forum

What is your favorite unpopular/unknown anime?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ztrot
We've all seen quite a bit of them, what's your favorite?

Mine is personally Himawari! it was a small anime about a ninja school for girls~
AzureDraco_old
Something that no one knows...only thing that came in my mind is manga named: Kurozakuro, its about ogres living with humans and humans would turn into ogres if they'd eat some sort of orb (in short).
adam2046
I enjoyed watching Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro far more than I probably should have.

Also no one seems to like Overman King Gainer even though its OP alone is the greatest thing ever.
Topic Starter
ztrot

adam2046 wrote:

I enjoyed watching Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro far more than I probably should have.

Also no one seems to like Overman King Gainer even though its OP alone is the greatest thing ever.
OMG you watched that too :D
Nekoroll
It's not too unknown or unpopular, but I still find that most don't know about it: Yakitate!! Japan.

I guess people think that an anime about making bread is dumb and don't want to watch it because of that. It is ridiculous on purpose and I find that it is pretty silly without being too random or derailing. It doesn't make its living off of one-liners and each character is explored to the right amount of depth. I don't know what it is about it, but I honestly almost never watch anime series more than once. However, this is one of the only series that I've watched multiple times. There is just something delightfully refreshing about a comedy that is educational, has minimal fillers, can make you laugh, and most importantly of all, can still hold a plot.
maay
hmm, probably shinigami no ballad
Sallad4ever
I would say Pani Poni Dash
This series is practically unknown in my place cause of the major series like Naruto. One thing I can say about this anime is "Weird", heck it's so weird it make me crazy :o
but that's make me love this series. The blackboard joke is interesting too even though I don't understand half of it
Rantai
I loved Kurenai, though no one I know has heard of it.
Mogsy
Nodame Cantabile, Kuragehime, and Haibane Renmei.

I feel like these are not as popular as they could be just because they're near impossible to sell to potential viewers. Nodame Cantabile is a romantic comedy about classical musicians in a conservatory, but it's outrageously funny and extremely genuine. Kuragehime is probably one of the more subdued slice-of-life shows out there that still manages to have a continuing dramatic plot, about female otaku who get their lives turned upside down when a crossdresser intrudes onto their girls-only property. Haibane Renmei is the hardest to sell out of all of these, since it's detrimental to the experience to give away more than that it's about the daily musings of angel-like girls. It quickly becomes extremely emotionally gripping, though, and leaves quite a few things implied/up to the viewer.
Beuchi

SuperMaay wrote:

hmm, probably shinigami no ballad
Shinigami no Ballad is so beautiful <3 I love Momo.

Besides that, my favourite ones are Puni Puni Poemi (though it's only 2 OVAs) and Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu.
Sinistro
Iga no Kabamaru! A skilled but gluttonous and irreverent teenage ninja moves from the mountains to the big city after his grandfather dies. Hilarity ensues. It's pretty funny on its own, but its dub was so awful it got ten times better as a result.
Faust
Texhnolyze

Haibane Renmei

The 12 Kingdoms
Guy-kun

Mogsworth wrote:

Kuragehime, and Haibane Renmei.
Unknown? nope

Kannazuki no Miko reporting in.
Mogsy
Kuragehime is a show I never see anybody talk about. It may be recent, but it's one of those more under-the-radar shows. Texhnolyze gets more attention than this.

Another relatively unknown/unpopular show that I like is Shion no Ou. Pretty damn good story, even if the animation/some of the art isn't something I'm fond of.
Pokebis
Popee the Performer.
You may as well watch a few, they're four minutes a piece. It's 3D, but it's still Japanese animation, so yeah.
Sallad4ever

Faust wrote:

The 12 Kingdoms
Yes!!!
This is one of the anime that I'm kinda dissapointed with the end. Eventhough it have such a great story it end very abruptly :(

My other unknown favorite is Ninnin Ga Shinobuden, Yeah another ninja anime theme
The thing that attract me the most is one of the character, Onsokumaru, the main joke character in this series. He is so funny, I like how Norio Wakamoto (VA) voiced this character, so hilarious :lol:
Sakura
I'm not sure if it's unknown, but animes that i never see people talk about that i enjoyed were Utawarerumono and Ginban Kaleidoscope
Lilac
Unknown anime is very vague...but I guess I'll have a shot.

What I'm actually watching now when I'm offline is Akikan! Someone got me into it.

The first episode made me want drop the anime altogether but the second on brought it back.
Apex_old
My favorite Anime is not even Anime.
It's a series called Madness, it's just violence, guns and shit. Once I modify it(I don't know how to f**king draw a manga), Hank will become a hero, and there will be less violence, and it's much more realistic.
http://www.newgrounds.com/collection/madness.html
Card N'FoRcE
  1. Galaxy Angel (all series, but i liked the 3rd the most)
    I wonder why i don't see people talking about it, i thought it had a lot of nonsense fun.
  2. Kino no Tabi (aka Kino's Journey)
    It made me think quite a lot.
  3. Uchuu no Stellvia (aka Stellvia of the Universe)
    It was really nice and interesting to watch. Nice plot development.
  4. Last Exile (I think I's quite well known, but every person i ask tells me he doesn't know it)
    Everything about it is awesome.
  5. Mai HiME (aka My HiME, same reason as Last Exile)
    Only the ending sucks so much you wish to be able to travel in time to stop yourself from watching it.

Also quoting Haibane Renmei and

Sakura Hana wrote:

Utawarerumono
God yes that one is awesome.
show more