forum

Nervous

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yaes
Every time I almost fc a song, I tend to panic and think that omg its towards the end, I'm gonna fc! Then boom choked. How do you players keep yourself from being nervous/falling? Any tips at at all
Sup A Noob
No, play more.
Ninonuko
Fc it offline.
KupcaH
Everyone getting nervous. Everyone getting chokes.
Play more.
Nathanael
Just keep calm. Don't panic on places where you're having troubles. ;)
Hibiya-chan
Keep calm and click those circles~ ;)
Skybussa
Everyone gets nerves. Everyone has to deal with them. If you can get to x combo in a map and then miss, then you can get to x combo again and have another shot at full comboing.
I Give Up
Don't think. Push button. Believe.
rekhichem
don't think about the pp gain and breath you should be k , and even if you fail , tell yourself that you can do better the next time , cuz you will do better the next time x) gl hf
Tornado
Just have a cold heart.Less stress,less shaking and more fun :P
Topic Starter
Yaes
Ahaha! Thanks guys for your input, I'll keep playing and click more circles!
Dextersydney
Find a way to calm yourself down first.
I always say "bad accuracy" as a placebo but everyone has their own I guess..
Below 98 I consider bad depending on the star rating. Then again, I use SD on most of my top plays.

Forgot to add: Just play the game and if you fc it then you fc it. Accept your score or re do it, at least you get 1 pp+
Matykocska
There are a few maps on which I have the same feeling. I've played them for a long time and couldn't FC and even though now I'm skilled enough for them, I just get shaky and excited near the end and choke. :P Like:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/65853 or
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/125553

My advice is to look for new maps, don't get stuck on a few. There won't be that big of an emotional peak when you played them only 1 or 2 times. Come back to your "cursed" maps later and maybe you'll FC on first try after a few months! :)

That said, I believe it's the best feeling in the game when you make an FC which you struggled with forever, your adrenaline is rushing, your hands are shaking and finally you can say: "I've done it!".
mizuki-chan

Matykocska wrote:

That said, I believe it's the best feeling in the game when you make an FC which you struggled with forever, your adrenaline is rushing, your hands are shaking and finally you can say: "I've done it!".
So True.
Frolski

mizuki-chan wrote:

Matykocska wrote:

So True.

Can you stop refreshing thread 2 weeks old just to increase your post count?
mizuki-chan
im not doing this, because of a count. im just bored at work and have nothing to do there.
Dewott

Ninonuko wrote:

Fc it offline.
i did that once on toby fox determination w/ hddt and i got 97%, rip me (something i cant do in a long time)
Tornado
Fcing offline? Not necessarry.Just open No Fail mode and you even get a god accuracy :(

StephOsu
play more
Sayorie
all my top scores are chokes, and it goes to show that you should just play for fun.