forum

General Visual Novel / Galgame thread.

posted
Total Posts
show more
SonicFan344

Magicphoenix wrote:

If you think you hit rock-bottom with your feelings on drama then you should play Muv-Luv Alternative. It literally has THE most dramatic horrible cruel thing I've ever witnessed ever before regarding VN-Anime-Manga. It burrows a hole into your stomach and they're gonna build up painful moments for you lol. Very painful ones OTL
You must. Must. Play this VN.
I'm looking forward to Muv-Luv since i love Dramatic Sci-Fi Utsuge (not Nakige)
Ok, but i need help on Saya no Uta, how can i get Ending 2?
I chose "Don't Wan't It" and "He calls Fuminori" but i get the "True End"
Should i choose "He calls Ryouko" to get the Bad End (End 2)?
Accelerator-kun
Played the eng translated Guilty Crown Lost Xmas demo 1.5.
For me it's awesome!
Boom
Today I finished Rewrite.(True End)
Kagari!!!
thelewa
just finished Muv-Luv Extra and finally got to Muv-Luv Unlimited

edit: Muv-Luv Unlimited is the same exact shit, goddamn. I wish I could start reading Muv-Luv Alternative already
Magicphoenix
Why don't you just do so? You can play M-L A without having the previous games played ...
Sallad4ever

Magicphoenix wrote:

Why don't you just do so? You can play M-L A without having the previous games played ...
Kinda late but playing previous game made me relate to characters more deeply even though the plot's not really special (not to mention the horrid ending of Unlimited) but hey at least Takeru's ending speech is quite touching. For me it's a good build up for plaing MLA

Finally getting to the "that" scene in MLA.
Dang!! that really surprise me, I've heard about MLA having those kind of scene and the most similar thing I've seen on VN was Saya so I've prepared myself, but man I was wrong.

The scene really reminds me of Mami from Madoka but with more "realistic" touch. Now I understand the meaning of thelewa's avatar
I'm playing Aselia to distract myself now =3=
Magicphoenix
Haha, you'll see more horrible things from now on, trust me.
Professor Prinny
I've so far played Aselia (The 12+ ver) and Fading Hearts (I'm having trouble with some of the achievements).
BR13
I play a lot of VN, the stories are nice.
This is some of what I recommend:
Clannad
Little Busters
Kanon
Deardrops
Kirakira
Edelweiss
Sharin no Kuni
Tears to Tiara
Hoshizora no memoria

Dengeki Stryker
Kirakira Curtain Call
Edelweiss Eden Fantasia
thelewa

Magicphoenix wrote:

I wouldn't have picked up on various wonderful little things if I hadn't played the previous games, and the characters would've felt a lot more distant.

I mean MLA was originally meant to be the True Route of Muv Luv: Unlimited, so they kind of expect you to already know the characters so they do no character development at all for the main girls. If you just read MLA you won't know know the main girls as well and you wouldn't have a clue about the world. Playing Extra is also extremely vital for anyone's Muv Luv experience, because of obvious reasons in MLA. and Extra has so much foreshadowing that it's insane
those
I cried reading tomoyo after. Three times.
Sallad4ever
Finally finish with MuvLuv Alternative

Now that I actually finish it, I feel satisfied and also empty at the same time. There has never been any VN that give me a crazy mood swing every time I play it. The end is not what I expected but using the opening song for it really gives of the feeling that the game finally ends. Bravo MuvLuv Alternative

I'm interested in the chronicles now and I'll probably get Altered Fable even if it's bad
Valentiino
http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/index.php

It's finally here (it's been around for 4~days now, so kinda slowpoke, I never browse this section anyways).

Rewrite Character patch! Finally all of us non moon-readers can enjoy this masterpiece
okenoshofu
Deardrops is finally getting a BDA!
Kalle_old_1
I tried one, somehow got into a bad ending... i will never touch a vnovel again.
Lance
Finally got around to G-Senjou. Tsubaki's route was mediocre to say the least I preferred her bad end. Hopefully the rest will be be better.
UnderminE
I waited for Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o 8 for months and months because of cute characters but well.. Finished it days ago and it was pretty boring ;_; I expected some quality even if it's totally a h-game.
Faust

UnderminE wrote:

I waited for Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o 8 for months and months because of cute characters but well.. Finished it days ago and it was pretty boring ;_; I expected some quality even if it's totally a h-game.
Hahahahahahahahahaha.
UnderminE
I mean

What.
Yafutsufa
all i`ve been playing.... :
*Kamidori : Alchemy Meister
* Tomoyo After
* Fate Stay Night
* Da Capo
* Shuffle
* Demonbane
* Narcissu 1&2
* Cosplay Fetish Academy
* Hinata Bokko
* Ef fairy tale * forgot the name <<<*
* Brass Restoration
* Red Shift
* Muv-Luv
* Osananajimi wa Daitouryouu
*Deardrops
* Suika
* Snow Sakura
* Katawa Shoujo
* Saya no Uta
* Princess Waltz
* Little Busters!
* Clannad
* A profile
* Sengoku Rance
* Hoshizora no Memoria
* Utawarerumono
* Love Love H Maid
* Sexy Demon Transformation
* Imouto..... *forgot the name too <<*
* Ever 17 infinity
* Canvas 2 : Rainbow Sketch
* Gadget Trial
* Eien no Aselia

well gonna edit it if remember somemore :o :o
Jacqli

Yafutsufa wrote:

all i`ve been playing.... :
*Kamidori : Alchemy Meister
* Tomoyo After
* Fate Stay Night
* Da Capo
* Shuffle
* Demonbane
* Narcissu 1&2
* Cosplay Fetish Academy
* Hinata Bokko
* Ef fairy tale * forgot the name <<<*
* Brass Restoration
* Red Shift
* Muv-Luv
* Osananajimi wa Daitouryouu
*Deardrops
* Suika
* Snow Sakura
* Katawa Shoujo
* Saya no Uta
* Princess Waltz
* Little Busters!
* Clannad
* A profile
* Sengoku Rance
* Hoshizora no Memoria
* Utawarerumono
* Love Love H Maid
* Sexy Demon Transformation
* Imouto..... *forgot the name too <<*
* Ever 17 infinity
* Canvas 2 : Rainbow Sketch
* Gadget Trial

well gonna edit it if remember somemore :o :o
the words that i give a bold means i played it too.. other else are:
- Eien no Aseria : Spirit of eternity sword (can't wait for the second one)
- My GF is a President ( i forgot the japanase name)
- Edelweiss
- Soul Link
- Maid Stroy
- Sono Hanabira

that's all for now.. T__T
Yafutsufa

Jacqli wrote:

- Edelweiss
- Soul Link
- Maid Stroy
- Sono Hanabira

very nice indeed bolding only some =3= and my GF is a president is the Osananajimi wa thingy~ like my game list there
Jacqli

Yafutsufa wrote:

Jacqli wrote:

- Edelweiss
- Soul Link
- Maid Stroy
- Sono Hanabira

very nice indeed bolding only some =3= and my GF is a president is the Osananajimi wa thingy~ like my game list there
that's great you played VN a lot... T__T (i'm very envious of you...)
Zerostarry
I don't know where to discuss this, and I don't have a blog or anything so I think I should do it here..?

It's been a year since Katawa Shoujo came out. I eagerly read all of Rin's route, the only one I was interested in. Thought it was terrible, and moved on. To be honest I have kinda been hating it for the sake of hating it, because of it's popularity on certain internet places. Sort of like MLP. But anyways, I looked back on it today, and realized that Rin acts exactly like someone i've grown to know very well in the past year.

Dealing with a selfish person who is neutral about everything, it really is a painful thing. I can really relate to Hisao in that regard.. just looking back on it now makes me so sad. ;_; I can't even read this route again, I don't want to put myself through the memories, it would be stupid of me.

I have a lot more to say about this but it would be redundant, and it would just be a sappy story about me and someone who I used to talk to.. orz

tl;dr look back at KS and see if you can look at it from a different perspective 8-)
Lance
I'm probably going to do a reread of KS to mark the 1 year anniversary. After all the hype and waiting I'm certain I didn't gauge it's quality accurately on the first read through.

Also, I hate to advertise, but a project I helped with released a demo for a future VN recently. I'd love to get a few opinions on it if anyone is willing: http://www.lastrailproductions.com/
UnderminE
Okay a suggestion from me to the web-designer: http://puu.sh/1Jm87 This style of spacing between the letters and words looks bad and scientifically it hurts readers' eyes. Just saying \:D/
Shirotaku
i probably can find this answer if i lurk around the thread but i think im gonna be a lazy ass and
just gonna ask ....

anyone got a good website to download VN's ?
UnderminE
Erogedownload?
Jacqli

UnderminE wrote:

Erogedownload?
damn slow speed.. The file host really mean...
Hoverlegs
Fuwanovel if you like torrents.
skywind08
Has anyone heard of "Heartache 101"?

not fully VN but it's a VN!!

BTW, it's nice :3
cuz you can create your own girl
Shirotaku

Hoverlegs wrote:

Fuwanovel if you like torrents.
'w')b thanks ive been looking for torrent downloads :3
those
Is there an English patch available for Dracu-Riot
Magicphoenix
^Yeah, there's a partial release of the prologue I believe, translations are @34% atm tho so no full translation yet. Will probably be completely translated by the end of the year if the translations proceed at average speed ...
those
Surprisingly enough this was actually part of the reason why I asked
Jacqli

those wrote:

Is there an English patch available for Dracu-Riot
I want to play that VN too.. ;__;
btw i know to play a VN without the english patch but we can play it...

by using a software
my friend has just finished Dracu-Riot without any english patch (but he can't read japanese words)
UnderminE
If it's a normal VN which has daily-life conversations in it and if you are a decent anime-watcher/VN-reader, you can understand most of the conversations without a patch. If it has VAs though.
Yafutsufa

UnderminE wrote:

If it's a normal VN which has daily-life conversations in it and if you are a decent anime-watcher/VN-reader, you can understand most of the conversations without a patch. If it has VAs though.
the problem will be the protagonist words..... since most of protagonist didn`t say anything.... and the branches.... what would you choose if you didn`t even know the answer???
Cropzy
Katakawa Shoujou
UnderminE

Yafutsufa wrote:

UnderminE wrote:

the problem will be the protagonist words..... since most of protagonist didn`t say anything.... and the branches.... what would you choose if you didn`t even know the answer???
Still better than using a software which translates everything wrong >< I remember in Umineko it translated Dlanor (character name) something like "chicken" or something. We thought like "Why are they talking about chicken this seriously?" for a bit lol
show more