forum

How do I stop spamming buttons ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tesolite
Hey everyone :). I have this problem in mania that whenever too much buttons/notes/whateveryouwannacallthem show up, I just start spamming DFJK like a madman (I play 4K like 98% of the time). This also happens when a certain pattern is repeated for too long and it suddenly changes, but I just keep repeating the pattern that was there for a long time, and also when I have to press 2 buttons in a beat, but then it suddenly jumps to 4 buttons in a beat and then back. This is a really bad habit that I just cannot get rid of :x . This post may sound stupid to some of you, but could anyone give me any tips as to how to get rid of this habit ? Thanks in advance :D .

PS: I've been playing for around 4 months now, dunno if that changes anything :roll:
Cuppp
Literally play more. It's just inexperience
aitor98

Cuppp wrote:

Literally play more. It's just inexperience
Totally agree. That might be a reading issue, but just keep playing, that's the way to improve
Bobbias
Make sure you can actually read the patterns. If you've having difficulty reading them to begin with, try speeding up or slowing down your scroll rate (note: it takes time to adjust to a new speed, don't just change speeds and expect to do better right away).

If it's just that you can understand what you're seeing, but your brain just doesn't know how to react, you just need to play more. And don't avoid maps that do this, exposing yourself to maps that do this will slowly make you more used to seeing these kinds of patterns, and you will learn to play them faster.
Aqo
edit maps to HP10
Topic Starter
Tesolite
Thanks everyone, I will be sure to practice more and more :D I appreciate you taking your time to help a noob like me :oops: