forum

[4K] Stuck at ~3.5*

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ClKhrom
Hey. I've been playing on and off in 4K since around january.
However, it seems I've come to hit a barrier.
I can't progress, difficulty wise, anymore. Currently sitting at the barrier between the 3 star and 4 star listing, therefore around 3.5 star.
I can't read the patterns, I can't play good enough, I just can't progress.
If anyone has any tips and/or beatmaps that could help me progress through this, it'd be most welcome.
Thanks a lot.
-[C R A Z Y]-
Bro read this guide t/146615
I advise you to play hard maps, more marathons and try play new patterns such "jumpstreams" "handstreams" "jackshammer" among others... if you have trouble reading patterns, you can use the hidden mode or flashlight.

maps for practice: t/399593
And most importantly, never give up ;)
Topic Starter
ClKhrom
Thanks very much for the answer, I'll follow htose guides, though I'm pretty sure I have downloaded pretty much every converts before.
I wasn't planning on giving up :)

EDIT: Scale BPM or not ? I have some maps that get pretty derpy, and I think it's because I don't have the scaling toggled.
Evening

Unicorn Khrom wrote:

Thanks very much for the answer, I'll follow htose guides, though I'm pretty sure I have downloaded pretty much every converts before.
I wasn't planning on giving up :)

EDIT: Scale BPM or not ? I have some maps that get pretty derpy, and I think it's because I don't have the scaling toggled.

Scaling with BPM pretty much means:

High BPM higher scroll speed
Low BPM slower scroll speed

Turning that off means that you have a stable scroll speed despite the BPM unless the map itself has intentional scroll speed changes
Bobbias
BPM scaling is usually a bad idea for most players, especially new ones. Turning off BPM scaling makes things easier because your brain can get used to a single, consistent scroll speed.

As for being stuck, crazy gave good advice. Practicing maps with different kinds of patterns, especially ones you struggle with will help familiarize yourself with those patterns. Just be careful you don't keep playing the same few maps with those patterns. Playing the same maps over and over will give you better scores those maps, but not other maps with those same kind of patterns.
Topic Starter
ClKhrom
Well thanks for all the tips, if anyone has a few 3.5~* map with streams mixed with a few jumps mixed together, or LN+streams, because I really suck at those.
A perfect example would be https://osu.ppy.sh/s/241328 Mashiro's hard. I can clear higher star rating, but the reading's got me on this one.
Yuudachi-kun
Topic Starter
ClKhrom

Khelly wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/87671 spam this
Wow thanks, theres quite a few patterns here
Yuudachi-kun

ClKhrom wrote:

Khelly wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/87671 spam this
Wow thanks, theres quite a few patterns here
It's like, my favourite mania map ever so far.
Bobbias
Except it's not a mania map, it's an OLD stepmania chart. IIRC it's from 2006 or so.
Yuudachi-kun

Bobbias wrote:

Except it's not a mania map, it's an OLD stepmania chart. IIRC it's from 2006 or so.
These things mean the same thing to me as long as it has the -mania suffix