forum

DJ SNAKE & LIL JON - TURN DOWN FOR WHAT

posted
Total Posts
show more
Pachiru
Wow nice! I liked the song, it really deserve a play!

There is just something that feels strange to me, it's the SV that is slower in Insane than Normal diff, but I guess that's a style, so it's very nice like that :)

Gratz for rank!
IamKwaN
metadata reference please?
Topic Starter
Feb

IamKwaN wrote:

metadata reference please?
there was no reliable metadata source to find. Since this is a collab of a song. Both artists uploaded the song to their youtube-channel.

DJSnake's version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMUDVMiITOU
Lil jon's version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsyAagzMuUo

As you can see both write it differently, so I've searched for the cover of the SINGLE since it wasn't available in any album as far my research has gone and its written there as Turn down For What. Funnily enough its written sometimes also as "Turn Down for What", but these are from sources which are unreliable like iTunes, amazon etc.

So I decided to take the middlepath and capitalize every first letter in the word, to match both liljons and dj snakes version since it made the most sense to me.
So unless some user can provide the back of the single cd, theres no way to find out the correct writing. Tried the best to make it reasonable.
headphonewearer
I actually think it is DJ Snake - Turn Down For What (feat. Lil Jon)
Topic Starter
Feb

Mapper wrote:

I actually think it is DJ Snake - Turn Down For What (feat. Lil Jon)
Do you have any source for this?
Aurele
I was looking around the internet if i could find anything interesting. Most of the sources I've went through, all I could see was a difference of capitalization and a difference between "&" and "and".

Yet, I didn't find anything on the DJ Snake's official website about his records or singles. Same things applies to its label: Columbia Records

Some sources would write it as "DJ SNAKE & LIL JON - TURN DOWN FOR WHAT" (MusicCanada)
or Vevo would write it as "DJ Snake, Lil Jon - Turn Down for What" (VEVO Video)
Even iTunes -a non-trustable source- writes it as "DJ Snake & Lil Jon - Turn Down For What" (iTunes), which is the current beatmap's metadata.

I guess the current metadata shouldn't be changed as it follows at least one of these sources above.
IamKwaN
When there are so many official alternatives out there, iTunes is the last resort.

Pick either "DJ SNAKE & LIL JON - TURN DOWN FOR WHAT" or "DJ Snake, Lil Jon - Turn Down for What". Metadata has to be exact, we do not accept any changes in the capitalization due to personal preference. As long as what you pick is exactly the same as what official states, we are good to go.

Call me back.
Topic Starter
Feb
metadata is difficult.
headphonewearer
holy
Topic Starter
Feb
Changed to the first thing with everything capitalized. Also just wanna clarify that I didn't use the version before because it was my personal preference but rather that it was the closest thing possible. I personally like the fully capitalized version the most.
Aurele
Seems good to me!
IamKwaN
good to go?
Topic Starter
Feb
ya
IamKwaN
Is drum-sliderslide7.wav used somewhere?
Topic Starter
Feb
01:27:714 (1) - usually on these sliders.
IamKwaN
alright
Aurele
congrats~!
Topic Starter
Feb
Thanks!
Kyouren
Turn down for what?

Gratzz :3
Bonsai
Oh, I wanted to post "requalify what for" but then noticed that it's actually ranked now, not DQd-and-qualified-again
rip joke
gz! :D
Khora
Normie song, but pretty good map! Gratz!