forum

Enable a bit more for banned users [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Esupanitix
If a ban's only purpose is to disable certain users from using chat for a specific, maybe eternal amount of time, then why disable ALL connection?

osu!'s main purpose was to be played, so why can't we rise our ranks at the LEAST when banned? It's a topic that I'm surprised hasn't been brought up in here.

People donated so they could use osu!Direct, and they should get their money's worth even under a ban. If we can still play, why not allow all of these niceties that make osu! so unique even under a ban? I'm just asking. If this isn't possible, then okay. I am just asking out of curiosity of why we can't even have our ranks rise when banned from a server. Isn't there a way to partition the server into two different parts: Chat and ranking?

Again, I'm just curious and believe me, I did use the search function. If there were others besides me who asked, I must've typed in the tags wrong. This is only an idea, if it is impossible to make happen, don't start making comments against me. It was just a little tidbit that miffed me a little every time I was banned.
Kitsunemimi
Good idea, although I'm unsure how exactly we're going to make score submissions independent from chat. Honestly though, they shouldn't need to be separated, we just need to make a way for people to submit scores and do everything, just without access to chat.
Derekku

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

People donated so they could use osu!Direct, and they should get their money's worth even under a ban.
wat
Wishy
Why people get banned from osu!? Other reasons than cheats, I mean.
Mara
tl;dr?
dkun
A ban is a ban from ALL of Bancho's services, including score submission.
You obviously did something wrong if you were banned.

/nosupport

I donate for myself and others, and I would never ask for something as stupid as this.
Corin
^This
Topic Starter
Esupanitix
Well this is why I don't speak out in school; It ends up being very stupid when you think about it.

Besides, not everyone donates for the hell of it.
Wishy
The word donate means you give money to someone/something without getting any type of retribution for it (except self-satisfaction for being kind). You are not paying for a service or privileges when you donate.
Topic Starter
Esupanitix
Well when it comes to donating for osu!direct, that being your only chosen reason to donate, it's a bit of a tossup in that sense.
0_o
On the "Supporting osu!" page:
Please note that you are not paying for extra features. You are donating and any extras that come as a result are not considered to have a monetary value. If the world explodes, I am not going to give you a refund because you can't play osu! (but really, I think if that happens you have more important things to worry about).
I won't comment any further, just throwin' that out there.
Wishy
You don't donate for osu!direct, you donate money and peppy is kind enough to give you something in a way of saying thank you.
dkun

0_o wrote:

On the "Supporting osu!" page:
Please note that you are not paying for extra features. You are donating and any extras that come as a result are not considered to have a monetary value. If the world explodes, I am not going to give you a refund because you can't play osu! (but really, I think if that happens you have more important things to worry about).
I won't comment any further, just throwin' that out there.

dkun wrote:

A ban is a ban from ALL of Bancho's services, including score submission.
You obviously did something wrong if you were banned.

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

Besides, not everyone donates for the hell of it.
ok
Lybydose
How about you don't get banned?
Shohei Ohtani

WeegeevsWeegee wrote:

Well this is why I don't speak out in school; It ends up being very stupid when you think about it.
Which is why you think clearly before you speak to make sure there are no glaring flaws in your statements ;D~.
Zekira

Lybydose wrote:

OzzyOzrock
You're being banned not silenced
FrozenOG

Lybydose wrote:

/support
mekadon_old
wat
Raging Bull
Necroposting should be an achievement.
makipogz
what infringement means
I am banned for about 3 days and it said I'm ban for 9 more infringements
Gaba

makipogz wrote:

what infringement means
I am banned for about 3 days and it said I'm ban for 9 more infringements
Uh, no. You just got silenced for 5 minutes, that was 1(one) infringement, only if you get another 9 you could be ban. You're not banned yet. And they reset every two week, i think.
ziin