forum

Kuripurin - Jutenija

posted
Total Posts
show more
NatsumeRin

MetalMario201 wrote:

Personal attacks never get anyone anywhere.
thanks and this could be the end.
mm201

NatsumeRin wrote:

so could you understand a bit why people are angry about rude behaviors of some modders, even MATs? because they combine "ranking rules" and their own preference together, and THIS leads to a wrong way.
I colourize and bold my mods, which is a bit OCD of me. To most people, if something pops out as wrong, they'll list it. Whether it violates a guideline isn't important. I don't see why ranking guidelines should be separated from personal standards. They're all opportunities to make your map better.
NatsumeRin

MetalMario201 wrote:

I don't see why ranking guidelines should be separated from personal standards. They're all opportunities to make your map better.
the difference is one is you MUST fix if you want to get your map ranked, another is about style, preference or whatever, it could be discussed, and could keep if the mapper wish to do so. i think this is enough.
Shiro
Holy... I never thought my asking for an explanation could sound rude at all.
I was only asking for someone to explain to me why the spacing I pointed can be considered fine, because I don't understand...
More precisely, "why" as in "what in the song justifies this spacing" and "how" as in "how can this technically be fine when it's clearly broken to me". I'm not saying "you gotta explain if you wanna keep this"... I'm just asking for someone to explain so that I can understand... If I made an error on this map thinking this spacing was bad, but actually isn't, I might make the same error on other maps. Understanding why this is fine would prevent me from making that one error...

I didn't mean any harm at all...
ignorethis

Odaril wrote:

I was only asking for someone to explain to me why the spacing I pointed can be considered fine, because I don't understand...

Your post doesn't imply that you're asking for an explanation on then spacing - it looks more like you're imposing your opinion on others (and disrespectful), To avoid that from happening again, better add sentences like "the following is only my own opinion" or "please explain how this happened" etc,, rather than listing a few objects and identify them as bad spacing.

btw I'd like to offer my two cents for this time:
First, on the spacing of this map, I think it's perfectly readable (though I can't agree on some of them), and help to make the map play better and challenging. This spacing can be seen as some kind of creativity or personal mapping style, so there's no need to complain much.
Second, some Chinese people really should reconsider their action to unexpected modding post and it's poster. Quoting a post and commenting "I can only say hahahaha" but not pointing out the reason isn't a proper way to reply. Or I can say this is just mocking, but sadly this meant nothing besides a disrespect to the modder. No matter how experienced a mapper you are, you still need to respect other members in the community. We would keep every case in control if we do.
eveless

ignorethis wrote:

Second, some Chinese people really should reconsider their action to unexpected modding post and it's poster. Quoting a post and commenting "I can only say hahahaha" but not pointing out the reason isn't a proper way to reply. Or I can say this is just mocking, but sadly this meant nothing besides a disrespect to the modder. No matter how experienced a mapper you are, you still need to respect other members in the community. We would keep every case in control if we do.
Because i'm not the mapper he want to asked so i cant explain everywhere the spacing chagned , also some spacing chagned is no need to explain , just listening the music . "make sense" and "follow the music" , but not "make map for standards". something is just a feel , how to explain it? So i can only leave "hahaha" because what he said is just like a joke.
Mismagius

ignorethis wrote:

Odaril wrote:

Your post doesn't imply that you're asking for an explanation on then spacing - it looks more like you're imposing your opinion on others (and disrespectful), To avoid that from happening again, better add sentences like "the following is only my own opinion" or "please explain how this happened" etc,, rather than listing a few objects and identify them as bad spacing.

btw I'd like to offer my two cents for this time:
First, on the spacing of this map, I think it's perfectly readable (though I can't agree on some of them), and help to make the map play better and challenging. This spacing can be seen as some kind of creativity or personal mapping style, so there's no need to complain much.
This sums up my opinion on this bullshit "war" that has been happening there lol.

"make a fun map that breaks guidelines but it's still fun"
"unrankable rofl give a reason or then you suck"
"hahahaha you modders suck"
"no shit blahblah"

ignorethis wrote:

No matter how experienced a mapper you are, you still need to respect other members in the community. We would keep every case in control if we do.
You're awesome for saying this. It's rare to see something that applies for the two "sides" of mappers.
ignorethis

eveless wrote:

Because i'm not the mapper he want to asked so i cant explain everywhere the spacing chagned , also some spacing chagned is no need to explain , just listening the music . "make sense" and "follow the music" , but not "make map for standards". something is just a feel , how to explain it? So i can only leave "hahaha" because what he said is just like a joke.
Does leaving a comment like "I totally disagree; please listen to the music carefully and play for a few more times before you mod it" hurt that much? I know that you though Odaril's post was like bullshit, but commenting like "hahaha" will result in nothing but flame war, then thread locked - It's the usual pattern for a disputable map nowadays. :o
Arusha Shuna
oh wow, didn't expect to turn into a drama like this
I've told qinche about this issue, several times, but she wont budge. She said it's her mapping style and she doesn't want to change it.

sure i understand that, even though i have to get used to the flow after several tries. Yes some of the spacing is ugly, but not impossible right? everyone has their own thoughts i guess, but i don't thank this is a very serious issue. This map is already ranked, leave it be
Colin Hou
alright ignore, all I want to say about this is it cant be that easy to keep cool when someone post that in your friends' map.

and im not sure whether this is the shitstorm that Odaril wanted.
Natteke
qinche \:D/
ignorethis

Colin Hou wrote:

alright ignore, all I want to say about this is it cant be that easy to keep cool when someone post that in your friends' map.

I do agree that Odaril's post looked aggresive, but posting another aggresive reply is just making the case worse.

Also it seemed that Odaril was "attacked" in #chinese last night. I didn't read through the whole chat (I don't even have a log) so I have no right to say anything about it.

btw.
如果以后出现类似情况,还是不要采取过激的行动为好,省得到时候被人抓住了把柄反咬一口。这样即使原先我们有理也会说不清(虽然也没什么必要说清,但是对华人mapper圈影响是不好的)。
Shiro
If you want a log, I have one. But I won't bother posting it; it's not the first time I've been attacked in #chinese (or any other channel for that matter). We just need to stop this drama...
I made a mistake in my post in the form of unwanted harshness that was perceived as disrespect, and not showing enough that I was just stating my opinion and asking for people to help me understand... I acknowledge it, so no need to keep flaming me more...
I am aware of my errors and I will take responsibility for them. If need to be banned, unMAT'd, or whatever punishment you feel right to give me, I will gladly take them, as long as it stops this drama.

Also, Colin, I can't believe you actually think I WANTED that kind of shitstorm.
Colin Hou

Colin Hou wrote:

I mean this:

and punishment won't do any help for a happened thing you call mistake, that's reasonable, but at least plz show sorry for what you've done.
I hope I'm not asking for too much. :roll:
AngelHoney

Natteke wrote:

qinche \:D/
Topic Starter
qinche
heheh, after 3 final exams i finally found some time to discuss about this.

starting from 00:54:914 (1) , the music goes quiet with fewer instrument presented, so i would put a much tighter spacing to slow down.

the blue notes, unfortunately, their placement were not initlally there for clearification on rhythm, they were thought to be the accent of each meter, http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/78046 with this picture i believe you have some idea about what im talking about.

since i have some finish added to the music, i put them as blue notes as well. the only place where this becomes a contradiction was http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/78047, these were not added before bubbled, but yeahyeahyeahhh thought they are necessary to be blue notes to give some idea to the player on how it should be dealt with.

ok. so back to why they are placed like that.

00:54:914 (1) and 00:55:214 (1) are placed further away from each other because im aware of the sudden rise in vocal, so i thought it would be justified to do so.

00:56:414 (1) this one however, because the key was much indifferent compare to 00:55:214 (1), it would be a good idea to put them with same spacing, also since it is a new combo, i believe it wouldnt cause problem. think about the different strategies i used for different keys in vocal, why or how is it bad spacing?

00:57:614 (5,1,1) - these are hard to be placed as 00:54:914 (1) and 00:55:214 (1), if i was to do so, i would have to put them in 3 corners which looks rather strange. so i thought it would be ok to put 00:57:914 (1,1) under each other and clearly separated from 00:57:614 (5).

but since i used note-under-note style for this second part (the keys are much more higher than the first part), i thought to suit the music, the next one would have to be a much lower spaced. thats why i put 01:00:914 (2,1) with same spacing, and 01:02:414 (1,2,3) for 3 continuous spacing, and also to slow down a bit since vocal is suggesting to do so (as to why i didnt not map this blank part in between 01:03:914 (1,2) ). this way, i can start the next part with a larger spacing pattern and be more extensive.

i do not use new combo and bad spacing to increase difficulties, thats all. if further discussion is needed, pm me plz. thx.

oh and, hi natteke and AHO, im glad to see that my absence was not forgot
DeeN
wow

great map
GladiOol
02:14:714 (1) - This note, more gay than a homosexual. Should be placed 1/2 later.... 1 rating for you bro \:D/
I never rate '1's, so you can be proud of it <3 But this just plays HORRIBLE.
There's no beat or anything on that red tick, it has to be white ~.~

I kinda liked the rest of the map, quite original 'n all, but don't place notes wrong. Then I come with my 1 ratings of furious wrath and anger!!!!1111
Natteke
>mods the map 7 months after it got ranked
>bro

GladiOol
: DDDDD I only just played it.

Ok I change my opinion. It's too good for 1 rating \:D/
You'll get a 6 for that note though, cuz im dissapoint.
Topic Starter
qinche
I INTENDED.

place it 1/2 late would not work well, care to try?

and what is wrong with not following the vocal?

anyway i dont like how u talk, need not to reply me, just leave please?
Mismagius

qinche wrote:

I INTENDED.

place it 1/2 late would not work well, care to try?

and what is wrong with not following the vocal?

anyway i dont like how u talk, need not to reply me, just leave please?
don't worry, haters gonna rate.

i've never been a fan of this map, actually

but i tried it lately and loved it, great job