forum

[resolved] Auto play doesn't work for any beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WorldsEnder
Problem Details:

When I (a) activate the Auto mod or (b) Strg-Click a song to start it, it will not start the song but immediatly quit to the song select and show a little box explaining that the song could not be loaded. Note that this is not specific to the song I select, the problem persists for any map I tried.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: b20160408.5
RickehSenpai
ME TOO :( :( :(
Dntm8kmeeatu
It seems like you are offline, Does this happen when online?
Topic Starter
WorldsEnder
You are right Dntm8kmeeatu, it only happens when I'm offline.
Dntm8kmeeatu
It seems to be some kind of new bug or error. You are on stable latest right?

Seems to be happening on Cutting Edge too kinda. /t/440983
XMornIngStarX
Me too and only a few beatmaps can autoplay while offline. Also, the preview gameplay button under Skin section also gives this error message when offline since this also related to autoplay.

Edit: Only some beatmaps can be autoplay/preview gameplay.
Dntm8kmeeatu
I cannot seem to replicate this. If you can guys provide more info on something you think might be causing it, or specific beatmaps that seem to do it. That would be great.
XMornIngStarX

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

I cannot seem to replicate this. If you can guys provide more info on something you think might be causing it, or specific beatmaps that seem to do it. That would be great.
Actually there are quite alot of beatmaps that cannot autoplay when offline. This is 1 of them
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/123593
I'm not sure what might be causing it because this only happens after the update b20160408.5

Edit: In the runtime log file this appears
4/8/2016 4:53:56 PM: ERROR (hard crash): C:\Program Files (x86)\osu!\Songs\123593 Rostik - Liquid (Paul Rosenthal Remix)
4/8/2016 4:53:56 PM: ERROR (hard crash): System.NullReferenceException
GAViFEDE
Topic Starter
WorldsEnder
There are more things going bad (but I haven't figured out a reliable way to replicated them):

Sometimes no maps are being displayed when switching to Grouping: Collections
- this completely bugs out the song view, when after switching back to no Grouping you click a song once, it will try to start and fail like the auto play fails
- song select goes derp: right click wont scroll through the songs, but also start the song.
- this persists throught restarts of osu!

I'll try to record this happening (currently it is fixable by logging in in the main menu and going into song select, everything works again) and post it.

I won't make a separate bug report because (a) I think it's related (b) I don't have screenshots
Dntm8kmeeatu

WorldsEnder wrote:

I won't make a separate bug report because (a) I think it's related (b) I don't have screenshots

Good call, This all seems to be linked to some bigger picture going wrong. Looking into it.
[Shiny]
I'm looking this topic, because I have the same problem with Replay and Auto (probably also the other bugs that you have mentioned, but you catch me)
I can't play online all the time so I hope this gets fixed soon :)
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix replay watching not working when logged out. (peppy)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20160408.12.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.