forum

[Archived] Osu only opens on second monitor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flat_Stanley
Problem Details: Osu will only open on my second monitor that I primarily use for skype or web browsers, just because it's smaller than my main, and not directly in front of me. Every time I open osu I have to un check full screen mode, use Shift+Win+Left arrow to get it to my main monitor, check full screen mode again, then change the resolution from my second monitors to my main monitor. I hate doing this every time I open osu.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: None

osu! version: 20160525.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Is your main monitor set correctly in windows? Also, are you launching from a shortcut on your second monitor? If so, Move the shortcut to your main and launch there. If you are launching via a program, taskbar, or anywhere else. Try making a shortcut on your main monitor and launch via that.
Trosk-
As he said above, make sure to have your main monitor set correctly in your Windows settings. Also, osu! should always open in the monitor where your cursor is placed while opening osu!, so if the icon is in your main monitor and you move your cursor to the second monitor while it's starting, it will be opened in your second monitor.
Topic Starter
Flat_Stanley

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Is your main monitor set correctly in windows? Also, are you launching from a shortcut on your second monitor? If so, Move the shortcut to your main and launch there. If you are launching via a program, taskbar, or anywhere else. Try making a shortcut on your main monitor and launch via that.
Yeah actually I know the problem now; my taskbar and everything is on my second monitor and my main monitor is just clean with nothing on it.... so do I just launch from the main monitor?
Dntm8kmeeatu

Evolvation wrote:

Yeah actually I know the problem now; my taskbar and everything is on my second monitor and my main monitor is just clean with nothing on it.... so do I just launch from the main monitor?

Well, First set your monitor correctly in Windows, It should be in the control panel under Display and Screen resolution.

Then yes, Just launch from the main monitor, Or the monitor you want, and It should work.