forum

[duplicate] Spectator Features

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
GhostTortilla
Just a personal opinion on the Spectator Mode. As it is now it's a spectator mode, nothing more, nothing less. You watch players play and that's it. Don't get me wrong here, but I would like to see something more. Some more interactivity. For example a feature where you in Osu! Standard can activate the Smoke. Which then only will be shown on your side. Or do something as removing the HD/FL Mod so it is easier for the one spectating to see what's going on. To remove HD/FL could also be a nice feature for Replays aswell. It should be a thing that you can turn on and off while either Spectating or watching a replay. Could be done with Key bindings or an Option in the Options Tab.
It's just a Personal Opinion. I don't expect this to be implemented, but at least give some ideas for future requests regarding these matters. Maybe other people have better ideas regarding this.
Bara-
Click on the mods in the replay overlay
Works for DT/NC/HD/FL
Pawsu

GhostTortilla wrote:

Or do something as removing the HD/FL Mod so it is easier for the one spectating to see what's going on. To remove HD/FL could also be a nice feature for Replays aswell. It should be a thing that you can turn on and off while either Spectating or watching a .
Funny you suggest this just as it gets implemented. But yea, you're able to disable DT/NC/HD/FL while spectating / watching a replay already as said above. :p

GhostTortilla wrote:

Some more interactivity. For example a feature where you in Osu! Standard can activate the Smoke. Which then only will be shown on your side.
I don't really see how this could be helpful? Mind explaining how this would be beneficial?
Topic Starter
GhostTortilla

Pawsu wrote:

GhostTortilla wrote:

Or do something as removing the HD/FL Mod so it is easier for the one spectating to see what's going on. To remove HD/FL could also be a nice feature for Replays aswell. It should be a thing that you can turn on and off while either Spectating or watching a .
Funny you suggest this just as it gets implemented. But yea, you're able to disable DT/NC/HD/FL while spectating / watching a replay already as said above. :p

GhostTortilla wrote:

Some more interactivity. For example a feature where you in Osu! Standard can activate the Smoke. Which then only will be shown on your side.
I don't really see how this could be helpful? Mind explaining how this would be beneficial?
I am not quite sure how it would be beneficial either, but it would probably be a thing the one spectating can fiddle around with. For example when people are recording while spectating others they could trace their Cursor movement better. Just a simple opinion. As I mentioned above this is something people can make their own thoughts about if they want to. I just thought that the core thought of making Spectator Mode more interactive.
Nathanael
You're there to watch the person while playing, not to play around while they're playing. <_<
Topic Starter
GhostTortilla

Nathanael wrote:

You're there to watch the person while playing, not to play around while they're playing. <_<
True that.
akitoApocalypse

GhostTortilla wrote:

Just a personal opinion on the Spectator Mode. As it is now it's a spectator mode, nothing more, nothing less. You watch players play and that's it. Don't get me wrong here, but I would like to see something more. Some more interactivity. For example a feature where you in Osu! Standard can activate the Smoke. Which then only will be shown on your side. Or do something as removing the HD/FL Mod so it is easier for the one spectating to see what's going on. To remove HD/FL could also be a nice feature for Replays aswell. It should be a thing that you can turn on and off while either Spectating or watching a replay. Could be done with Key bindings or an Option in the Options Tab.
It's just a Personal Opinion. I don't expect this to be implemented, but at least give some ideas for future requests regarding these matters. Maybe other people have better ideas regarding this.

Seems nice but I feel that somehow someone could rig up another computer spectating and use it to hack...or something. I don't know how viable it is, but seems like it could happen/
Bara-

MrSurvivor wrote:

GhostTortilla wrote:

Seems nice but I feel that somehow someone could rig up another computer spectating and use it to hack...or something. I don't know how viable it is, but seems like it could happen/
It already exists (or at least for replays)
Topic Starter
GhostTortilla

Bara- wrote:

Works for DT/NC/HD/FL
Yeah, I kinda realized that while watching a replay and accidentally pressed one of the Mods buttons xDD. But I could only disable the FL Mod, while HD and DT Still were active, maybe it just was the type of song, but could've just been me being stupid aswell.

Anyway Thx for the feedback x)
Pawsu

GhostTortilla wrote:

Nathanael wrote:

True that.
Then why request the Smoke feature if you agree it's useless? :p

GhostTortilla wrote:

But I could only disable the FL Mod, while HD and DT Still were active, maybe it just was the type of song, but could've just been me being stupid aswell.
About the mod disabling, only DT/NC/FL works. My bad. Could have sworn Hidden did but both Hidden and Hard Rock don't.
I'm able to disable FL and DT though? It's just Hidden that you would have not been able to disable.

Anywho, can be marked Duplicate since the relevant part of the request already exists.
Topic Starter
GhostTortilla
Anywho, can be marked Duplicate since the relevant part of the request already exists.[/quote]

Ohhh I see, I'll remove it when I get home x)
xasuma

Bara- wrote:

Works for DT/NC/HD/FL

Woah! Mind blown!! I never knew.. lol