forum

[AIMOD] Warning about denied mp3 quality. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Bass
AIMOD should notify about low or too high mp3 quality. Because this is in guidelines.
ouranhshc
or you could just check it yourself. There are many ways to check the kbps of an mp3
Kitsunemimi
I think this might've been suggested before... errr, lemme check.

...Hmmm... Maybe not. There's this thread with a bunch of other AIMod requests but apparently this one isn't in there.

Anyways, this one is a pretty good idea, so definitely support.
blissfulyoshi
Sadly, I just want to point out that this has been suggested before: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25766&p=340601&hilit=+aimod#p340601 . I would personally love this to happen, but I am not exactly sure how hard hard it would be to code. (Calculating the average bitrate for VBR encodes sounds difficult to do.Still, if we use filesize to estimate the bitrate instead of trying to find the exact amount, this might not be that difficult)

I guess I'll edit my topic in the AIMod request list.
Jarby

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Still, if we use filesize to estimate the bitrate instead of trying to find the exact amount, this might not be that difficult
That sounds implausible considering how VBR is dealt with in the first place. CBR for sure (and ABR, but who actually uses that here?), but it would be better to have this all implemented at the same time, if at all, to avoid confusion.
RandomJibberish
if iTunes can find the average bitrate, I'm pretty sure osu! can...
James2250
Even if this is kind of a duplicate it would be very useful for many players if AIMod could handle the VBR (would save the time switching to another program etc)