were average, but Alternative is amazing.
Little Busters! (and keep repeating lol )
Fate/Stay Night
Tsukihime
Dengeki Stryker
Princess Waltz: Its like Fate.
Wanko to Kurasou: Seriously, I would play it again.
Steins;Gate

I suppose i could add Clannad, but i havent played the After Story, for some reason i lost the data. The anime was pretty good, so the VN HAVE to be better.
UnderminE
No Umineko lovers

me is sad
deadbeat

UnderminE wrote:

No Umineko lovers

me is sad
speaking of umineko, i need to get round to finishing it, i all ways stop reading half way through an episode and end up restarting so i'm still on episode 6 :<
UnderminE
Man Ep6 is too romantic, just get to Ep7 somehow and let the shitstorm begin.
deadbeat
but back story ;__;
and i might miss something important. end of episode 5 was awesome though /o/
show more