forum

osu!catch World Cup 2016 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kagari
cwc hype bois~
JBHyperion
Can't wait to see what's in the map pool, there's been a huge increase in ranked specifics since last year so it'll be tough work for the selectors (:
Time-
Map scoring is based on a new metric, called Score V2, but unlike in osu! without the accuracy score portion.
yee
He Ang CTB
"Osu!Catch" is this the new name for "Catch The Beat"? :X
Kagari

JBHyperion wrote:

Can't wait to see what's in the map pool, there's been a huge increase in ranked specifics since last year so it'll be tough work for the selectors (:
GO 4 IT tiebreaker hype :>
Hirikoshi
POOOOOOOOLAAAND HYPEEEEEE
DeletedUser_500696

JBHyperion wrote:

no hype for ar9 converts ;w;
ursa

JBHyperion wrote:

Same, I hope it'll be many ctb specifics maps/diff to be choosen on the mappool
& Fair maps too
Evaous
gl everyone
Qiyana
Already signed myself up. lololol
nanamochi-
GL Everyone~
Rurree
PH hype!! >w<
Colin
hope i can play in the cwc
deadbeat
fruit pun world cup 2016
autofanboy
nvm ill be there but as back up :3
Kagari

deadbeat wrote:

fruit pun world cup 2016
sorry didnt catch that :^)
Mamat
Go Go Go Indonesian #IndonesianPlayersAreAwesome
Sains Class
WOW ....
ztrot
looks like things are about to get juicy
juankristal

ztrot wrote:

looks like things are about to get juicy
I think I wont be able to beat you in pun the beat world cup...
Cyclohexane
in my salad days i thought i could rival ztrot's pun abilities but i quickly realized i'd just be beaten to a pulp
JBHyperion
Serving up the juiciest of puns on a silver Platter
-Rodo96-
Interesant :)
Ew4n_old
Good luck
Niko-nyan
goodluck for CWC participants

hype for juice please (i need some juice >w<)
He Ang CTB
So any news on the details of Score_v2? :U
Colin
haven't tried it yet
Sorceress

He Ang Erika wrote:

Hope it's ok to respond to this here, I know there's the thread for ScoreV2 feedback though it seems to be focused entirely on standard.

Tried it out in a multi, first impressions are not so great. It's very heavily combo based with a max score of 1 million. A 1 miss towards the end/start has far less of an impact compared to a 1 miss right near the middle.
Here's a 1 miss in the middle.

A 1 miss right near the start.

And 6 misses right at the end.

Droplets are still almost irrelevant and completely overshadowed by spinners which it seems will have even more of an impact on a non-fc score. Really it seems to be in many ways similar to how it is now but just with a 1 million score cap + mod multiplier + bananas. Speaking of mod mulitpliers, HR is 1.1x and DT 1.2x . I don't know if this has just been carried over from the standard version but it's good to see DT not so underweighted.

Was really hoping ScoreV2 would be more forgiving to a 1 miss halfway through but it looks like it will still be a death sentence to your score. Curious to see what others think about this.
He Ang CTB

Sorcerer wrote:

He Ang Erika wrote:

Hope it's ok to respond to this here, I know there's the thread for ScoreV2 feedback though it seems to be focused entirely on standard.

Tried it out in a multi, first impressions are not so great. It's very heavily combo based with a max score of 1 million. A 1 miss towards the end/start has far less of an impact compared to a 1 miss right near the middle.
Here's a 1 miss in the middle.

A 1 miss right near the start.

And 6 misses right at the end.

Droplets are still almost irrelevant and completely overshadowed by spinners which it seems will have even more of an impact on a non-fc score. Really it seems to be in many ways similar to how it is now but just with a 1 million score cap + mod multiplier + bananas. Speaking of mod mulitpliers, HR is 1.1x and DT 1.2x . I don't know if this has just been carried over from the standard version but it's good to see DT not so underweighted.

Was really hoping ScoreV2 would be more forgiving to a 1 miss halfway through but it looks like it will still be a death sentence to your score. Curious to see what others think about this.
WOW THANKS! O3O I thought they would have fixed the "combo decides everything" when I saw Score_V2 for CTB (associating with how the Standard Score_v2 works). So far it just seems to be "scaling the total score of all maps to 1,000,000 like Mania, with heavier weighted bananas".

About Accuracy VS Combo:
SPOILER
Completely overshadowing droplets is not a good idea too, as on high-end plays, a SS can require tenfold the skill of a A-rank FC. E.g. DT SS on Stamp On The Ground [Insane] is WAAAAYY harder than getting B-rank FC, HR SS on Yoiyami Hanabi [Twilight] is also a lot harder than an A-rank FC. In fact a 1 miss with all droplet caught can be much more demanding than an FC missing half of the droplets for many many maps. If I were to decide, I would have 15% Acc + 85% Combo as the metric for score calculation. 15% might not seem like a lot, but for 3 VS 3 that difference could add up to almost half of one member's max score (15% x 3 = 45%). There are plenty of maps that have an overload of tricky droplets, experienced map selectors would not have issues with map selection.
Zak
I think droplets are able to account for more of your score than you guys think, why not try to do some testing on maps with only a few droplets, and then comparing to very slider heavy maps with really high droplet amounts. I might actually do some testing with it myself later today.
Riari

Zak wrote:

I think droplets are able to account for more of your score than you guys think, why not try to do some testing on maps with only a few droplets, and then comparing to very slider heavy maps with really high droplet amounts. I might actually do some testing with it myself later today.

I don't have the multi link anymore but we did try something with droplets. Dropping about 25% acc caused you to drop around ~25k score if you full combo'd. Didn't check if this was consistent but it may help a bit here.

EDIT:

Yoishi was on scoreV1 so discount that.
deadbeat
i'll post this here since it might speed up some stuff

smoogipooo wrote:

At least 900000 of your score depends on your combo and combo retention like in standard. Up to 100000 of your score comes from droplets. Then there is bonus score - 500 per banana caught in banana waterfalls.
The droplet score is scaled down depending on the ratio of droplets to other objects in the map. For example a map with one droplet will scale the 100000 very low whilst a map with only sliders (and thus a ton of droplets) will scale the droplet score up to 100000.
If the droplet score is less than 100000, then the combo score is increased. For example if the droplet score was scaled to 50000 then you could get 950000 from the combo portion.
I should mention that this is still being tweaked and any feedback is greatly appreciated
Hirikoshi
Personally, i think that old system score for ctb was waaaaaaay better than this. Maybe not perfect, but cmon. It really hurts when you get 1x miss and then you know that your score will be bad.
Zak
The point of Score v2 is to prevent an entire team being carried as it's happened in the past, now your entire team has to play consistently well or you'll fall behind. It worked well for Standard and as long as it's tweaked a bit to fit CtB it should work just fine for us as well.
Riari

Zak wrote:

The point of Score v2 is to prevent an entire team being carried as it's happened in the past, now your entire team has to play consistently well or you'll fall behind. It worked well for Standard and as long as it's tweaked a bit to fit CtB it should work just fine for us as well.
But now misses in the middle effectively halve the score you can achieve whilst a miss at the start or the end barely tickles your score in comparison.
deadbeat
isn't half the score less of a score drop that score v1 though? i would of thought a miss around the half way mark with score v1 would only give about 1/4 of the max score
Sorceress

deadbeat wrote:

isn't half the score less of a score drop that score v1 though? i would of thought a miss around the half way mark with score v1 would only give about 1/4 of the max score
Probably so but if ScoreV2 is what we will be using throughout the game sometime in the future then we want to get this "right", not just settle for something because it's better than ScoreV1. Right now it looks like ScoreV2 adds a 1 million score cap but that's about it which does stop one player carrying but it doesn't seem to change much else.

There's plenty more I'd like to discuss but I think it would be a good idea to have a thread on the CtB forum like the one for standard so we're not spamming this thread that is supposed to be about the tournament itself.
Riari

deadbeat wrote:

I'd feel much worse missing in the middle of scorev2 than in the middle of scorev1, knowing that the people on my team have a chance of being able to carry me through.
Zak

Riari wrote:

deadbeat wrote:

I'd feel much worse missing in the middle of scorev2 than in the middle of scorev1, knowing that the people on my team have a chance of being able to carry me through.
That's the entire point of Score v2 though....
Riari

Zak wrote:

Riari wrote:

That's the entire point of Score v2 though....

ScoreV2 would be nice if it didn't work off combo, I don't see how missing in the middle is any worse than missing at the end and why you should be punished even harder for it with the new system. If the system was like mania where combo was just a pretty number, but misses were weighted a lot more then I'd be much happier as matches wouldn't just hinge on 1/3'rd of the map waiting for somebody to make a mistake.
show more