forum

[resolved] Ingame it says I'm from the Netherlands

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
My Aim Zogs
Problem Details:
Osu! has been saying that I'm from the Netherlands ever since I got a new router.
The country ranking board shows people from Netherland, but country scoreboard shows danish scores. On the website it still shows that I'm from Denmark.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Ranking board:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5002599

score board w/ danish scores:
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/5002607

osu! version: 20160422 (latest)
Miterosan
try contact account@ppy.sh
Cinia Arctica
Maybe its a problem with your IP showing that you are in the Netherlands. Either you have modified your IP to show that you are in the netherlands or something on osu!'s side. Im pretty sure that Osu! tracks your IP to find the country that you are from and tracks that so thats what I think happened. Just contact support to get it resolved.
Alpgh367
Are you using a VPN or any kind of programs that might change your IP address?
Lacrimosa

OmGkEk wrote:

Maybe its a problem with your IP showing that you are in the Netherlands. Either you have modified your IP to show that you are in the netherlands or something on osu!'s side. Im pretty sure that Osu! tracks your IP to find the country that you are from and tracks that so thats what I think happened. Just contact support to get it resolved.
Exactly what he said. Mostly this happens when using VPN or similar programs.
Pawsu
Looks like you got assigned a Netherlands IP if you're not using a proxy or VPN. There's not much we can do about this.
Topic Starter
My Aim Zogs
I looked into the case with my IP, my IP tells me i'm located in Odder, Denmark, which is correct. I am not using any VPN or anything. Also, it is only Osu that seems to be affected by this problem
Dntm8kmeeatu
The in-game location is just based on current location data from the IP. I'm sure there is literally nothing we or even peppy can do. Unless he can change it manually just for you. (Highly doubt it)
ow0
It could be based of ip. So did you use a VPN when you 1st ran osu!?
Topic Starter
My Aim Zogs
Not as far as i know of. I don't know how to use VPN, and the problem occured as soon as i opened osu!
The day the problem occured was the same day i recieved my new router from my new (but also previous) internet provider. The ISP isn't the problem and my IP is located at my home.
peppy
Please do as per the first post and contact accounts@ppy.sh.