forum

An option to disable the right mouse button [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
It would be really great if there was a way to disable just the right mouse button. Sometimes I accidentally click it and it ruins my combo, and alternating between left and right just feels weird for me, which is why i use the keyboard for long streams. Could this possibly be implemented? Thanks.
Gemi
This would be the easy fix for this pretty common (afaik) problem.

I think that a better way would be to change the game mechanics so that if you are holding a slider with one button, then pressing any button will not cut holding the slider and causing a combo break. Outside of sliders everything shoudl still work as it does now, the change would just have effect on presses during a slider.
Topic Starter
kingcobra52
Actually, that would work out too. :)

I just thought it'd be easier to just have an option to disable it entirely, but I like your idea better.
peppy
latest test

2008-07-14
(*) Changed slider slide behaviour - you must hold the button you *began* the slide with. To swap buttons, you must let go of both buttons then choose your new button. Lets see how this goes.
jseames

peppy wrote:

latest test

2008-07-14
(*) Changed slider slide behaviour - you must hold the button you *began* the slide with. To swap buttons, you must let go of both buttons then choose your new button. Lets see how this goes.

I really hate to bring up thread necromancy on this topic, but might it be considered to still go ahead with right mouse button disabling? Often, when my right finger is resting, I'll accidentally press it and ruin a perfectly good combo. I find it far easier to do this on the more intense songs when my entire hand is tense.

If not, it's cool. I was just thinking about this the other day. -_-

Thanks!