forum

Suddenly I can't stream anymore

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cyron
For the past few days i've see that i just can't stream anymore and I have no idea why. I didn't take a break or anything yet i can't stream consistently anymore.
It seems that i either overstream or suddenly stop and not stream at all. I can't feel the flow of the stream the same way i used to and therefore end up over/under streaming. The weirdest part is the my aim suddenly feels a lot more stable. Anything to do to "relearn" streaming?
Sandy Hoey
Everybody has ups and downs when playing, and if you could before, it means that it will come back to you. If you haven't taken, maybe you should. Take some time off. A couple of days, and then come back. That always tends to help me when I hit a wall in anything
artofdying

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Everybody has ups and downs when playing, and if you could before, it means that it will come back to you. If you haven't taken, maybe you should. Take some time off. A couple of days, and then come back. That always tends to help me when I hit a wall in anything
that's true
Topic Starter
Cyron

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I would take some time off but then i'm afraid i'll lose my aim which right now is the best it's ever been. But probably that's the only way though.
gooder101
start playing those maps https://osu.ppy.sh/b/207567
everyday at least once.
playing the slower bpm will give you more consistency and you will get the flow better while the faster bpm will be a way to get more stamina and speed(on streams only ofc)
anyway i had the same thing going on for me at some point and playing those helped me like a lot.
mizuki-chan
I agree with taking it more easy some time.
But you are the only one who should know what to do. Try harder?take it more easy?
Frolski
Play less.
StephOsu
play more
Topic Starter
Cyron
I don't think i'll ever be able to stream again. I didn't see any improvement in the past two weeks. It feels like it's even worse than before.
Helyana
[self-deleted]
Topic Starter
Cyron

SkullFull wrote:

xVortexXz wrote:

I don't think i'll ever be able to stream again. I didn't see any improvement in the past two weeks. It feels like it's even worse than before.
I think this is only you thinking "I can't stream" and therefore creating a sorta of negative placebo effect. Try to change your mentality.

(too hard words, can't understand: stop thinking you can't stream)
Didn't think about this before. I think think you are right. Maybe the problem is the way of thinking. I'll see what i can do about that.
PinkNightmares
All of your top ranks are jump maps and that's also the case for your most played maps. I doubt you "suddenly" lost the ability to stream.
Endaris
Just relearn it from scratch. Sooner or later your past experience will benefit you and your streaming will be better than it ever was.
Streaming is not something you reach perfection in after all, so every hour spent on it yields some result.
Barusamikosu
You just gotta keep spamming those streamy maps. Don't take any days off. One day is dangerous. Two is fatal. Make sure every play session you're at least playing up to your limit in speed and stamina if you're too lazy to push harder. Spend some time warming up from slower BPM into faster ones. Don't tense. Focus on the hitsounds and your finger movement. Accept that you suck and keep pushing. You'll get there. I'll get there too. #roadto200bpm
Yuudachi-kun
Barusamikosu
Humble beginnings :^)
Sup A Noob
If you can't get past a form dip then you can't get good.

How do you get past a form dip?

Don't think about it.
Topic Starter
Cyron

Barusamikosu wrote:

You just gotta keep spamming those streamy maps. Don't take any days off. One day is dangerous. Two is fatal. Make sure every play session you're at least playing up to your limit in speed and stamina if you're too lazy to push harder. Spend some time warming up from slower BPM into faster ones. Don't tense. Focus on the hitsounds and your finger movement. Accept that you suck and keep pushing. You'll get there. I'll get there too. #roadto200bpm
My problem is with slow streams, under 190. I think the problem is my speed cause i always tend to overstream, blame DT for that. My stamina is quite decent as well, according to other players.
Endaris
When Baru talks about slow streams I'm pretty sure he's not talking about anything 160+.
If you have (and always had) trouble streaming low bpm you should just start learning low bpm.
Yuudachi-kun
Or just never stream low bpm because nothing is gorcing you to play it
Barusamikosu

xVortexXz wrote:

My problem is with slow streams, under 190. I think the problem is my speed cause i always tend to overstream, blame DT for that. My stamina is quite decent as well, according to other players.
DT isn't to blame here, just a lack of practice on slower maps. Add some 150-180 to your practice routine. They should be songs/maps interesting to you so you won't get bored.

Endaris wrote:

When Baru talks about slow streams I'm pretty sure he's not talking about anything 160+.
ya more like 110 xd
Yuudachi-kun
140 and below streams are just singletaps
Yolshka

Khelly wrote:

yes if you are a mecha robot transformers droid machine
Yuudachi-kun

ShadyAngel wrote:

Khelly wrote:

yes if you are a mecha robot transformers droid machine

Nope bot even. That's what 140+ is for
chainpullz

Endaris wrote:

If you have (and always had) trouble streaming low bpm you should just start learning low bpm.
Low bpm is pointless. Most sub 160bpm maps play fundamentally different than 160+ bpm maps so it's not even worth comparing. As someone who plays a lot of both of these types of maps it sickens me to see people say "just play low bpm hurr durr." It's not the same.
Topic Starter
Cyron

Khelly wrote:

Pretty much
Yolshka

chainpullz wrote:

Low bpm is pointless. Most sub 160bpm maps play fundamentally different than 160+ bpm maps so it's not even worth comparing. As someone who plays a lot of both of these types of maps it sickens me to see people say "just play low bpm hurr durr." It's not the same.
what is the fundamental difference?
how do you train for fast streams then?
160bpm seems to be a turning a point, because i fail everything above it, really hard, rip.
everyone would like to be streaming fast of course me too who wouldn't
Yuudachi-kun
The anount of relevant maps at higher and higher skills won't be sub 160 - see i e angel.
StephOsu
also IMO anything below 160bpm requires finger control more than stamina as oppose to 160+bpn as most people need to focus on not overstream in those BPM compare to not understream on stream beyond 160bpm or 200bpm for the most part
I Give Up
Don't think. Push button. Believe.
Endaris

StephOsu wrote:

also IMO anything below 160bpm requires finger control more than stamina as oppose to 160+bpn as most people need to focus on not overstream in those BPM compare to not understream on stream beyond 160bpm or 200bpm for the most part
Also Sub150 1/4 will be casually used in non-stream contexts which isn't a thing on most faster maps. That's why many lowbpm maps with a lot of 1/4 don't particularly feel and play like streammaps.
That being said it's still cool to be able to do them and practicing on the actual lowbpm streammaps like Midnight Siege and stuff will most likely be beneficial for your overall streaming experience.
chainpullz

StephOsu wrote:

Sort of this. It's more that at lower bpm the streams will usually play more like 280bpm "alternate" sections than actual streams. Instead of focusing on moving your fingers consistent with the bpm you have to move them consistent with your aim. Even on more aim intense high bpm streams keeping tapping in sync with aim isn't really something you worry about.
Barusamikosu
No need to play or practice (really) low BPM unless you actually want to or have a need for it.

For players like Endaris, ShadyAngel and myself it's a useful skill given the maps we like to play.

If somebody is only playing 140BPM+DT or 170BPM+HR or whatever then they can probably safely ignore anything else if they're already satisfied with their finger control.
StephOsu

Barusamikosu wrote:

No need to play or practice (really) low BPM unless you actually want to or have a need for it.

For players like Endaris, ShadyAngel and myself it's a useful skill given the maps we like to play.

If somebody is only playing 140BPM+DT or 170BPM+HR or whatever then they can probably safely ignore anything else if they're already satisfied with their finger control.
plz share fun map
Topic Starter
Cyron

Barusamikosu wrote:

In order to be good you have to be able to play anything. Ice Angel os an example of a map that requires low bpm streaming and great finger control.
PinkNightmares

StephOsu wrote:

Barusamikosu wrote:

plz share fun map
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/36263
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/363982
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/372448
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/53479
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/167300
show more