forum

Beatmap Pack Achievements? [duplicate]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost
I was thinking of an idea that we could give achievements for clearing beatmap packs. Like "50 beatmap packs cleared", "100 beatmap packs cleared", and "200 beatmap packs cleared". It would give a nice incentive for people to explore a variety of music, getting a ton of ranked points, and enjoying themselves along the way with the extra boost. This is just an idea.

deadbeat edit: t/107625 achievement discussion here
OzzyOzrock
I think the achievements for completing specific beatmap packs are good enough.
deadbeat
peppy has all ready said that he doesn't want people requesting acheivements here. if u want to request them. u need to send him a pm 8-)
Derekku

deadbeat wrote:

peppy has all ready said that he doesn't want people requesting acheivements here. if u want to request them. u need to send him a pm 8-)
Uhhhhhhh what? Where did you see/hear this?
rust45
I remember seeing something like that, but I think he was more talking about new secret achievements.
Derekku

rust45 wrote:

I remember seeing something like that, but I think he was more talking about new secret achievements.
That's what I thought he might be talking about, but oh well.

peppy gets enough PMs as it is, so don't even think about messaging him about feature requests. I see no reason why ideas for new achievements can't be discussed, although it's possible that some are already planned. However, there are tons of more important features on the devs' to-do list than stuff like this. :p
deadbeat

rust45 wrote:

ah..my bad...sorry
laport
good idea!
timotmcc
more achievements in general never hurts anyone (unless they're particularly tricky to code, which i don't believe they are)
theowest
Hey.. That's actually a good idea. Then we have a good idea over what beatmaps to play so we can achieve it!
So more people will play more beatmaps and more beatmap will become better and more people start playin osu and more people help osu become much better!! WIN WIN!!! YAAAAAY

I'm all out of stars...
Shohei Ohtani
I enjoy this idea :D~. The only problem I guess would be that there are so many beatmap packs, then the achievement section of the profile will be huge.
deadbeat
i could kinda see a couple of touhou ones. so many of them anyway :/
FlyingKiwi
How do get that achievement?