forum

[duplicate] New mod idea: Rewind Mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
N_Studios
Not sure if this is the right place to talk about this, but here goes.

On April 6, 2016, the osu-public Slack team got into a discussion about osu! mods and how they change beatmaps and the normal gameplay (if memory serves). During that discussion, I came up with an idea: What if there was a mod that changed the gameplay of beatmaps by playing them in reverse? I decided to call the new mod idea "Rewind". When enabled, it'd take the beatmap's elements (including all sliders, spinners and circles in the beatmap), as well as the beatmap's audio (and video, if applicable) and play them starting from the end and working towards the beginning. It'd essentially be like taking a replay of a beatmap and hitting the "Rewind" button in the video player.
After I came up with the idea, I decided to make a working Proof-of-Concept, which I finished on May 14, 2016. It was based off of the Easy difficulty of IamKwaN's "ChouCho - DreamRiser (TV size)" beatmap, available here: https://osu.ppy.sh/s/232051 (I went with the Easy difficulty, since the Proof-of-Concept was my first time mapping anything).

If you would like to try out the Proof-of-Concept itself, I highly recommend you play through the Easy difficulty of the aforementioned beatmap before playing the Proof-of-Concept, in order to provide yourself with a good reference point. The Proof-of-Concept itself is available at http://bit.ly/1Wz7f1n, and all details of the mod itself are in the readme.txt file, which is supplied with the beatmap. Whenever I update the Proof-of-Concept's readme file, I will update the current Readme version number at the bottom of this post.
Any and all feedback about the mod is welcome.

Current Readme file version: 160517-1201
Sandy Hoey
I honestly don't think that this would be that great of a mod. It may work for easy maps where you can play the map without actually listening to the music.but if you listen to songs in reverse they can sound pretty different, which would make playing higher level maps . . . interesting.
I also would never play this because it changes how the music sounds and the main reason I choose to paly a map is because I enjoy listening to the song.
Bara-
RickehSenpai
Great!
Bara-
Don't bump marked threads please
Instead, go support the thread which is linked here (by me, 20 days ago)