forum

Why is a 2nd Osu account not allowed? [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zerothefallen
I wanted to make a new one, but it says I am not allowed to.

What is the reason?
James2250
You could use more than 1 account to give yourself an unfair advantage compared to other people in mapping/playing and almost anything to do in osu!
For example:

Someone could get really good at a song and get the top 5 places on it
Someone could make 100 accounts and vote 1 on a map with all of them to bring the rating down
You could spam chat with 1 account and get banned and just go on another account
You could make hundreds of maps with different accounts (which is frowned upon as there is a limit)
It wouldn't be very nice if the top 10 people in osu were the same person (which someone could do if they really wanted to)

There are several other reasons similar to these that only 1 account is allowed

Finally why would you want to make another one in the first place?
Topic Starter
zerothefallen

James2250 wrote:

You could use more than 1 account to give yourself an unfair advantage compared to other people in mapping/playing and almost anything to do in osu!
For example:

Someone could get really good at a song and get the top 5 places on it
Someone could make 100 accounts and vote 1 on a map with all of them to bring the rating down
You could spam chat with 1 account and get banned and just go on another account
You could make hundreds of maps with different accounts (which is frowned upon as there is a limit)
It wouldn't be very nice if the top 10 people in osu were the same person (which someone could do if they really wanted to)

There are several other reasons similar to these that only 1 account is allowed

Finally why would you want to make another one in the first place?
I wish to make an account for a name change, but I don't want to change my current accounts name.

I also want to play on a fresh account and get that ones rank up.

I don't ever talk in osu chat anyways.
I can't map

Though you can't exactly take my word as reason right?

I just wish to create a second account, though if you wish, you can watch my account I make?
James2250
Under no circumstances can one person own 2 accounts even if you plan to do nothing bad with the multiple account

You will have to decide if you want to change the name of your current account or not etc

Just how it is~
Topic Starter
zerothefallen
Well

crap
Kitsunemimi
Wow, someone who actually read the rules and has the knowledge that multiaccounting isn't allowed. Although it may be disappointing, I'm impressed by the fact that this guy is smarter than all those people who just randomly fail and make another account.
Topic Starter
zerothefallen

Kitsunemimi wrote:

Wow, someone who actually read the rules and has the knowledge that multiaccounting isn't allowed. Although it may be disappointing, I'm impressed by the fact that this guy is smarter than all those people who just randomly fail and make another account.
More or less I'm just scared as f*** of losing this account.

Also I have no idea where the rules are located :P
mm201
Also remember that we have no assurance other than your word that you won't do any of those things.

(Adding to that list, you can farm Kudosu by Kudosuing posts made on one account with the other.
You can then apply this Kudosu to give your maps inflated priority.)
LuigiHann
The main reason has generally been that your accuracy is intended to represent your cumulative skill. If you start a fresh account after having practiced on a previous account, you'll have an unnaturally high accuracy rating (because the new account has never played through the "learning curve" state) and that isn't fair.
MeitanteiKonan7

LuigiHann wrote:

The main reason has generally been that your accuracy is intended to represent your cumulative skill. If you start a fresh account after having practiced on a previous account, you'll have an unnaturally high accuracy rating (because the new account has never played through the "learning curve" state) and that isn't fair.
For the "cumulative skill" argument, you can disconnect from your account, train offline, and it will be the same (unnaturally high accuracy rating). Am I wrong ?
VoidnOwO

MeitanteiKonan7 wrote:

LuigiHann wrote:

For the "cumulative skill" argument, you can disconnect from your account, train offline, and it will be the same (unnaturally high accuracy rating). Am I wrong ?

deadbeat
horray for bumping old threads.
long story short. you're not allowed more than 1 account deal with it :>
MillhioreF