forum

[resolved] Able to adjust offset while the beatmap is loading.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
FrzR
Hi, I would like to request a feature on being able to adjust offset before the song starts. I usually play at the -40~-50 offset area(playing without offset changes makes my hits register too early for some reason). I think this would be helpful in multiplayer when you are playing with a map you haven't played before and want to change the offset without missing the first few notes especially with maps that start right away.

If this idea has been requested before, please let me know. Already done a quick search but no results. Thank you very much.
Kaoskadosk

FrzR wrote:

Hi, I would like to request a feature on being able to adjust offset before the song starts. I usually play at the -40~-50 offset area(playing without offset changes makes my hits register too early for some reason). I think this would be helpful in multiplayer when you are playing with a map you haven't played before and want to change the offset without missing the first few notes especially with maps that start right away.

If this idea has been requested before, please let me know. Already done a quick search but no results. Thank you very much.
You can alter a songs offset with the + and - button for a period of time at the beginning of the song and during breaks. This doesn't change global offset though, only the maps.
Topic Starter
FrzR

Kaoskadosk wrote:

FrzR wrote:

You can alter a songs offset with the + and - button for a period of time at the beginning of the song and during breaks. This doesn't change global offset though, only the maps.
Yes, that's what I've been doing for every map that I play. Some songs start right away with very little time to adjust so that's what I am requesting for.
Full Tablet
If you have to change the offset for every map by an amount you know even before you start playing them, shouldn't you just adjust the universal offset?
Topic Starter
FrzR

Full Tablet wrote:

If you have to change the offset for every map by an amount you know even before you start playing them, shouldn't you just adjust the universal offset?
I did try using the Universal Offset before but strangely enough it didn't do anything compared to doing it manually.
Full Tablet
Universal Offset and Beatmap Offset shift the notes in opposing directions. If you usually use -40ms beatmap offset, you should set the universal offset to 40, for example.
Topic Starter
FrzR

Full Tablet wrote:

Universal Offset and Beatmap Offset shift the notes in opposing directions. If you usually use -40ms beatmap offset, you should set the universal offset to 40, for example.
I see! I have tested it on a few maps and yes it worked. Seems strange for it to use the opposite direction instead but my request has been resolved. Thank you very much.