forum

[added] Changing the color of the sliders.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +49
Topic Starter
_Meep_
I've been bothered by this for a while but is there a way we can change the color of the sliders like how we change the color of the hitcircles? It wouldn't affect gameplay and I'm sure people who use custom beatmaps will appreciate it since they can use it in their skins. Maybe make it supporter only since supporters only get a few skin additions.
Bara-
Go the skin.ini
Look at these lines, or add these if you don't have them
[Colours]
//Colours are defined as RGB triplets.

//The combo colours. Can be anywhere between 2 and 5 - just leave out the ones you don't want

//The border colour on slider tracks.
SliderBorder: 255,255,255

//Force a slider track to a certain colour.
SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0

//Colour of the approach circle used for spinners.
SpinnerApproachCircle: 255,255,255
Topic Starter
_Meep_
I meant that if it was on hidden,the sliders would disappear in white before into transparency. So I wanted to change that
Bara-
Like I said, go to the skin.ini
The red parts are what you should edit (I forgot to say that I just noticed)
So if you want it completely red, type
SliderTrackOverride: 255,0,0
If you want it purple, type
SliderTrackOverride: 255,0,255
RickehSenpai
Maybe.
peachbunniii16
WHATS THE SKIN.INI?
Zelzatter Zero

peachbunniii16 wrote:

WHATS THE SKIN.INI?
skin.ini is the initialization file to modify skin stuffs, like changing the slider color, moving/scaling elements, elements arrangement, etc.

You can find out more here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1bhnV-CQRMy3Z0npQd9XSoTdkYxz0ew5e648S00qkJZ8/htmlview# (skin.ini sheet)

Also you should have post a new thread in either Skinning or Help, since this place isn't for asking stuff.
peachbunniii16

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

peachbunniii16 wrote:

WHATS THE SKIN.INI?
skin.ini is the initialization file to modify skin stuffs, like changing the slider color, moving/scaling elements, elements arrangement, etc.

You can find out more here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1bhnV-CQRMy3Z0npQd9XSoTdkYxz0ew5e648S00qkJZ8/htmlview# (skin.ini sheet)

Also you should have post a new thread in either Skinning or Help, since this place isn't for asking stuff.
Yeah thanks, I'm trying to get used on how to communicate in forums and I don't know how to do much hshs so sorryyy

But thank u :)))
Zhyix
What about when you're mapping and you cannot use Skin.ini because it changes nothing on the beatmap that you're mapping ?
How to change slider track override without Skin.ini ?
I've been looking for it but have found nothing, everyone ignores the fact that people are asking for mapping and just say "use skin.ini"...
Zelzatter Zero

CaioQueiroz wrote:

What about when you're mapping and you cannot use Skin.ini because it changes nothing on the beatmap that you're mapping ?
I've been looking for it but have found nothing, everyone ignores the fact that people are asking for mapping and just say "use skin.ini"...
Open the .osu file, and do what Bara- already mentioned, which is find the [Colours] section and add the commands...?

most function in skin.ini file works well with .osu files, hence custom skin for maps is a thing.
Zhyix

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

CaioQueiroz wrote:

Open the .osu file, and do what Bara- already mentioned, which is find the [Colours] section and add the commands...?

most function in skin.ini file works well with .osu files, hence custom skin for maps is a thing.

okay, didn't someone said that if you mess with the .osu files your map wont be ranked and if it is it'l get de-ranked ?
And sorry... i've looked for that .osu on my map and couldn't find it... never touched that one, only skin.ini.

thank you for replying.
Zelzatter Zero

CaioQueiroz wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

CaioQueiroz wrote:

okay, didn't someone said that if you mess with the .osu files your map wont be ranked and if it is it'l get de-ranked ?
And sorry... i've looked for that .osu on my map and couldn't find it... never touched that one, only skin.ini.

thank you for replying.
1. That was a very long time ago. Nowadays modifying the .osu file is allowed as long as it doesn't break the gameplay.

2. You can look at here to see how .osu file works
Jakers4247
How can I know which triplet has a color?