$uicideboy$ - Kill Yourself (Part III)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
George

pishifat wrote:

rip $toryboard fla$he$

thi$ $ong i$ probably $o boring to map cuz it i$ u$ing the mo$t ba$ic form of empha$i$ (bigger circle = more empha$i$) throughout the entire map
making e$$entially any offbeat $lider$ not work
on every diff
why

hit$ound$
the way you hit$ounded $tuff when there'$ percu$$ion i$ okayi$h
the fini$he$ you u$e in the piano-only part$ are $o much more inten$e than the actual $ong (not including the one$ with fla$he$)
replacing them with whi$tle$ or $ome more fitting $ample >
the incon$i$tency of your intro hit$ounding al$o hurt$

ea$y
relating to that paragraph thing above, $tuff like 00:02:027 (3) - 00:08:819 (5) - 01:07:934 (6) - are offbeat $lider$ that kinda dont work cuz the $ong i$ u$ing the mo$t ba$ic form of empha$i$ ever
tho$e are ju$t $lider$ ending on actual downbeat$ tho, one$ $tarting on beat 2 are al$o pretty gro$$. $ince mu$ictheorynon$en$e tell$ people
00:26:366 (7,1) - $pacingwhat
00:53:783 (5,1) - antijump i$ not a thing you $hould actually be doing on lowe$t diff lol. map i$ built off of 1/1 $paced object$, $o even a 2/1 $tack would be $ketch. proper $pacing be$t option
01:13:169 (1) - wont be relevant after you fix the timing but tail tho. al$o you may get wrecked about recovery time $ince you mapped thi$ a$ actual 106bpm and not double (where half the recovery time would make $en$e)
andprobably $ame on normal g

normal
ur difficulty settings are so inflated
00:12:215 (5,6) - pl$ i think you know what'$ wrong with thi$. $crub$ follow $liderbodie$ $o $lider$ leading into next object i$ e$$ential
00:37:934 (2,3) - 00:44:726 (5,6) - 00:46:990 (2,3) - con$idering $o much of thi$ u$e$ the $ame rhythm a$ ea$y, mapping out the only 1/2 that actually $tand$ out = $trong$pread

hard
00:00:329 (1,2) - $pacing tho. if you want low movement from 1 to 2, $tacking > introducing $pacing concept that never recurr$
00:33:160 (2,3,4) - if ur not gonna be u$ing $pacing variation to empha$ize anything here, con$i$tent $pacing $uperior
00:34:858 (1) - recoverytimetho 1beat
00:37:935 (3) - told byby in a mod earlier today how to make 1/2 $pam le$$ me$$y maybereadthatok
00:39:066 (1,2,3) -00:43:029 (5,6,1) - al$o $pacing with the$e what i$ the variation $uppo$ed to be indicating cuz it'$ not contemporary empha$i$i$i$ii$i
01:12:463 (4,1) - tbh $ame as the first thing
00:59:161 (2) - $till get triggered by un$upported offbeat $lider$:( 01:10:482 (6) - actually work$ pretty well i think tho

ky$
p good, I'll need to contact you via irc to actually understand certain lines of you mod, such as "con$idering $o much of thi$ u$e$ the $ame rhythm a$ ea$y, mapping out the only 1/2 that actually $tand$ out = $trong$pread"
sheela
Looks good to me!
Cancel
what even
Topic Starter
George

Cancel wrote:

what even
Wafu
We fixed a few things via IRC, I believe this map is good to go.
Narrow Minds
Congratulations.
Okoratu
the pure white combocolor strobes unpleasantly during kiai :(
Cancel

Cancel wrote:

WHAT EVEN
Wafu
WTF? Okay. So, what's happening. I don't know HOW or WHO, but someone got to my account and it was not me. I don't share passwords, unless I was super drugged which is literally imposssible. I never qualified this map.

[General]
  1. Check his soundcloud. It seems the song title is supposed to be KILL YOURSELF (Part III) rather than Kill Yourself (Part III)
  2. Audio quality is not sufficient to me. Spectrogram clearly says the cut-off is pretty retarded and I don't believe that's the "original quality" of the song.
  3. Tag "my" is a duplicate, I don't see reason for including it again.
  4. ColorGrain.png and Grain.png files are not used in .osu nor .osb of the map.
  5. White color is absolutely unreadable in some parts, it needs to be darker, probably some light grey would be fine.
[Hard]
  1. 00:36:787 - You cannot have 2 timing points with different volumes on same timestamp. It can lead to an error.
  2. I absolutely disagree with spread on this difficulty. Easy and Normal are relatively calm maps, but the difference to Hard is so huge. From almost regular spacing to all-jump map is just a no-go.
  3. The difficulty is exceedingly overmapped. Sounds like these are in my opinion not a subject to be mapped: 00:01:178 - 00:03:442 - 00:05:706 - 00:09:102 - 00:11:366 - etc.
  4. 00:13:913 (1,2,3,4) - 01:26:598 (1,2,3,4) - Is really overexaggerated pattern. I don't see any logic in jumps on the rhythm. There's almost no sound, so I don't think it should be mapped and especially not as a jump.
  5. 00:29:479 (4) - If you already want to overmap the song, please, at least mute the slider ends and definitely don't make these places clickable, it makes no sense to me to make non-existant sound mapped and moreover mapped as a clickable.
[Normal]
  1. The same overmap problem as Hard
  2. Some patterns are unpolished or misleading, such as 00:03:159 (4,5) - 00:15:612 (4,5) - 00:19:008 (2,3) - 00:21:272 (5,6) - . Especially for normal and low diffs in overall, I would welcome to see more clear patterns and not that many overlaps.
[Easy]
  1. There are way too many issues in this difficulty. First of them is the completely inconsistent spacing: 00:00:895 (2,3) - Seems like cool spacing, which probably can be used for easy, 00:02:027 (3,4,5) - Increases spacing (on easy!) and that doesn't even respond to how the music goes at all.
  2. Then it calms again and goes to normal, but there we have a jump: 00:09:385 (1,2) - For what reason does Easy use jumps and why in this, very calm place? There's no single indication of increased intensity, so I don't see reason for a jump.
  3. This difficulty in my opinion is completely out of Easy standards and many things should be fixed there, above issues repeat throughout the whole difficulty.
This is not aimed against George, I have no clue who is doing this mess. This map needs to be disqualified nonetheless because it was not checked in any way, contains above issues and in my opinion needs much more mods than this.

Don't spread drama please, issue is being consulted with accounts@ppy.sh and discussion about it doesn't belong in this thread. Thanks everyone for understanding :)
meii18
01:26:598- ~ 01:29:145- The timing seems really off in this section if you listen the music carefully.I think here needs another offset rather than another green line in my opinion.
By the way,why don't you put an warning on beatmap description?The song contains some offensive words
Underforest
Eeeeee~ ripperino
Mekki
Ugh, Wafu... You should check this better, try checking with accounts@ppy.sh cause if there is really someone hacking accounts on osu, it needs to be found and resolved asap.
Cancel

Wafu wrote:

1. Check his soundcloud. It seems the song title is supposed to be KILL YOURSELF (Part III) rather than Kill Yourself (Part III)

Bakari wrote:

1. Artist is Pierce The Veil (with the T capitalized) Source
Battle
No dq post even tho it was moved?
Loctav
As requested by the last nominating BN, we are taking this out of Qualified for now. Please contact accounts@ppy.sh to assist us in investigating this matter. (and keep handling this map as per usual)
Narrow Minds

Wafu wrote:

WTF? Okay. So, what's happening. I don't know HOW or WHO, but someone got to my account and it was not me. I don't share passwords, unless I was super drugged which is literally imposssible. I never qualified this map.
Enough jokes, seems like this is a serious issue. How's that even possible that you got hacked? It had to be probably someone who knows your password or you just didn't log out from a public computer because there isn't any possible way how did you get hacked. I don't want to act like a smartass but you should make your password stronger or how MkGuh mentioned write on a support.
Stefan

Narrow Minds wrote:

Enough jokes, seems like this is a serious issue. How's that even possible that you got hacked? It had to be probably someone who knows your password or you just didn't log out from a public computer because there isn't any possible way how did you get hacked. I don't want to act like a smartass but you should make your password stronger or how MkGuh mentioned write on a support.
Could we please concentrate on the map progress instead, Wafu's case will be handled by the support, not here.
Topic Starter
George

Wafu wrote:

his entire mod is meant to be here but I dont want to make a mess in the thread
I didnt agree with your comment on making the title full capital letters, but it did bring attention to a metadata error I had >>legit metadata proof<<
I'll fix the audio quality soon, I just need time to recuperate and I'll get to it
I also removed the tag "my" from the beginning so that the album title still makes sense in the tags
yada yada yada I removed the unused SB elements and changed my white circle

---General---
I fixed your comments on the timing points, and also for what you call overmapped I was mapping to the lyrics, so the slider ends on the 1/2 because thats when her voice ends

---Hard---
Fixed the exaggerated patterns too, its a problem I have because I'm a dumbo and do aesthetic over sense

---Normal---
I'm going to remap this diff to try to fix my diff spread gap, voided your mod.

---Easy---
Auto distance spacing is kinda doing the trick, I'm just having problems with AIMod recognizing a constant DS (might have to unsnap from grid)
Topic Starter
George

ByBy13 wrote:

01:26:598- ~ 01:29:145- The timing seems really off in this section if you listen the music carefully.I think here needs another offset rather than another green line in my opinion.
By the way,why don't you put an warning on beatmap description?The song contains some offensive words
Added the warning and is currently working on the timing, idk why I cant give kd to you at this point but just pretend I gave it to you (unless it isnt needed for this mod)
Mafumafu
Want to help out but I heard something not very nice in the lyrics
Cancel

Regraz wrote:

Want to help out but I heard something not very nice in the lyrics

Exa
I don't think the lyrics are sfw enough for this to get ranked, taken that there have already been nukes on maps for too inappropriate lyrics...

And in general, the song speaks about how suicidal thoughts develop in one's mind until they become a reality. I will always be against publicizing any message like that as there are actually people out there fighting with thoughts like these and all they need is a little bit of extra motivation... There are better and happier songs to map out there, I am sure you can find another one.
Monstrata
Completely agreeing with Exa.
Natsu
I do agree with Exa as well, I don't think this is an appropriate content to be in a game like osu!, at least in the ranked section. Anyways contacting a moderator or a community manager should be a good idea, since they can tell you if this will be allowed or no, personally I think having a depressing song that can lead you to suicide isn't a good idea at all.
Loctav
As we received the report in this matter and revised the issue in detail, we decided that songs of such kind are not welcomed in this community.

If you have questions or objections regarding this matter, feel free to PM me.