forum

Combo Flames RETURN!

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +139
Topic Starter
-Megumin
Combo Fire 2007-ish

Does anyone remember back when flames would be your Combo Burst? Well I'm here to see if we can have this added as an option.. something /maybe/ simple to put back in as a on/off selection in options for flames?

And since we've gone through a lot since then, maybe we can add more colours at different combos? 25/50/100/200/300 etc etc or how ever it works.

I missed having these flames personally I'm not sure about anyone else but seeing them again would be pretty nice, and updated with more to see, softer on the eyes and make sure it doesn't take up 50% of the screen..

Just where the combos are is where the fire should be placed, or even a nice line across the bottom of the screen... nothing to distracting.
And also I'd like to edit into this that it shouldn't /grow/ in size with a large combo, instead just as I said different colours and keep the clean soft look. :)

This is my first post on something like this, so if there is anything in here you think should be post below. c:

Thanks!
Pawsu
I actually think I remember peppy saying something about having plans to bring them back. Unsure if that's confirmed or not.
Edit: after a small search I found this:

TheVileOne wrote:

There is no set time period in which this feature is planned to come back. Someone will need to be motivated to create a new fire effect from scratch that works with openGl.
Topic Starter
-Megumin

Pawsu wrote:

I actually think I remember peppy saying something about having plans to bring them back. Unsure if that's confirmed or not.
Edit: after a small search I found this:

TheVileOne wrote:

There is no set time period in which this feature is planned to come back. Someone will need to be motivated to create a new fire effect from scratch that works with openGl.

So to make this work all we need to do is have some one create the fire from scratch, and that works with openGl?

What if we were to just pay for the work in p/h for some on to do it professionally?
Kyumiko
this sounds ridiculous... but great! let's do it!! Kappa

i actually think this would look really cool. combo fires looked like ass in 2007, but if we cleaned them up now they could be great.
Topic Starter
-Megumin

Kyumiko wrote:

this sounds ridiculous... but great! let's do it!! Kappa

i actually think this would look really cool. combo fires looked like ass in 2007, but if we cleaned them up now they could be great.

Exactly with what we have now compared to back in 2007 Combo Flames /CAN/ be a thing as long as they are clean and follow different mechanics instead of growing larger by the combo.
Bauxe
Pretty sure fire is getting replaced eventually with something better.
Topic Starter
-Megumin

Bauxe wrote:

With something better? Do you think they will be different types of options per-say flowers, or who knows icicles , snow or something?

or i dont know actually but the ideas there sound cool too.
Pawsu
It looks like it's going to eventually be replaced, as Bauxe said. Perhaps with osu!next?
Topic Starter
-Megumin

Pawsu wrote:

It looks like it's going to eventually be replaced, as Bauxe said. Perhaps with osu!next?

Aww always loved the flame effect, lets see what it brings.
Titen96
Has there been any word on it recently? I really did like seeing the combo fire, even if it did get in the way I'd love for it to be an option.
scarlia
+1 Please...
It made the game more exhilarating for me personally...
Bara-
I believe it's confirmed to come with at some point, so I assume osu!next
NeXt4r_

Libeccio wrote:

Bauxe wrote:

With something better? Do you think they will be different types of options per-say flowers, or who knows icicles , snow or something?

or i dont know actually but the ideas there sound cool too.
maybe a great idea edit part of the combo flame for the skin