forum

[added] More accurate mouse sensitivity

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +45
Topic Starter
AlMod
So there it is.
Now it is limited to one number after the decimal point. How about to make it more accurate? Like distance snap in editor - while Shift is pressed it can be more accurate (two numbers after d.p.)

P.S. Really, I can't set up my sensitivity well - 1.4 is too big, 1.3 is too small, so that's why this post was written
Zekira
Hm, seems pretty usable to me, at least it's not as absurd as my request of being able to adjust UO to as accurate as 0.1x, lol
ziin
1.3x is too small, 1.4x is too big? Put those math skills to work!

x=7/11 on my computer.

So lets say you want 1.35x:
1.35(7/11)=1.6(y)
5.9/11=y, which is close to 6/11. Set your windows value to 6/11, and your osu value to 1.6x and you'll get 1.37x

Or you know, you could get a real mouse which has a customizable DPI.
Topic Starter
AlMod
This way is good only for osu!, but then i've lost speed in Windows
ziin

AlMod wrote:

This way is good only for osu!, but then i've lost speed in Windows
And this is terrible? Why do you need such precision in windows anyway? I think you need a mouse which supports game profiles.
Topic Starter
AlMod

ziin wrote:

And this is terrible? Why do you need such precision in windows anyway? I think you need a mouse which supports game profiles.
Your opinion requires spending money, and mine are not.
ziin
I'm certain with a little bit of research you could find out how to get profiles for your mouse, as setpoint does this, and likely most other mouse drivers have some form of profile system.

Also my "solution" involves an extremely minor inconvenience outside of osu. When I use a different computer, the mouse is completely different, and it doesn't bother me tremendously. Most $2 mice aren't 1600 DPI. Or you know, you could get used to using 1.4x.
Charles445
I already thought you could until I saw this thread.
I don't know how hard it is to make the sensitivity and slider work like distance snapping does, but it would be pretty useful. Fine tuning mouse sensitivity would really help people get into the game.
Hadez
I totally agree with this, +-0.1x on the sens is really a lot. Some say that you can fix your sens by DPI and Windows, but thats totally annoying and imprecise with the multiplier that windows and DPI have, (x2 x0.5 x0.25, etc.) another example is DPI differences, 400 DPI + 4.0x vs 1600 DPI + 1.0x are totally DIFFERENT, the tracking change a lot on straight and curve movement. I can think on 2 ways the improve this.

1. Add a more precise sensitivity bar. (0.01 intervals for example)
or
2. Add a Sensitivity box to put the sensitivity values by hand, with restrictions obviously, 0.1 to 4.0x and no more than 3 decimals or something like that.
(Just like any FPS game)

Cheers, Hadez.
Mesita
as a mouse player i have to say this would be very helpful.
- k Aim -
the "genius mouse club" users doesnt needs this kind of utilities, because as the club that we are our mouses have the unique special abbility to autoregule the sensibility at the less aproppiate moment :lol: :lol: :lol: :i want a trollface emoticon

cya sochao
Hadez
please learn about mouse and DPI by EXPERIENCE first. Not by commercial comments from razer or whatever.
Hadez

ziin wrote:

1.3x is too small, 1.4x is too big? Put those math skills to work!

x=7/11 on my computer.

So lets say you want 1.35x:
1.35(7/11)=1.6(y)
5.9/11=y, which is close to 6/11. Set your windows value to 6/11, and your osu value to 1.6x and you'll get 1.37x

Or you know, you could get a real mouse which has a customizable DPI.
Windows multiplier is exponencial not linear below 6, and + x0.5 for 7+ values, 6 = x1, 5 = x0.5, 4 = x0.25, 7 = x1.5, 8 = x2.0, etc.
sk1ll
Agreed
qlum
just trick some in combination with windows it can be quite accurately tuned I use it myself I don't use the dpi settings for this purpos as I always want to max out dpi for the theoretical benefit it brings.
but really I don't think it would hurt anyone if you could fine-tune in the ini
nVidi4x
i think if we could manage sensitivity with numbers would be easier for everyone.
For example: from 0.24 to 10.4 would be awesome
Hadez

nVidi4x wrote:

i think if we could manage sensitivity with numbers would be easier for everyone.
For example: from 0.24 to 10.4 would be awesome
i luv u
Neruell
As said above already, Osu! AND Windows allow to change sensitivity which is more than enough because with a proper adjustment you can set that "0.0xx" if you want. It works with a "sh*tty" mouse and with a high end too. The reason why people don't use windows for setting that is because they are too lazy to alt+tab all the time and checking the mouse sensitivity. Anyway changing mouse sensitivity doesn't mean that you will automaticly improve your play skills. Same as active area of the tablet. It all depends on the habit of how you play. Although if it is "easy" to implement then I don't have any complains about it.
Mesita

Neruell wrote:

As said above already, Osu! AND Windows allow to change sensitivity which is more than enough because with a proper adjustment you can set that "0.0xx" if you want. It works with a "sh*tty" mouse and with a high end too. The reason why people don't use windows for setting that is because they are too lazy to alt+tab all the time and checking the mouse sensitivity. Anyway changing mouse sensitivity doesn't mean that you will automaticly improve your play skills. Same as active area of the tablet. It all depends on the habit of how you play. Although if it is "easy" to implement then I don't have any complains about it.
so wrong.... windows has a default accel implemented on itself, so changing the windows sensitivity changes the overall sensitivity in a non linear scale. Therefore the solution you give is useless. I agree, most people are really lazy, but im not, so i do know what i'm talking about, and as people are asking sometimes a little change on the mouse sensitivity can make a huge diference in your playing style.
Karuta-_old_1
As far as laser, optical mouses are concerned it will be a big help to people who can tell the difference.

So, I support.
show more